So we have all read the latest review from supreme Apple fanboy BG and his lackey. Just reading through some of the responses to his live blog makes me wonder how many people are now turning their backs to the storm. Software issues aside, my opinion of the device hasn't changed and I will be at my local store the day of launch to get my storm...even with a few bugs. How about you? Do you trust BG's opinion enough to wait a while/or not get a storm at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 06:34 AM
    Well I think people have different opinions on everything. But until you get the device and have a chance to use it yourself it shouldnt matter what anyone else says. Im pretty sure Verizon has a nice return policy, so if you dont like it you can give it back. LOL
    10-30-08 06:39 AM
    I will be ordering it no matter what. And like Cut said.. you have 30 days anyways.
    10-30-08 06:41 AM
    Software issues/bugs would never put me off. Not in this day and age.

It's been a while since a high spec phone has been released with absolutely NO software issues from day 1.

Of course the Storm will have a few teething problems. Sure won't keep me from it.
    10-30-08 06:46 AM
    So we have all read the latest review from supreme Apple fanboy BG and his lackey. Just reading through some of the responses to his live blog makes me wonder how many people are now turning their backs to the storm. Software issues aside, my opinion of the device hasn't changed and I will be at my local store the day of launch to get my storm...even with a few bugs. How about you? Do you trust BG's opinion enough to wait a while/or not get a storm at all?

Thats half the PROBLEM with consumers....... They so focus there decision on what everyone else states or there opinions....

The truth of the matter no matter what anyone's opinion of the device is my money is my money if I am going to buy something I go try it out myself and make my own conclusion before purchasing... I didn't grab a iPhone untill over a year after it was out the reviews were great and the phone was very cool... I went and played with it a couple times and really had to find out for myself just how nice it was....

Now that I know the benefits of having a "touch screen" device it wont make my next purchase as hard to take... but truth be known a phone is now a part of everyday life if it doesn't work it effects your day in some way or another so I am going to walk into verizon play with the phone make sure I like it probably wait a few weeks to see if the device is actually working in the real world decent... then go back to the store try it out again and if its good go for it...

minor problems such as screen lag and things thats a software issue not a hardware issue I mean yes its new to have a screen as a button but **** its still just a button a button is a on/off type switch the software is the problem not the hardware...

summary:

If the phone isn't working properly the day it comes out that doesn't make my decision on a purchase a deal breaker my purchase might just be delayed is all...
    10-30-08 06:48 AM
    And every device has bugs and things but since we know about CB we shouldnt have a problem with any device. LOL
    10-30-08 06:48 AM
    nah theres no marketing or opinion to change my outcome. thats like people who listen to the apple commercials where the fat guys a pc. in a sense its fanboyism where little things that may not even be relevant are poked fun at to try and get everyone to see what you think you see. opinions are good to get an idea not to make a decision
    10-30-08 06:53 AM
    The thing is here that most consumers purchasing the new BB Storm on the day of its release won't know what a boy genius report is.

10-30-08 07:35 AM
    I think it will sway a few people. Unfortunately one negative post from BGR about a verizon phone and a blackberry product **Surprised?** compared to the 10 other positive reviews has people all up in a ruckus. I'll never understand it.

I will buy it as soon as it's available!
    10-30-08 07:43 AM
    Well, I read BGR because he does give good info at times, many times actually. However, it has been extremely obvious that he has been biased against Verizon and RIM, especially the Storm. Funny, that every other blogger has had great things to say about the Storm, except BG. That in itself, seems fishy to me. So, I reject anything that he says about VZW, RIM, or the Storm. I'll listen to another respected reviewer to help me in my decisions.
    10-30-08 07:43 AM
    Well I think someone says he's an aPple fan too. So that will make him biased. I am an apple fan too and I had both iphones but they just don't do it for me. But I am still goNna get the storm. I'm sure its not as bad as he is maing it to be.

10-30-08 08:00 AM
    It definitely does not sway me either. I will be at the store on launch day, buying 2 of them just like I originally planned.
    10-30-08 08:06 AM
    I'm not saying anything negativeabout the guy, but the posts he gives do have a sense of bias to them, that's why I don't take anything he says against 2 companies he hates with much more than a grain of salt.

I look at it like, Kevin... the guru of CRACKBERRY can give an honest review of the iphone, and the blackberry products. That is the type of guy I will take information from and if he came back and said "Whoa this sucks" I would start to falter a tiny bit. But BGR, for insider information not to bad, for unbias reviews? Meh, I'll wait and find out myself.
    10-30-08 08:10 AM
    My thought is if you are a hardcore BB fan then nothing is going to convince you that the device is bad. If you are a hardcore Iphone fan then nothing is going to convince you to switch to a storm.

Most consumers are not brand/device commited. With that in mind, BGR reviews could cause a lot of people to skip right passed this device if that is the review they come by when searching for info on the device.

Personally, none of the reviews are going to sway me one way or the other. They will just let me know what good and bad things to look for when I handel the device in person. I will leave it up to the device to sell me or loose me.
    10-30-08 08:25 AM
    I think everybody has their own opinions and there are always those people who will be biased towards one company/device. BGR obviously does not like VZW/RIM and it's pretty evident through his posts. He likes to talk a lot of smack about the phone and then try to redeem himself by adding in a positive one-liner at the end. But hey, to each his own.

After playing with the phone last night, I can clearly say that this is going to be my next device. Yes, the OS was buggy but it's not something that can't be fixed. BGR will always have his own opinions and it's stupid to let one person decide whether or not you're going to upgrade to the Storm.

If you're really unsure, just wait until it comes out and if you're still on the fence, wait for the final reviews.
    10-30-08 08:49 AM
    I am going to kill BG.

Or am I?
    10-30-08 08:51 AM
    BGR's review will not sway many come on Laggy could just be not knowing how to use properly. Plus on our side Kevin's review from devcon was way more hands on and way more positive. It's so funny that an apple fanboy would dare to complain about a prerelease product considering how long it took for apple to debug iphone.
    10-30-08 08:54 AM
    Boy Genius Can Ki$$ my A$$ not on the right cheek and not on the left cheek but riiiiiiiiiight in the groove.
    I have to see feel and touch it for myself.
    AKA
    S1
    10-30-08 08:55 AM
    BG provides great iphone reviews.
    Last edited by Stanfna; 10-30-08 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Kevin is right no need to bash BG
    10-30-08 09:24 AM
    Geeez Guys.... I hate to see any bashing on here...whether you agree or disagree. Keep it clean. The smartphone world would be way less fun without BG. He's always got people talking, and like em, love em or hate em, that's a great thing.

Also - I just posted my recap from yesterdays' L.A. party. MUST READ if you're into the details on this stuff...

http://crackberry.com/l-blackberry-s...ch-party-recap
    10-30-08 09:26 AM
    Do you think it's possible that maybe the interface won't be as smooth as the Iphone's and that's what the BGR kids are talking about?

I mean iphones were plenty quirky when they hit - dropped calls, no coverage, etc...

When you have 2 years of upgrades to your firmware, you get all the kinks worked out. If anyone has had a first gen hardware they are almost always buggy.

Even my pearl has quirks now...

I think we are still looking at the 15th release date and I will be grabbing mine that day. The storm will have plenty of problems and I can't wait to find them all!

10-30-08 09:36 AM
    Blackberry ALWAYS puts out QUALITY devices... why should the Storm be any different?
    10-30-08 09:41 AM
    Like I said, i just don't like the bias, he is good for information, and a credible source, not bashing in anyway. But for unbias reviews I sometimes feel that BGR might not be the way to go, .

I don't doubt what he SAID about the phone, it could have been buggy. So I take it with a grain of salt and add one negative review to the many positive reviews, we needed one, and it doesn't matter it came from BGR.... can't have completely positive everything, and if anyone is going to point out the flaws, like it or not, its BGR, and we can depend on that, which is in an indirect way... a very good thing!
    10-30-08 10:23 AM
    II have to agree with Kevin here, this thread was not meant to bash BG . I personally don't care for his opinions of RIM or VZ as they are always biased. However, that's not the point. Will his review of the storm from last nights event sway your opinion?

10-30-08 10:26 AM
    Don't blame BG! If you want to be pissed at someone, point your aggression toward RIM and VZW!!!
    10-30-08 10:28 AM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD