Please help. For some reason all my emails are going to my Messages folder. I'm using Gmail and have it configured for POP3.
    11-24-08 12:53 PM
    They're supposed to go there?
    11-24-08 12:54 PM
    All messages (instant messages, texts, calls, emails, etc.) will all show up in your Messages Folder/Icon.
    11-24-08 12:55 PM
    Before I got the asterisk on my Messages and Email folder. Now it's just on my Messages folder.
    Last edited by crackberries; 11-24-08 at 01:19 PM.
    11-24-08 01:00 PM
    I'm having a similar issue. I get a notification that I received a message but it doesn't show a * by which e-mail it is being received from.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 01:13 PM
    Pull your battery.
    11-24-08 03:56 PM
    Before I got the asterisk on my Messages and Email folder. Now it's just on my Messages folder.
    It only did that with me when I had my Gmail in IMAP setup. Once I switched it back to POP3 everything worked just fine.
    11-24-08 04:00 PM
    It only did that with me when I had my Gmail in IMAP setup. Once I switched it back to POP3 everything worked just fine.
    I had that same problem. I went back to pop3 and it started working again.
    11-24-08 09:23 PM
    that means you combined your e-mail and sms box

if you want to undo it go to:

messages > menu > general options > e-mail and sms inboxes > seperate (or keep it at combined if you like it)

I personally like having all my messages in one folder so I don't have 5 different boxes to keep checking

Take note though, all messages (any type) will go into messages anyway, this just changes whether or not you will be notified in the messages folder
    11-24-08 09:26 PM
    Is there a specific Call history section?? This messages box is mad confusing, and since I like to keep everything seperate, how do I do that?
    11-24-08 09:29 PM
    call history is in the phone section

also to simplify the messages box, you can hide all your sent messages so only incoming messages will be viewable
    11-24-08 09:30 PM
    am I blind??? phone section?
    11-24-08 09:35 PM
    that means you combined your e-mail and sms box

if you want to undo it go to:

messages > menu > general options > e-mail and sms inboxes > seperate (or keep it at combined if you like it)

I personally like having all my messages in one folder so I don't have 5 different boxes to keep checking

Take note though, all messages (any type) will go into messages anyway, this just changes whether or not you will be notified in the messages folder
    I was just typing this....however, your texts and MMS messages will be kept seperate and you will get a seperate icon for it. They will not be in the "messages" folder. However, all of your EMAIL messages will be in there, along with the BB chat. You can seperate out your yahoo, Gmail, etc. into seperate icons, but yes, they will all indeed go into the messages folder.

I like seperating out the texts and emails only b/c I have my work email set up on there so it would be awkward if somehow i accidently sent out an inappropriate text via work email to someone I didnt want to get it...I'm sure I wouldn't be the first.
    11-24-08 09:36 PM
    I'm in the same boat, So I guess we just need to ignore the "Messages" Icon altogether for what we want...

Now where the **** is call history...
    11-24-08 09:40 PM
    I'm in the same boat, So I guess we just need to ignore the "Messages" Icon altogether for what we want...

Now where the **** is call history...
    I have not tried it yet myself but you can hide buttons and folders on the home screen settings.
    11-24-08 09:47 PM
    Well i Can do that, I just can't findcall history... lol
    11-24-08 09:49 PM
    anyone else notice the call history and contacts are hard to get into in phone mode?

for the call log, hit the green send button to bring up the keypad. then on the top is 3 icons, the middle is call log....

BUT.....

it does not stick when you select it, you select it and it goes back to the first button before you click. you have to select and click all in one shot, which is not easy. anyone else notice this bug?

also is there a way to turn off missed calls going to the message folder? actually all calls would be better off not going to my message folder. i like keeping my corp email, call log, and personal pop3 email seperate. is this not possible?

can i atleast keep my corporate email and pop3 email seperate?
    11-24-08 10:11 PM
    So is there anyone to add this call log as an icon... i dont want to have to 2 click to get to my call history... thanks for pointing this out though mike.
    11-24-08 10:13 PM
    So is there anyone to add this call log as an icon... i dont want to have to 2 click to get to my call history... thanks for pointing this out though mike.
    go into applications, click show all and you'll see some icons that are hidden that you might want to 'activate'. usually saved messages, compose and phone (log). if you like having the phone log on the top level and not in the folder, you can just hit the menu and click "move to folder".
    11-24-08 10:21 PM
    go into applications, click show all and you'll see some icons that are hidden that you might want to 'activate'. usually saved messages, compose and phone (log). if you like having the phone log on the top level and not in the folder, you can just hit the menu and click "move to folder".
    Hidden apps... glorious.. thanks bexx!
    11-24-08 10:36 PM
    under my email settings, should message services be under by bb email or my personal email?
    11-24-08 10:56 PM

also is there a way to turn off missed calls going to the message folder? actually all calls would be better off not going to my message folder. i like keeping my corp email, call log, and personal pop3 email seperate. is this not possible?

can i atleast keep my corporate email and pop3 email seperate?
    pull up the dialer and go to options-->call logging --> select none . . no more calls in the message folder
    11-24-08 11:09 PM
    Pull your battery.
    Kablam. Worked for me. All e-mail's now show up in their corresponding folder properly after a battery pull, same with SMS and MMS. This was driving me nuts!
    11-24-08 11:26 PM
    If you want the call log to pop up when you hit the green button do this:

green button (so phone pops up)--> BB menu button --> options --> general options --> initial view. Change it to what you want.
    11-24-08 11:54 PM
    pull up the dialer and go to options-->call logging --> select none . . no more calls in the message folder
    will this turn off all call logging? or just take it out of the message folder. if its the options in the dialer, i would assume it would mean all call logging?
    11-24-08 11:59 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD