Couldn't decide if this is the right forum but... my Storm is no longer reconciling the read status of my Yahoo email account Server > BB (BB > Server is working fine). Push seems to still be working but sync is only one way. It started several days ago.

Ive deleted/added the account via BIS and on the device both to no avail.

Anyone else experiencing this? BIS or Yahoo issue?
    05-31-10 10:04 AM
    AFAIK, it is still working for me, I haven't checked yet tho...
    05-31-10 10:14 AM
    I'm definitely experiencing these same issues on my Verizon Tour. I noticed it started happening after the BIS outage last week. If I read or delete an item on the BB, it will show up as read via the web interface as expected. However it's not working the other way around. This used to work both ways almost instantaneously before.

You've probably read in the forums and news that two-way gmail sync is now enabled and working, however it takes 2 or more hours for read status to sync to your device. From what I can tell, Yahoo is now behaving the same way. If you let it sit there long enough, eventually it'll sync down to your device, but still very annoying.
    06-01-10 04:19 PM
    Hmmmm....interesting. Sounds like a BIS issue.

Ive added my gmail address to see how that performs.

I hope this is a temporary issue.
    06-01-10 11:30 PM
    Same way for me. Marking read on web not being read on BB.
    Just recent, noticed after the holiday.

I am trying gmail just to see how it works now that some people are having the 2way sync working, but having major issues there.
    06-03-10 11:17 AM
    I am trying gmail just to see how it works now that some people are having the 2way sync working, but having major issues there.
    For me, Gmail syncs but its slow (takes hours) as iceman138 states. Yahoo never syncs.
    06-03-10 02:57 PM
    Have the gmail working, 2way delete and read/unread.
    Yahoo no longer deleting or read/unread status web-to-berry.
    I've been using yahoo seamlessly for quite a while until just recently.
    06-04-10 01:18 PM
    im with telus and im having issues with email.. a LOT of ppl are having problems with email latly.. weird.. its all over the forums.. i just keep checking to see if theres a solution or its just a BIS thing.. hmm
    06-04-10 02:45 PM
    (Sprint/BB8330)
    Same issue with me - Yahoo 2-way sync no longer working (web to bb). I opened up a trouble ticket with RIM and their last response told me they were continuing to look at the problem. NO solution as of yet. Worked fine until ~ 2 weeks ago.
    06-07-10 01:30 PM
    I will try this and post if it succeeded or not.
    06-07-10 06:23 PM
    Same issues here, not sure what the fix is.
    06-07-10 08:02 PM
    Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem yet? I'm experiencing the same problems, my BB is not syncing with my yahoo emails AT ALL. Emails I'm reading on a PC are then having to be opened again on my BB. Very frustrating. have tried everything to solve this but nothing works. This problem only started when I returned from abroad at the weekend. HELP!
    06-09-10 06:01 AM
    I was on the phone to verizon for probably more than an hour this weekend. They sent me to rim for the same amt of time and the guy finally said it was a yahoo prob.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 04:39 PM
    I'm glad some people had the diligence and patience to call this issue in, at least they know it's an issue and it sounds like it's being worked on. Please post back if any of you hear any updates on the support tickets.
    06-10-10 11:47 AM
    I also experienced the issue where messages deleted using the Yahoo Web interface were no longer being deleted from my BB (using BIS). In the last day or so I noticed that it is working again. Maybe the recent BIS upgrade broke something in the connection between BIS and the Yahoo mail servers, that either RIM or Yahoo had to fix. Note that BIS knows specifically about a couple of big e-mail providers such as Yahoo and Google, so they can get instant push performance. With "generic" providers, BIS just polls the specified IMAP or POP3 server occasionally.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 06-11-10 at 02:26 PM.
    06-11-10 02:19 PM
    I'm having the issues with my Yahoo account as well.
    06-11-10 08:51 PM
    Read status is still not working for me, even after 12+ hours. However deleted/moved status is syncing, but it's taking 2+ hours to do it.
    06-12-10 08:34 AM
    I noticed today that Yahoo mail read status is syncing both ways quickly now, like it used to. Can anyone else confirm?
    07-12-10 09:39 AM
    Yes! It seams the read/unread and deletions from online are updating on my Storm within 1-2 minutes.
    07-12-10 01:30 PM
    Yes! It seems the read/unread and deletions from online are updating on my Storm within 1-2 minutes.
    +1 I just noticed the same thing.
    07-17-10 05:32 PM
    I too have Yahoo! e-mail and am still having an issue with my e-mail not syncing properly. If I read it on my Storm, it gets processed properly in the online version, but not the other way around. And sometimes, it takes hours for my e-mail to show up on my Storm. If I read it online, I have to process it separately on my Storm. Kind of makes getting your e-mail on your BB pointless since you have to process it twice.
    07-20-10 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD