So i'm getting all the OOOHHSSS and AHHHHHHHS whenever someone sees my storm because they dont have one.

i would never badmouth RIM or blackberry even if there are rough patches in our relationship.

what about you guys?
    when someone asks about it
    do you tell them how messy the accelerometer is?
    do you speak of the slow camera??
    do you dare mention faulty models you've had to replace once or twice???
    do you make word of how you sometimes are just frustrated?
    do you speak of the alleged affair with the "other woman" that some users run to? (iphone 3g)

or are you a good stepford wife and grin & bare it like you have the perfect marriage that couldn't be any better?
    01-09-09 09:57 PM
    im honest i tell people its ok but whenever you get the new toy first it needs twaking
    01-09-09 09:59 PM
    Nope, I tell them the truth.
    I really like BB/Storm even with the issues.
    01-09-09 10:00 PM
    Nope, I tell them the truth.
    I really like BB/Storm even with the issues.
    Something in common.
    01-09-09 10:02 PM
    "can I click it" is usually what I get. and them I procede to tell them about how it is. i wont lie about it, wont say its working as well as an iphone but it works fine for me for now and only gets better
    01-09-09 10:12 PM
    I end up having to defend my storm all the time. When ever someone asks me about it they always start with "it looks cool but it has X problem". Then I tell them that mine doesn't and show them that the phone preforms very well. I have had non storm owners tell me all the problems that my phone apparently has before I even have the chance to show them. It seems everyone knows someone that has a faulty storm. I guess I am very lucky because I am on my first storm and it works great.
    01-09-09 10:13 PM
    lol. I dont let anyone touch my phone but me. I paid alot for this. So the "oooooos and ahhhhhhhs" are all mine lol
    01-09-09 10:19 PM
    I am done defending this phone, I'm done sugar coating it too. They want the truth! THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
    I do love other blackberries however.
    When it works like it should, then i will tell them it works as it should. Until then they will hear what i want to say, if they ask
    01-09-09 10:22 PM
    I tell people it's an awesome phone, but the build quality is ****. I've told them about the dust issue I've had, but always tell them if RIM gets this fixed it is THE phone to have. Great device, but build quality holds it back IMO. You shouldn't have to worry about putting a phone in your pocket or holster, and pulling it out and having dust under the glass.
    01-09-09 10:24 PM
    So i'm getting all the OOOHHSSS and AHHHHHHHS whenever someone sees my storm because they dont have one.

i would never badmouth RIM or blackberry even if there are rough patches in our relationship.

what about you guys?
    do you speak of the alleged affair with the "other woman" that some users run to? (iphone 3g)

or are you a good stepford wife and grin & bare it like you have the perfect marriage that couldn't be any better?
    - My accelerometer is great
    - The camera being is not an issue I worry about.
    - Never had to replace it.
    - Not Frustrated as much as most are.
    - No love affair with the Jesusphone

- yes I have seen these issues with other storms, just not mine. Not sure if it is because I deleted and changed my set up to specifications I learned here on CB. OR it could be people who don't get blackberries.

The Iphone/Apple do the best job at simplifying their products for the consumer. Even a novice should have no problem getting used to the iphone in a couple days. Bberries are just a whole other animal.
    01-09-09 10:29 PM
    No. I tell the truth because I haven't had most of the issues that people complain about.
    01-09-09 10:42 PM
    Half of the people around here are not even being honest with themselves! I let people know the truth, if you are stuck with Verizon, it is the only game in town, compared to the iPhone, it is a joke, and the Bold is probably a better choice too.
    01-09-09 11:09 PM
    I tell them its a great phone but that I've had it over a month and i'm still learning. That its a phone that takes a some real noodling to learn. And thats what I believe.

cw
    01-09-09 11:11 PM
    I tell them it's the wrost piece of technology diarrhea ding a doo doo I ever owned.
    The phone needs a GPU accelerator like most all touch screens and that's mainly why it's slow as ****.
    It's other reasons for being soo slow and buggy besides looking nice I DUNNO!
    No WI-FI, slow camera, just SLOW fun, crashing terribleness.
    And this is IF you get past all the trouble with exchanges and finally get a good touch screen.
    I can't wait to UNLOAD this thing.
    Trust me this RIM device will be look at as there BIG black eye.
    01-09-09 11:20 PM

what about you guys?

I don't have a faulty accelerometer
    My Camera is not at all alow in fact I take animal photos with no problem(squirrels, birds etc)
    Never had to replace a unit I have the original unit I received the DAY after launch.
    Nothing to get frustrated about-In fact to date I have sold 13 STORMS for VZW (I contend they should be paying ME commission or residuals on contracts for that!!). I even have a workflow in my demoes lol.
    And I WAS an iphone user for about 5 mins when I had AT&T early last year before switching BACK to VZW (someone gave it to me to test out when they didn't like it) & I'm an apple lover & that didn't work out for me AT ALL.

So my question is, Why on earth would I need to be DISHONEST when people ask me about my STORM? I still contend that aside from hardware & minor firmware issues (which are almost ALWAYS unavoidable at launch) that 70% of the problems I see that are attributed to the STORM are really operator error. Either the person is a NOOB to BB AND the STORM at the sametime which is a bad idea in my opinion, OR they simply DO not take the time to search for their "issue" so they create a new thread & mass hysteria starts.
    01-09-09 11:38 PM
    - My accelerometer is great
    - The camera being is not an issue I worry about.
    - Never had to replace it.
    - Not Frustrated as much as most are.
    - No love affair with the Jesusphone

- yes I have seen these issues with other storms, just not mine. Not sure if it is because I deleted and changed my set up to specifications I learned here on CB. OR it could be people who don't get blackberries.

The Iphone/Apple do the best job at simplifying their products for the consumer. Even a novice should have no problem getting used to the iphone in a couple days. Bberries are just a whole other animal.
    EXACTLY.
    01-09-09 11:39 PM
    its all good. its all good.
    01-09-09 11:53 PM
    My usual response is: It's alright, takes getting used to but I really like it.
    01-09-09 11:58 PM
    I say that the performance was a little sluggish when it first released, but after a few updates I am completely satisfied. I love my Storm, and I tell anyone who asks the same.
    01-10-09 12:03 AM
    I tell them it's the wrost piece of technology diarrhea ding a doo doo I ever owned.
    The phone needs a GPU accelerator like most all touch screens and that's mainly why it's slow as ****.
    It's other reasons for being soo slow and buggy besides looking nice I DUNNO!
    No WI-FI, slow camera, just SLOW fun, crashing terribleness.
    And this is IF you get past all the trouble with exchanges and finally get a good touch screen.
    I can't wait to UNLOAD this thing.
    Trust me this RIM device will be look at as there BIG black eye.
    Now tell us how you really feel. =]

When people ask about my Storm. I can be truthful in saying I fortunately don't have 90% of the issues as most people. I mean it would be nice to have the pretty transitions and gestures the iPhone offers but I'm not even close to considering jumping on that Apple lovefest.
    -My accelerometer is near perfect.
    -My camera is as slow/fast as most people's phone cameras (including my experience with iPhone camera, which suck IMO).
    -Never needed, nor thought about getting a replacement.
    -I'm only rarely frustrated with the small-ish choice of compatible apps currently available.
    -And I wouldn't use the iPhone if you paid me. (Regardless of the fact I would never leave VZW)

You can't get what BB gives you on the iPhone. Yeah, its not as smooth and pretty as the OS from Apple, but when it comes right down to it, wouldn't you give up a little bit of aesthetics for a better product? (I may be a little lucky since I don't have the dust, lag, click, and button issues)
    01-10-09 01:04 AM
    Now tell us how you really feel. =]

When people ask about my Storm. I can be truthful in saying I fortunately don't have 90% of the issues as most people. I mean it would be nice to have the pretty transitions and gestures the iPhone offers but I'm not even close to considering jumping on that Apple lovefest.
    -My accelerometer is near perfect.
    -My camera is as slow/fast as most people's phone cameras (including my experience with iPhone camera, which suck IMO).
    -Never needed, nor thought about getting a replacement.
    -I'm only rarely frustrated with the small-ish choice of compatible apps currently available.
    -And I wouldn't use the iPhone if you paid me. (Regardless of the fact I would never leave VZW)

You can't get what BB gives you on the iPhone. Yeah, its not as smooth and pretty as the OS from Apple, but when it comes right down to it, wouldn't you give up a little bit of aesthetics for a better product? (I may be a little lucky since I don't have the dust, lag, click, and button issues)
    I'm on the same boat as you. I tell them pretty much the same thing except for the replacement thing. Gotten a replacement and love it. I tell people, if you do get a Storm, and are unhappy with it, let me show you some tricks, take an hour out of my day and I'll try to make the most out of it and show them what to do and what not to do.
    01-10-09 02:16 AM

what about you guys?

Never had to mention any of these to other people, because I've never had these problems.
    01-10-09 09:32 AM
    Turn off the image stabilization....same camera speed as the curve
    01-10-09 09:49 AM
    When I've had people ask about my Storm, I was truthful on everything I told them. The first thing I tell the phone doesn't work like it does in the commercials since those images are all simulated. The second thing I tell them is that there are some people having problems with the device but luckily I'm not one of them. I tell them that I'm still on my first blackberry that I bought at launch while some are on their second, third or even sixth. I mention to them some of the problems that were originally present with OS .65 and how many of them were fixed up to the current OS .85. I tell them that there were problems with the accelerometer at first taking a while to switch from portrait to landscape and back but it has been fixed and is as fast as ever for me. I mention how the camera can sometimes take a while to take a picture (partly due to image stabilization and geotagging) but the picture quality is excellent. I describe to them the current list of applications and games available to the storm and compare it to when the iphone first was released. I mention how the app center and app storefront are supposed to be released as early as march of this year. The last thing I tell them is to not compare the storm with the iphone. Yes they might be close to one another but they were both built to do different things better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 01:08 PM
    I tell people a tech savvy youngun like myself had no problem transitioning from a dumbphone to my first smartphone/bb

Others just aren't as bright as me I guess

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD