Any Storm 2 with this new application yet (Xobni)? Any feedback on it?
    03-17-10 12:56 PM
    Hey,
    I just downloaded it like 10min ago, so I'm still learning. Its pretty awesome and haven't noticed any real slowing down of my BB. Although I haven't quite got the facebook part figured out, and I was under the impression that it had twitter built in, but I have been unsuccessful in finding thus far.
    03-17-10 02:10 PM
    Terrible. It pulls everything and everyone from your Messages folder, so I hope they're all contacts..cause you can't delete them. I'm trying to get a refund. No twitter, for some reason it links some people from Facebook, other contacts it won't. No MMS, SMS, or BBM functionality built in, only emails. It's just a really frustrating purchase. I wouldn't say it's worth $10.
    03-17-10 02:16 PM
    You probably don't know how to work it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 06:18 AM
    Good one. This was back like the day it was posted on the front page. Since then, they've made several improvements, but I still say I was justified getting a refund, as it was incredibly frustrating to use, and I was definitely not the only one that said that. They're customer support was awesome though.
    06-01-10 08:05 AM
    Good one. This was back like the day it was posted on the front page. Since then, they've made several improvements, but I still say I was justified getting a refund, as it was incredibly frustrating to use, and I was definitely not the only one that said that. They're customer support was awesome though.
    Maybe you should have had this caveat in your original post? There have been multiple updates since the initial version, and many of the problems have been resolved. That said the program is still not perfect.

People also need to remember what Xobni is about. Primarily it is about search, not creating an address book. So yes, it pick up all addresses from your e-mails to, from and cc lines, many of which you would not consider a 'contact'. SMS and phone calls are picked up by Xobni as well.

All this data goes into a ranking system, which has been drastically improved since launch. All the contacts via e-mail, SMS and phone are logged, the contacts weighted and out pops a list of contacts sorted by 'importance' -- so most contacted at the top.

Since the number of contacts that Xobni will store will be large (my list is well over 1500 compared to the ~200 in my address book), the real strength is the ability to search. Several times I have been able to pull an e-mail address from Xobni, quickly, that I did not have in my address book.

Also, they have added the ability to hide and to deprioritize contacts manually. This was in response to complaints about mailing list addresses popping up as top contacts. A couple clicks and the address is permanently deprioritized (but no erased).

The Good:
    Great archive of contacts. If you have contacted them, or they have been copied on any e-mail you have been on, you now have the ability to find them. (This for me was why I bought it, works like a charm. And, no need to add everybody to your contacts)
    Integrates seamlessly with e-mail, making it easier to select multiple contacts for an e-mail.
    E-mail, call or SMS straight from Xobni.
    See e-mail networks - who is copied on who's e-mail.
    Clean, fast interface with no impact on my Storm 2 performance.

The Bad:
    Social network integration still a little spotty. Xobni will pick up profile pictures from Social networks -- Facebook and LinkedIn -- but not always. In many cases I have seen this is because I have their work e-mail, not their personal e-mail. Also, to save resources, they prioritize grabbing this information for top contacts, not all them.
    Not all the data is picked up from my BB address book. They are working on this issue now.
    When searching, the window drops down obscuring a portion of the screen. Annoying, but not fatal.
    Looks like it should be able to pick up calendar information for meetings, but does not. Again, not fatal.
    No integration with BBM, Gtalk etc.. These don't bother me, but I mention it because it is important to some.

Overall, with the latest revision, I am happy I have Xobni. It makes keeping track of contacts easier, better. I look forward to them continuing to improve the app over time, particularly the pick up of data from the BB address book.
    06-01-10 11:50 AM
    Does anyone know if these minor issues as reported by wdanker have been resolved to date. I am considering picking up a copy but not if it is still this buggy. I am getting mixed reviews.
    07-21-10 01:18 AM
    Does anyone know if these minor issues as reported by wdanker have been resolved to date. I am considering picking up a copy but not if it is still this buggy. I am getting mixed reviews.
    I am running the latest version and I do not have any complaints. Xobni's ability to capture all of my contacts and make them searchable has already saved me more than once. The major annoyance was it not picking up the BB address book data, but for me that issue is fixed. The other issues still exist, but in my usage I do not notice. Xobni has done a better job of finding additional information from LinkedIn and e-mails as time has passed as well.

What it does well though, it does very very well. I would buy it again.
    07-21-10 06:31 PM
    I'm extremely happy with Xobni - have had the Outlook plugin for years and happily upgraded to their oaks version. The BlackBerry version is slick and runs well. Yes, it doesn't pick up every Facebook and Linkedin profile but I think that also relates to various privacy settings and bandwidth/power settings. If the person is already a FB friend then it matches.

One negative that I have is probably not going to go away - every time you upgrade the OS, Xobni will delete its database and takes about 30 minutes to rebuild. The phone is still usable while this happens but I wish it would use a backup and update that.

Mine maxes out at 6000 contacts after syncing with the server.

Sounds like information overload but I love it. I have 5+ years of emails in Outlook and really appreciate the ability to search so easily. The only feature missing on the mobile version from the desktop is seeing Facebook and Linkedin profiles of new contacts.

Highly recommended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 08:39 PM

One negative that I have is probably not going to go away - every time you upgrade the OS, Xobni will delete its database and takes about 30 minutes to rebuild. The phone is still usable while this happens but I wish it would use a backup and update that.
    They are working on this. There are several comments on their support site that reference the issue. When you think about the benefit of Xobni, rebuilding every OS change is unacceptable. Plus, you would want to port the database from device to device every couple of years. Xobni is great for the frequently contacted, but for me the value resides in searching out the infrequently contacted that I generally would not have taken the time to add to my address book on my own.
    07-22-10 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD