I bought my storm last month. I've read all the threads on improving the performance and even did the business card trick. I have very little apps, and only 8 apps on my home screen. I'm notorious for keeping a clean system (free of worthless apps). But I'm fed up. I paid $200 dollars for phone that freezes on me every other day. I've improved the lenght of my battery (it can last 2+ days on normal use), but what good is that if I can't even scroll through my text messages or even reply to them? So I'm like f*ck it, I'll call the person, and to make matters worse, my my key pad won't even respond and my contacts won't even pull up. WTF?!? I have to pull the battery and then wait the 5 minutes for the gray screen to finish loading. Are you serious? I don't demand perfection, but I do demand the phone to at least do what it's designed to do. WORK!!!! The 75% of the time the phone works, I love it. But when I need it, it lets me down.
    03-06-09 07:24 PM
    Oh, and my video camera doesn't work. I really don't need one, but don't put one in if it doesn't work.
    03-06-09 07:29 PM
    What OS version are you running? I keep my Storm very similar to your set up. I upgraded to beta .109 and it has been flawless! Hope this helps ya.
    03-06-09 07:31 PM
    Same here when I need it most it usually doesn't work to well for me and I am running .109.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 07:33 PM
    Yep. Try .109 its working great for most of us. Only problem is EDGE connection, battery life and memory leek. However its very very stable.

03-06-09 07:41 PM
    I noticed when I shut my system off and removed the battery overnight...everything changed for me and the phone battery lasts much longer and phone has improved dramatically.
    03-06-09 07:46 PM
    i got my storm first week in january and up'd it to.109. everything works great on it. can't be happier. bb & cb addict
    03-06-09 07:50 PM
    Only problem I have is I am unable to send mms messages. Otherwise flawless with 109

03-06-09 07:53 PM
    Only problem I have is I am unable to send mms messages. Otherwise flawless with 109

Well people want it to be more like an iPhone

sorry couldnt help myself...
    03-06-09 07:56 PM
    i got my storm first week in january and up'd it to.109. everything works great on it. can't be happier. bb & cb addict
    same here. Only had a battery issue the first 48 hours of .109.... pulled it out, and life lasts pretty long for me.
    03-06-09 10:21 PM
    just fixed the mms problem with help from Crackutil thanks!!
    03-07-09 06:48 AM
    As others have mentioned we can't really begin to assist with your problems until we know what OS you are running.
    03-07-09 01:01 PM
    I'll echo a question already asked. Are you still running on .75? Or which one are you running? Maybe you should consider an upgrade to one of the leaked OS's. Unless of course your on a MAC. If that's the case, sorry bud.
    03-07-09 03:20 PM
    If you need a reloable phone look somewhere else, .109 is beta for a reason, it has serious bugs in the radio code.
    03-07-09 03:39 PM
    Hang in there Subby,there are some great people on here that can fix every problem with these phone's.I've gottin lots of help myself
    03-07-09 03:47 PM
    I think it is funny when I hear "the OS is flawless except blah, and blah, and blah" or "it works great except for the fact that I can't send MMS"

I love the Storm. And I loved it throughout my first month with it. I upgraded from .75 to .103 and then .109 when it came out and never really had a problem at all. Never even considered returning it or exchanging it.

Now that 30 days has come and gone, my phone is deciding to F up on me. Memory leak is terrible (first time even with .109), freezes up on me, keypad lags, battery drains more now than ever. I can't even have more than one or two 3rd party apps on my phone without worrying about the app memory dropping from 40 to 5 and locking up on me. I swear sometimes I think that they created this phone to last 30 days so you can't do anything about it but get another Storm, most likely a refurb.

Sorry, I just had to rant. But it has been pestering me for the last couple of days that the phone was great to me and now it is starting to suck when I can't do anything about it. I defended the **** out of the Storm whenever I had the chance too, I even encouraged buddies of mine and my father to get one. Now I am disgruntled and I don't want to feel this way.

I have been putting off a rant but I guess I just couldn't hold it in anymore.
    03-07-09 03:53 PM
    Id recommend an update through a leaked OS. .109 is good.

With that you'll get the same 75% you mentioned, but a bit faster and responding better but the 25% is still there. It still lacks dependability and that is what we all are waiting for. Hopefully sooner then later.
    03-07-09 03:56 PM
    RCCollins and HeroBerry I know the pain. I loved mine until a month ago, now I just want rid.

My issues are hardware, not software which I think (?) they might fix.
    03-07-09 04:02 PM
    I have the lasted official OS. I upgraded it when I first got the phone 3 weeks ago. This is my first smart phone and don't feel confident enough to upgrade to a "leaked" OS. I don't know if that will cancel my insurance because I'm using something that is unauthorized. I'm now pretty fed up with the texting. My key pad freezes. I just yank the battery out while it's still powered on and put it back it. If fixes the problems usually, but if I don't use the texting then it goes back to lagging so badly, I might as well call them, it would be faster. Thanks for all the replies.
    Last edited by subby280; 03-09-09 at 06:55 PM.
    03-09-09 06:45 PM
    im starting to feel your pain as well. No flash player (OUCH) and you can only use one channel of sound at a time (OUCH). Then to top it off they restrict you to only X amount of memory for your apps (OUCH) Let us put apps on our memory card PLEASE!!!!!!! Its crazy ill be texting and the notification noise wont go off because im doing something WHAT!!! and when your using a game it wont play two sounds at once thats just FAIL... BLACKBERRY your letting me down miserable. I loved the storm till these problems arised i had so much confidence in you guys then all this its sad. Yes we can copy and paste and yes we have some sweet things we have that the iphone doesnt but so doesnt the iphone having things we dont. I hate the iphone and i would never pick one up but maybe the pre will take the smartphones to the house.

(The storm should have taken the market by storm but how did RIM over look all these things its upsetting)
    03-09-09 06:52 PM
    Heroberry..i have an idea for you..i'll tell you later though
    03-09-09 07:54 PM
    Heroberry..i have an idea for you..i'll tell you later though
    And what would that idea be?

Place my phone in its Otterbox and chuck it against the wall hard enough to see how strong the case is?

That might give me some satisfaction. Probably put a hole in my wall though, the Otterbox is damn heavy.
    03-10-09 01:07 AM
    What OS version are you running? I keep my Storm very similar to your set up. I upgraded to beta .109 and it has been flawless! Hope this helps ya.
    Yea but if it breaks God forbid, you void warranty am i right?
    03-10-09 01:26 AM
    THIS PHONE HAS A TON OF ISSUES. PERIOD!!!

I do love my storm, im sticking with it, but god f-uck-ing damn. All you who swear .109 makes everything better can eat ****.
    03-10-09 01:34 AM
    these are the kind of topics that scare teh **** out of me....i havent had mine for a month yet
    03-10-09 01:45 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD