I am a manager at GameStop and a guy came in today with a Storm. I asked him how he liked it, he replied how much he disliked it, and I told him about the leaked Beta's and how they may make him happier with his product. I also made sure he upgraded to .75 since he had it and he wasn't sure.

He said he just hooked it up to the DM and it automatically updated his OS. So I asked if I could see his phone to check and he handed it to me... I went into his options then to About and I was confused. He had version v4.7.0.90. He said he was on Verizon and was very sure about the DM being the only thing he has used to update and that the update was automatic and not something he did himself.

So I say to this... WTF?
    05-20-09 10:09 PM
    Did he get it used?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:12 PM
    yeah that would be the only thing i would guess...
    05-20-09 10:13 PM
    They sold him one of the Demo phones on the show floor possibly. lol
    05-20-09 10:13 PM
    Probably a refurb that never went through the reload process. They usually just do the 10 password fail wipe then redistribute it if there's nothing physically wrong with it.
    05-20-09 10:16 PM
    Gotcha, he said he has had it since release which puzzled me, maybe someone from the forums snuck into his house and updated it for him? Crackninja's perhaps? Or maybe it was a display one... I dunno but apparently he still hates it, after playing with mine for a minute he asked for the website and general directions... I have a bad feeling i'll be getting a call from a angry man with a bricked Storm soon. :]
    Last edited by .MgB.; 05-20-09 at 10:21 PM.
    05-20-09 10:19 PM
    Gotcha, he said he has had it since release which puzzled me, maybe someone from the forums snuck into his house and updated it for him? Crackninja's perhaps? Or maybe it was a display one... I dunno but apparently he still hates it, after playing with mine for a minute he asked for the website and geenral directions... I have a bad feeling i'll be getting a call from a angry man with a bricked Storm soon. :]
    Shoulda just told him to go to crackberry and figure it out
    05-20-09 10:20 PM
    Shoulda just told him to go to crackberry and figure it out
    Oh I did, now let's hope he figures out how to do it! ha
    05-20-09 10:22 PM
    Probably a refurb that never went through the reload process. They usually just do the 10 password fail wipe then redistribute it if there's nothing physically wrong with it.
    Uhhhh I think the refurb process is SLIGHTLY more extensive than that.....
    05-20-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD