Anyone using XM or Sirius Satelite radio on their Storm2's? How well does everything run and play back?
    05-11-10 11:29 PM
    Works great. Solid reception. Worth the 2 bucks per month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 05:00 AM
    No problems, works great.

05-12-10 06:12 AM
    I have the portable player but if you just want the music its a good app.
    Keep in mind that the sports and news you can't get on it.
    05-12-10 06:53 AM
    I use it as well, there is no Howard, and it is missing some of the non-xm/sirius channels, but it works well. I find that the battery lasts longest using wired headphones, and on the storm 2, bt reception is a bit shaky with my rokr headphones. Only downside is battery life as a result of the data requirements.
    05-12-10 07:58 AM
    Thanks guys, well I am going to be "new" to Satelite Radio.. Plan to get the XM Portable player by Audiovox very soon in fact if the local Best Buy has them in stock it will be REAL SOON!!! Anyhow so how much would I really be looking at to pay for both the Potrable and to have it on the BB?? How much to get started and then per month? I know its gotta be XM.
    05-12-10 08:58 AM
    There is an activation fee for the portable- used to be @$15 but I am not sure what it is now. You should be able to get in under $20 a month for the BB and the player.
    05-12-10 09:16 AM
    I probably would get it but it's not available except in America. Maybe Canada too, I can't remember.

What good is a satellite if you can't use it all over the world
    05-12-10 09:23 AM
    between my car, my work computer, my iPod touch and my bberry i use my XM subscription constantly. well worth it. i find the bberry XM works very well. in a pinch you can use it in the car while you're driving too, just plug it into your stereo.

luckily i can still send and receive email while using it, but i don't care for the way it tells you that you have a phone call when one comes in. oh well, small price to pay.
    05-12-10 09:36 AM
    I've had issues with it running via wifi on both my Storm 2 and an ipod Touch.

Via the cell signal it works great.....use it in the car a lot.
    05-12-10 11:01 AM
    Do you also have to pay the $15/mo fee to the satellite station or is it just $2/mo total for the app?

05-12-10 11:06 AM
    I got it..opie and Anthony! It works great.

05-12-10 11:33 AM
    Do you also have to pay the $15/mo fee to the satellite station or is it just $2/mo total for the app?

Hmm... Great Question- and I am not sure. Usually they charge you @$12 for the first physical radio and @$9 for everyone after that with the web account being an additional $2 add on to one of the other accounts. I would call them and ask them or check their website- look for web account pricing or online listening pricing. They are pretty easy to deal with by phone and their website is pretty good.
    05-12-10 03:33 PM
    Why pay them more per month when you can listen to it for free and have Howard?

h t t p ://forums.crackberry.com/f145/how-configure-orb-siriusstreamer-417025/

jeez...they nickel and dime enough.
    Last edited by BB_SHAWN; 05-12-10 at 05:25 PM.
    05-12-10 05:22 PM
    Love my SXM - listen to it daily on my Storm 2. Some people prefer the more shuffle experience of Pandora but I prefer the radio-like and music discovery experience of SXM.
    05-12-10 05:27 PM
    Why pay them more per month when you can listen to it for free and have Howard?

h t t p ://forums.crackberry.com/f145/how-configure-orb-siriusstreamer-417025/

jeez...they nickel and dime enough.

Thanks for the link and heads up! I'll give this a try first before I actually take the plunge..

Thanks man!
    05-12-10 06:37 PM
    Sweet Jesus I'm going to end up smashing my BB if this app doesn't figure its crap out today.. I have spent the ENTIRE morning reconnecting. I just want to listen to O&A!!
    05-13-10 09:49 AM
    Is there an XM app or do you guys connect via the XMradio website?
    05-13-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD