Why does my wifes Storm have a Yahoo icon when I set up her email? We both have verizon Fios email accts my Storm has an envelope with a globe her storm has an envelope with a purple Yahoo icon. How do i remove or change this?
    11-29-08 11:30 PM
    Same problem here. Waiting for response.
    11-29-08 11:32 PM
    that is yahoo messegner....that's all..hightlight>bb button>move to>instant messaging
    11-29-08 11:40 PM
    that is yahoo messegner....that's all..hightlight>bb button>move to>instant messaging

No, it's my regular email account but the icon is Yahoo.
    11-29-08 11:50 PM
    It is my Verizon Fios email account - setup on my Storm an dit worked fine. It works but she hates teh Yahoo Icon
    11-30-08 07:10 AM
    Same prob here. I have two accounts setup on my Storm. My work e-mail is first The icon in a large envolope with a little globe. Then I have me Verizon Fios e-mail and that is showing up as the envolope with the Yahoo symbol on it. Can Somebody please post if there is a way to switch Icons.
    11-30-08 07:24 AM
    I am having this problem as well. I have a new curve and recently added both of my email accounts. One is yahoo and the other verizon. As soon as the message boxes came up on the screen, they both had the Y! icon on them. I have tried many things to remove or change the icon and no luck.

About a year ago i had a pearl and was able to generate two different icons for the respective email accounts.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening on the curve or how to fix it so the icons are different?????
    12-02-08 01:52 AM
    Same prob here. I have two accounts setup on my Storm. My work e-mail is first The icon in a large envolope with a little globe. Then I have me Verizon Fios e-mail and that is showing up as the envolope with the Yahoo symbol on it. Can Somebody please post if there is a way to switch Icons.
    is your work email BES?

if so, are the two emails ocmpletely seperate or do they both go to messaging?
    12-02-08 02:12 AM
    is your work email BES?

if so, are the two emails ocmpletely seperate or do they both go to messaging?
    No BES. They are seperate but both go into messages folder. I even deleted my e-mails and readded them and the same thing happens
    12-04-08 09:38 AM
    Any updates on this? I have the same problem and connot find an answer.
    12-17-08 09:13 PM
    I saw awhile ago (somewhere around here) that verizon and yahoo use the same server and thats why it shows the yahoo icon.
    12-17-08 09:17 PM
    I saw that also, but I have two verizon.net accounts setup on my phone and it only happens to one of them.

Oh, well I hate the Yahoo icon, but it looks like maybe I am stuck with it.
    12-17-08 09:25 PM
    Has anyone found an answer to this yet? I am trying to remove the yahoo email icon, also....
    02-03-09 12:37 AM
    You won't be able to remove the Yahoo icon.

Verizon.net email addresses are "hosted" by yahoo. Thus what you essentially have is a yahoo email address with an @verizon.net signature instead of an @yahoo.com suffix.

It's basically like google's new application suite for education. While my email address says @college.edu, it is still a gmail account and I have all the benefits of a gmail account.

Think of this too. While you may have the ugly icon, you're getting as close to a BES experience as possible. If you delete via the web interface, it gets deleted from your phone too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD