Well I've been having problems with my phone like most people, anyway I rebooted my phone to find a new email icon up instead of the old one.

If you would like to see what I mean, add me on BBM, and I will show you a pic. My pin is 305E195B.
    06-23-10 01:47 AM
    My phone did the same thing. After my morning quickpull sesh I saw that my email icon now had a tiny beige envelope with like a little swoosh at the bottom of the email icon. My friend has a storm 2 and uses aol as his email provider and his email icon is similar to what mine lloks like now but I think his is blue. I just figured that hotmail, my provider finally got a special icon for its blackberry users. Anyone else havera change?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 10:29 AM
    Are you running a theme? Some themes will change the e-mail icons.
    06-23-10 10:33 AM
    That actually happened to me a few weeks ago. I had done a battery pull and noticed when the phone re-booted that my AOL email icons had changed (they had a blue triangle with the AOL logo inside), and I noticed this morning that my MSN email icon now has an orange envelope at the bottom of the BB envelope icon. The one thing I have noticed is that the change doesn't seem to stick...the new icons only appear sometimes after battery pulls/re-boots...go figure...
    06-23-10 10:37 AM
    My phone did the same thing. After my morning quickpull sesh I saw that my email icon now had a tiny beige envelope with like a little swoosh at the bottom of the email icon. My friend has a storm 2 and uses aol as his email provider and his email icon is similar to what mine lloks like now but I think his is blue. I just figured that hotmail, my provider finally got a special icon for its blackberry users. Anyone else havera change?

I got the same thing after my Reboot.... my Hotmail account has an Orange mini envelope w/ a lil shoosh.... any ideas as yet?
    06-23-10 02:23 PM
    ^^^^ same here. Just noticed it few min ago. No clue. But looks better the what was there originally.

06-23-10 04:52 PM
    Yep. Hotmail. Orange swoosh on envelope. When new email comes in, standard red asterisk in corner. If all of my email envelopes had different colors of the same icon, it would look better. Looks kinda weird and I can't figure out how to get rid of it; I'm going to poke around in my email set-up and see if there's anything there. I'm not running any themes. And my browser is so darn slow! When are they going to fix this!!!
    06-23-10 05:42 PM
    Yeah I just got this on my 9630 tour as well today. I also have hotmail.
    06-23-10 07:20 PM
    I got the same thing with msn so yea pretty much hotmail. But did anyone else find it in there picture folder too. In mine the image is labled 1-73-70

06-23-10 09:16 PM
    I got it this morning and then when I rebooted a little while ago it went away...lol!
    06-23-10 11:39 PM
    Yep mines gone now to. Sure was fun while it lasted tho. No orange envelope for you!!!

06-24-10 06:29 AM
    I got the same. Also got a pic of the orange envelope in my pics. Weird that they are still pushing stupid **** but no official os updates. I thought rim forgot about the storm.

06-24-10 07:47 AM
    Lol mine is gone now. They should really inform us of they are going to add stupid things like different icons.

06-24-10 08:27 AM
    Go to email settings, then press the bb button (menu) then press send service books. This should give you the email icons
    06-29-10 10:41 AM
    Same thing happened to me today!! Oh well...nice to know I'm not alone. I too have hotmail and have the orange lil' envelope with the swoosh on the bottom left hand corner...

@donnamatt: I did another couple of battery pulls but to no avail...

@SlipperyNutt and Taltos2112: I guess I'm in good company. We're not crazy!!
    It would be nice to be alerted to this beforehand so we don't waste time/energy thinking about this sort of thing...

Could someone help me figure out how to translate phrases on the Berry?? There's a way I saw explained on the phone once and I never came across that again....I looked and looked and nothing. It had to do with entering the phrase to be translated in between quotation marks and then doing some other step...(I'm talking about language translations). Any help would be appreciated...Peace,

FEDERICONGO
    07-05-10 08:42 PM
    The email icons at least for hotmail and windows acounts the icons are being changed by rim. And windows most lilkey preping for os6. But yet gmail users get no love

07-05-10 10:07 PM
    sumtimes mine will show up,,sumtimes it will change back to normal
    07-05-10 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD