Has anyone tried the XM Radio application that XM is offering on their website? More specifically has anyone tried it on a Storm? The website does not show the Storm as being supported......So I was curious!
    02-20-09 12:05 AM
    There is another application called Mobiola xPlayer works on Storm.

"Mobiola xPlayer is a multimedia player for all major audio and video formats with Live Radio support. Watch full screen video on your BlackBerry, listen to live music and stay informed about the latest events from live news!"
    02-20-09 05:08 AM

"Mobiola xPlayer is a multimedia player for all major audio and video formats with Live Radio support. "
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but the player you linked to does not appear to handle XM Radio like the OP was requesting.

HarlyFan - search for this thread to get XM on your storm (It includes XM instructions) :

How to Stream Sirius On Your Storm (Instructions Included!)

(Sorry, I haven't posted enough to create links yet)

It works ok streaming through ORB, but everytime I get a new message or phone call, the player stops and I have to start over. The official XMradio app for the blackberry does not contain all the chanels. The ORB/uXM way can get you whatever channel you want to listen to that is available online, such as The Virus - XM202.
    02-20-09 09:46 AM
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but the player you linked to does not appear to handle XM Radio like the OP was requesting.

HarlyFan - search for this thread to get XM on your storm (It includes XM instructions) :

How to Stream Sirius On Your Storm (Instructions Included!)

(Sorry, I haven't posted enough to create links yet)

It works ok streaming through ORB, but everytime I get a new message or phone call, the player stops and I have to start over. The official XMradio app for the blackberry does not contain all the chanels. The ORB/uXM way can get you whatever channel you want to listen to that is available online, such as The Virus - XM202.
    I have heard of this option but I thought the Direct XM app might be better quality then the Orb way with the issues they have...
    02-20-09 10:25 AM
    I have heard of this option but I thought the Direct XM app might be better quality then the Orb way with the issues they have...
    It definitely would. I use the ORB way to get Sirius and it pretty much sucks. It's the best we have, atm, unfortunately. The sound quality is pretty crappy and I often get half second pauses or codec errors that are pretty annoying.

StarPlayr is supposed to be in development for the iphone and the BB which is a direct Sirius streaming app. But that seems to be taking forever and a day for the iphone and who KNOWS how long it'll take for the bb. :/
    02-20-09 06:46 PM
    XM's website has the BB application but it says it does not support the Storm is there any reason that it should not work anyways?
    02-20-09 11:50 PM
    There is another application called Mobiola xPlayer works on Storm.

"Mobiola xPlayer is a multimedia player for all major audio and video formats with Live Radio support. Watch full screen video on your BlackBerry, listen to live music and stay informed about the latest events from live news!"
    I just tried this and it sucked, it kept crashing!
    02-20-09 11:54 PM
    i think the xm app for bb isn't free first of all.

i believe it's a paid subscription separate from ur normal one. u get less channels.

and i think it's only for AT&T

edit: nvm, all carriets
    02-20-09 11:59 PM
    8 bucks for 20 channels? no talk radio etc... lame
    02-21-09 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD