Ok, Battery is dying way too fast. Charged battery all night and eventhough the charging icon never disappeared, in status is said 100%. Didn't make one call allday from 630am to 500pm and I look at my phone and it has lost two bars on the charge. Something is killing me help. My apps are:

Capture it
    Slacker
    Weatherbug
    XBerry live
    Quickpull

What's killing the battery?
    02-08-09 05:25 PM
    Press the BlackBerry button and hold it until you see the small window pop up. There should be no more than 6 apps open. If others are open (likely) go to them and CLOSE them using the BlackBerry button and CLOSE feature.
    02-08-09 05:48 PM
    Try switching your GPS to E911 and do the same test as described. I have found increased battery life doing this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 05:49 PM
    Just note that if you turn your GPS to E911, your Weatherbug will not work as it does with GPS fully on. I'm not sure how/if it works with the device in E911 mode, but I do know it will not get updates like it does with the GPS on.

That said, turning it to E911 will, indeed, increase battery life. By how much, I do not know. But it's certainly something to consider.
    02-08-09 05:52 PM
    Are those all the apps you have? I know my battery was draining fast with VYMail because I had the sync set to 1 min. I just changed the sync to 180 min and now its back to normal. Not saying you have VYMail but maybe one of you apps is causing this. I would test it out by using each of the apps separately to find the one.
    02-08-09 05:59 PM
    I use weather bug with my gps turned off, you just need to select a single location and manual change it to where ever you go
    02-08-09 06:00 PM
    As mclarryjr said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 06:18 PM
    I use weather bug with my gps turned off, you just need to select a single location and manual change it to where ever you go
    How much battery life have you been saving that way? I haven't bothered testing yet but I'm considering making that switch.
    02-08-09 06:28 PM
    You need to charge your battery until the lightning bolt goes away. It may say 100 percent but as long as the lightning bolt is there, it is NOT fully charged. Have you conditioned your battery yet? (2-3 15 hour charges). That will help.
    02-08-09 06:38 PM
    i was getting terrible battery life, 6 hrs max on a charge with very limited use. deleted weatherbug, now charge lasts days with use,
    02-08-09 06:38 PM
    Okay, thanks CB Fam (Crackberry Family), I will change my GPS setting. However, this just started happening and I have had Weatherbug for awhile.

UPDATE: Went to set it to E911, and it was already set to that.
    Last edited by Harlemknight; 02-08-09 at 06:49 PM.
    02-08-09 06:44 PM
    i was getting terrible battery life, 6 hrs max on a charge with very limited use. deleted weatherbug, now charge lasts days with use,
    +1 on that...I tried using WB with GPS turned off...didn't make a huge difference, now I have my GPS on, but with no weatherbug (other apps are all the same) and my battery life is 2-3 times as long...Weatherbug is a battery, and memory *****!!!
    02-08-09 07:05 PM
    +1 on that...I tried using WB with GPS turned off...didn't make a huge difference, now I have my GPS on, but with no weatherbug (other apps are all the same) and my battery life is 2-3 times as long...Weatherbug is a battery, and memory *****!!!
    The only strange thing is that I have had weatherbug since November, and it wasn't doing it before. When I would charge my battery it would eventually go to 100% and the little charging bolt would disappear. Now I can charge it all night and the bolt is still on there in the morning. And the battery doens't last.
    02-08-09 07:17 PM
    The only strange thing is that I have had weatherbug since November, and it wasn't doing it before. When I would charge my battery it would eventually go to 100% and the little charging bolt would disappear. Now I can charge it all night and the bolt is still on there in the morning. And the battery doens't last.
    Well then it's gremlins! :P I dunno...I know when I deleted weatherbug my battery life was GREAT, compared to what it was before.
    02-08-09 09:28 PM
    How often do you have WeatherBug set to update?
    02-08-09 09:39 PM
    what is your backlight set @ ?
    02-08-09 09:42 PM
    you might just have a bum battery if its been fine since november and these changes have just occured and you havent really added or changed any settings...
    02-08-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD