I did search for an answer to this question, but the answer I found doesn't work for me.....

I had to wipe my Storm in order to stop the video camera from freezing up the phone. When I restored my phone through desktop manager back up, on my main screen I had 2 rows of icons. I don't like that....previous to the wipe I was able to have only 1 row with 4 icons across.

I cannot get my main screen to look like that again. From the main screen, when I hit the bb button, then select "options" I get NO menu. I have gone to the option button itself, selected screen/keyboard, and selected "short menu", and that does not remove the second row of icons.

So, how to fix?

TIA
    12-02-08 05:17 PM
    Searched using homescreen icons and lo and behold look what I found

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...screen-105053/

GEEZ..... Look little harder......
    12-02-08 05:19 PM
    Jeez, read a little harder

I DID see that thread and I DID try that solution, but when I select OPTIONS from the menu, I don't GET ANY. " From the main screen, when I hit the bb button, then select "options" I get NO menu. I have gone to the option button itself, selected screen/keyboard, and selected "short menu", and that does not remove the second row of icons."
    12-02-08 05:25 PM
    Touch the screen once to bring up all the icons then go to options it is right there....
    12-02-08 05:26 PM
    Imma telling you........It's THERE but it doesn't bring up any options!! No worky!
    12-02-08 05:28 PM
    Bring up all the icons. The press the BB button. Then go to options.
    12-02-08 05:33 PM
    OKAY touch the home screen and all the icons appear right?
    Click the BB menu button
    Go to options
    Set homescreen layout pick the one you want then hit menu button save and close
    12-02-08 05:33 PM
    Also check Options>Advanced Options> Accessibility and check the grid layout.
    12-02-08 05:34 PM
    Hmmm....maybe I'm not explaining well.

When you turn on your phone, the first screen that comes up (default is the Verizon check mark) THAT screen is the one that I am referring to. I want only one row of icons across the bottom of that screen. Going to options/advanced/accessibility does not give me any options to change the number of rows on that very first Verizon check mark screen. When I go to options/screen/keyboard/menu and select short menu, that also does not change the Verizon check mark screen to ONE row.
    12-02-08 05:43 PM
    OKAY do you understand the words that I am typing
    Click the big red checkmark so your screen shows all of the icons
    Click the BB menu button you know the one that has the BB LOGO
    Click options
    THAT SCREEN HAS YOUR HOMESCREEN LAYOUT settings for ICONS click one row AND save and exit.....

IT IS NOT I REPEAT NOT IN THE SCREEN/KEYBOARD SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!
    12-02-08 05:46 PM
    spaciorek - dude, you need a vacation!
    12-02-08 05:50 PM
    Yea, I did that. Lots of times. No options present themselves. Now, I go suck my thumb because this is what I've been trying to say. No options pop up. Nothing. nada, zip, zero
    12-02-08 05:50 PM
    Have you done a battery pull?
    12-02-08 05:52 PM
    Yea, I did that. Lots of times. No options present themselves. Now, I go suck my thumb because this is what I've been trying to say. No options pop up. Nothing. nada, zip, zero
    Are you saying that you click "Options" under the BB menu in the home screen and nothing happens? This happened to me before. A battery pull fixed it.
    12-02-08 05:53 PM
    Battery pull fixed it. Thank you for the help. And a special *purrthanks* to spaciorek.
    12-02-08 06:18 PM
    I am almost scared to ask what a purrthanks is......
    12-02-08 07:29 PM
    nidisa-

I have the exact same issue. "Options" used to work fine for me, but after the .75 update, it quit working. A battery pull fixes it once, but then it fails afterwards.

I'm grateful for the "Accessibility" tip, but it doesn't allow you to change the number of rows on the homescreen, just the number of icons per row. Argh.
    Last edited by carpecervisi; 12-03-08 at 10:33 AM. Reason: clarity
    12-03-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD