Hello everyone. I thought I would give Wrath some love for the next day or two. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what could be added, changed or fixed. Here is what I have so far:

- added a volume slider for specifically for the music. Now you can adjust sound effects and music independantly.
    - going to pretty up the interface some.
    - allow for save/resume
    - wondering if there should be levels of difficulty. For good players it can be a pain getting through the initial levels.
    - add shoot-able asteroids

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
    10-07-09 08:34 AM
    huh. never actually heard of it until now
    10-07-09 08:47 AM
    I think it would be better if you made the touch more sensitive... like the Ship followed your finger quicker so if you wanted to move to one side of the screen quicker it would move exactly with your finger... the delay kills me!

Also maybe what if you made the ship shoot a little faster... its kind of hard when theres such a huge gap in lasers in the higher levels.

And last suggestion, harping on the save/resume do you think theres anyway like lets say i made it to level 10 and died that i could just restart from 10 like on a normal video game... I bugs me that i have to waste time going all the way back up from 1.

Just my 2 cents....
    Last edited by CornettBR; 10-07-09 at 09:04 AM. Reason: my 2 cents
    10-07-09 09:04 AM
    I think it would be better if you made the touch more sensitive... like the Ship followed your finger quicker so if you wanted to move to one side of the screen quicker it would move exactly with your finger... the delay kills me!

Also maybe what if you made the ship shoot a little faster... its kind of hard when theres such a huge gap in lasers in the higher levels.

And last suggestion, harping on the save/resume do you think theres anyway like lets say i made it to level 10 and died that i could just restart from 10 like on a normal video game... I bugs me that i have to waste time going all the way back up from 1.

Just my 2 cents....
    Good points. I can make the ship move faster and see how it plays.

I agree that its a drag to play the first 10 levels if you're an good player. The problem is the score. If I allow you to restart the game from level 10, what score do you start with?
    10-07-09 09:28 AM
    Im fine with zero or even whats the minimum score you could possibly have to get to level 10.... Obviously there would have to be some kind of penalty... You should come up with some Minimum Score for each level That way even if I aced a level and died when I restarted i could go back to that level but there would be some sort of price id have to pay to go back up that high without playing through again.
    10-07-09 09:34 AM
    Like lets take the amount of enemies you can hit on each level...
    Level 1 theres 20 i believe all worth like 50 points, you give them 50% of all the points for each level. Even 25% of the points per level. Id be fine with that as long as i didn't have to go all the way back because obviously even if you tried to avoid shooting some enemies you would accidentally hit them in the process.. Maybe you could raise up a poll or something on the point amount. But i wouldnt go more then half. It would pretty much be cheating to get the highest score lol.
    10-07-09 09:39 AM
    can you make the ship fire from the back too?

WOOT WOOT, no one beat my high score yet.
    10-07-09 09:43 AM
    Again good ideas and I think something like that could work but it still forces you to play the first 10 levels when you start a new game. It would be nice if people could skip them if they already unlocked them or something like that.
    10-07-09 09:48 AM
    can you make the ship fire from the back too?

WOOT WOOT, no one beat my high score yet.
    Your Wrath Fu is stong... Ok I will cook up another firing mode.
    10-07-09 09:50 AM
    I would love a easy medium and hard selection. Im one of those that lets my 2 boys play (they love Wrath by the way) but my soon to be 4 year old would love a easy mode

I think ship upgrades would be cool like after so many levels the armor of the ship improves or flys faster, something like that.

Unlocking of levels would be cool too.
    10-07-09 09:56 AM
    Oh one more Idea that I just thought about... What if... Now hear me out... What if you made it so that you could earn ship upgrades. Like spend some points that you earn to buy a ship with more lasers. EXAMPLE: Like upgrade 1 a ship with automatically two lasers then when you get the double laser upgrade it shoots four... get where im going with this?

I could help ya come up with some good ones if your interested, if you could... implement something like that.
    10-07-09 09:56 AM
    Upgrades and stuff is going to be to much work but it makes me wonder if there is a market for a game similar to Wrath but faster and other stuff like upgrades you're suggesting.

For now I think I have my list of stuff I am going to add:

- add separate volume control for music
    - add a new firing mode that shoot backwards
    - support save/resume
    - some kind of method of skipping the first few levels or have different levels of difficulty
    - update the menu graphics
    10-08-09 08:48 AM
    Upgrades and stuff is going to be to much work but it makes me wonder if there is a market for a game similar to Wrath but faster and other stuff like upgrades you're suggesting.

For now I think I have my list of stuff I am going to add:

- add separate volume control for music
    - add a new firing mode that shoot backwards
    - support save/resume
    - some kind of method of skipping the first few levels or have different levels of difficulty
    - update the menu graphics
    Something like this would be cool if possible.

10-08-09 10:42 AM
    Yeah something really fast paced like that. Looks like the old Tempest game from the coin op days.
    10-08-09 11:48 AM
    Hows the update coming along LoneDwarf?
    10-09-09 08:52 PM
    The save game is done and that was the biggest part. Should be done for Tuesday.
    10-11-09 09:08 AM
    I am pumped
    10-11-09 01:58 PM
    Thanks for updating one of my favourite games! My biggest complaint is having to start at level one every time. I like the idea of unlocking levels (or stages?) or being able to start at a certain level. I understand that might cause complications with the score, but the argument could be made that the score should be for a full game only.
    10-11-09 02:58 PM
    do you have any ideas for any other games?
    10-11-09 05:12 PM
    Today might be the big day!!!
    10-13-09 07:26 AM
    I am still working on it. I used to be able to work 10-12hr days but since my neck injury it seems I can't put in the same time.

The save game is working perfect and that was the biggest change. I might hold releasing it for a day or so to change all the BlackBerry buttons to custom art. It doesn't effect the game but it looks more polished.

I am not going to say much about my next games other than the next one will be small since I have lost 2 months being off and the one after that is going to be my biggest.

Oh, as I mentioned in another post I have a MMORPG that was getting close to be done for the PC but is now be ported to the Storm exclusively.
    10-13-09 09:17 AM
    I am still working on it. I used to be able to work 10-12hr days but since my neck injury it seems I can't put in the same time.

The save game is working perfect and that was the biggest change. I might hold releasing it for a day or so to change all the BlackBerry buttons to custom art. It doesn't effect the game but it looks more polished.

I am not going to say much about my next games other than the next one will be small since I have lost 2 months being off and the one after that is going to be my biggest.

Oh, as I mentioned in another post I have a MMORPG that was getting close to be done for the PC but is now be ported to the Storm exclusively.
    ahah sounds sickkkkk. cant wait for it
    10-13-09 09:29 AM
    Almost done... Just need to do the different levels of difficulty. It will be kind of like levels of difficulty but not exactly. There will 2-3 alternate starting points that will allow you to start at say Wave 5, and Wave 9. You will need to unlock them by getting to something like Wave 15 and Wave 25. Also as discussed you will start out with a less than perfect score for the Wave.

Here is what is done:
    - save/resume. You can do a reboot and still resume.
    - fixed bug where the sound continues after switching applications and putting Wrath in the background.
    - slider to adjust music volume independent of other sounds.
    - increased the ship speed by about 25%.
    - added a firing mode that shoots to forward and 2 back. Actually at higher levels the dual fire pickup is replaced by this new mode.
    - at very high waves your default shooting will be dual mode.
    - all the buttons have custom art instead of default Blackberry buttons.

That will be it. Shooting for tomorrow sometime. Sorry for the delay.
    10-13-09 04:15 PM
    Almost done... Just need to do the different levels of difficulty. It will be kind of like levels of difficulty but not exactly. There will 2-3 alternate starting points that will allow you to start at say Wave 5, and Wave 9. You will need to unlock them by getting to something like Wave 15 and Wave 25. Also as discussed you will start out with a less than perfect score for the Wave.

Here is what is done:
    - save/resume. You can do a reboot and still resume.
    - fixed bug where the sound continues after switching applications and putting Wrath in the background.
    - slider to adjust music volume independent of other sounds.
    - increased the ship speed by about 25%.
    - added a firing mode that shoots to forward and 2 back. Actually at higher levels the dual fire pickup is replaced by this new mode.
    - at very high waves your default shooting will be dual mode.
    - all the buttons have custom art instead of default Blackberry buttons.

That will be it. Shooting for tomorrow sometime. Sorry for the delay.
    sounds great. im sure everyone is gonna love the new additions. great work!
    10-13-09 05:45 PM
    Hey last question... Did you adjust the touch sensitivity at all so the ship can move with your finger? it would help ALOT specially in the higher levels.
    10-14-09 07:29 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD