Hi All -

As the title states, I have a year Old 9530 with 5.0.0.419 software.

What is the best os to replace it with? I start up with only about 12 mb of free app memory and leaks down to zilch at the end of the day. I only have the following apps installed: pandora, facebook, weather bug, yahoo im, quick launch, tether, google maps, meterberry.

I have never messed with any hybreds. Since the 9530 has not gotten much love from vzw, and I am not quite ready to switch phones, I thought I would see what a new os could do for me.

Thanks!
    06-28-10 11:32 AM
    Wow, I have the exact same setup.

Upgrade isn't due until September. I do love .419, I get a day and a half on battery and the screen dimming bug was fixed. Along with pop-up keys, this one has worked great for a while now.

Are there any new features in the new hybrids that make them must-have?
    06-28-10 11:47 AM
    Personally, I would stick with .419. This is the most stable OS to-date for me. I have not ready about any major changes to any of the other OS's to warrant me changing from .419

You should be getting more than 12MB at startup. I would reload .419 but use BBSaOS first.

I have a lot more apps installed that you and I boot up with 24.5MB and only need to do a pull every third day.
    06-28-10 12:20 PM
    I agree with valorian. At least Shrink-A-OS.
    06-28-10 12:31 PM
    9530/9500 - .692 Hybrid (419/484-Based) [by lyricidal] Findings and Fixes
    Install over your base .419. pretty solid hybrid. easy to do, just follow onscreen instructions.
    07-04-10 11:40 AM
    From reading the many posts on this board, one thing I've come to realize is, not all these devices react the same way to the different OS that have come out.
    I recently downgraded from a 5XX based hybrid to a 419 based hybrid. Its been way more stable for me. But I also read about others who are doing great on the newer hybrids. Here is the link to the one I put on about a month ago.
    forums.crackberry.com/f132/9530-9500-692-hybrid-419-484-based-lyricidal-findings-fixes-468923/
    I will try out the newest sometime this week.
    O and with the kind of startup memory, maybe you should give Shrink-a-OA a shot. Especially since it loads with the hybrid.
    Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 06:40 AM
    .419 is good. If your speed dials flaking out and your keyboard in the native browser wonking out bother you most of the .419 hybrids fix those issues.

.591 is reportedly not as good on the battery life...seems fine for me though. Other issue with .591 is opera mini visual glitch with the keyboard....rotation clears it but .419 doesn't have that issue.

Are we in for a nice leak season where we might need a choosing an OS to fit your needs thread? One can hope right...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 08:37 PM
    If you use Bluetooth at all, I'd stick with a .419 base, plus any hybrid that's compatible with it. I've tried both .591 and the new .685 bases and no matter what hybrid I load over them, the Bluetooth volume is very low - almost unusable while driving. Other than that it seems like the .591 base is the best for battery life, and .685 is very fast, but has lots of bugs (like not being able to end a phone call).
    07-05-10 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD