Hello Fellow Stormers...

I've tried for days to figure this out.. I've searched the forum but I get entirely too many threads off of a search to find what I'm looking for.. Maybe I'm not searching properly? I don't know but I'm tired of looking and finally decided **** it, I'm posting a question.

Yahoo Messenger is an included application on the Storm (I'm Verizon, if that matters btw)..

I have a valid Yahoo! ID and password that I've had for a long time... I have had my yahoo mail coming into my storm with no issue for a long time..

I installed Yahoo Messenger on my storm but every time I try to log in I get an invalid user ID and password error message.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times getting the program from the app center and the yahoo site but I get the same error message every time.

I didn't want to but I actually downloaded the pc program to my computer and logged in with no problem. I thought I might be crazy but, I wasn't..

I called verizon and talked with them about the problem. They have a trouble ticket, or whatever, out on it but no progress towards an answer or solution as of yet.

I have meticulously checked my login information and entered it into my device very carefully multiple times... But I still get the invalid id/password message.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and did you find any way to solve it?

Its the latest version of the messenger program and I am running the last "official" os version on my storm.... 75 I think it is....?

Any help would be appreciated....

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope..

03-26-09 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD