Seems like 9 out of 10 topics are from folks whose Storms have crapped on them; most topics with little or no response. Poor old Storm 1. Seems like everyone has moved on, or is about to move on. I still have mine, and still pray every day it lasts just a couple of months longer until I get a new every 2 upgrade.

Question is - what to get next? I'm on Verizon and am happy with their service and coverage, but travel out of the country so will need a dual-band phone. And I need tethering, and I do like the full-screen option. And... although I could live without it, I do like the Blackberry Messenger service. It's great when you're out of the country as it doesn't cost any more than your extended data service.

So, what next?
    06-07-10 09:59 PM
    storm2 is a major improvement over storm1. the touchscreen technology and the phone itself (including software is tenfold better). And with the current pricing, you can't go wrong. Give it a try... from what i understand OS6 will also be back-ported onto the Storm2 when released so you should have the newest and the greatest. Or just wait for the Storm3
    06-07-10 11:11 PM
    and yes, i own a storm2 and also had a storm1 (under a 1yr contract). you wont be dissapointed.
    06-07-10 11:12 PM
    get a storm 2 off ebay or craigs list and use ur new every two for storm 3 . id say ur best bet imho.
    06-07-10 11:36 PM
    Every 2 upgrade comes on Nov with my contract expiratio, I hope to get a good deal such the $99 after 50 in rebate when I got my s1 two years ago. I can't wait to get an android .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 02:46 AM
    I am on my second storm, the first one got wet. I have had no problems than the usual annoying things like screen dimming, but I never even noticed it till someone mentioned it on here. IMO I think alot of Storm issues are user error or people who dont understand the difference between the purpose of a BB and "toy phones" like the I-phone (dont flame - i phones are nice.). I am up for new every two now but keep hoping to get some word on Storm 3.
    06-08-10 07:35 AM
    Seems like 9 out of 10 topics are from folks whose Storms have crapped on them; most topics with little or no response. Poor old Storm 1.
    Make that 8 out of 10. There seems to be an, ahem, upswing in the number of trolls who don't see the rants and raves forum, or for some reason can't figure out what those words mean.

Furthermore, if trolling like a d-bag (not going to name names) weren't so popular around here, maybe people with helpful things to say would have stuck around.
    06-08-10 08:15 AM
    I'm going to wait for the official release of OS6. Maybe then we'll know for sure which devices will support it and which will not. I know the Storm 1 will not. The more pictures I see of the Slide phone the more I'm liking it.
    06-08-10 08:48 AM
    You've waited this long. Hold out for the Storm 3. I know it's hard, especially since there's next to no information about it, but you know it's coming.

I'm still rockin' and love my storm 1. But I'm excited about the storm 3. No sense in getting the storm 2. at this point, it's last year's technology.
    06-08-10 09:08 AM
    You've waited this long. Hold out for the Storm 3. I know it's hard, especially since there's next to no information about it, but you know it's coming.

I'm still rockin' and love my storm 1. But I'm excited about the storm 3. No sense in getting the storm 2. at this point, it's last year's technology.
    That is exactly what I'm doing as well.
    06-08-10 10:21 AM
    That is exactly what I'm doing as well.
    Me too, but it would be nice to get some info or leaks about the Strom 3
    06-08-10 11:03 AM
    I still question if there really is a Storm 3 or ever will be. Lots of talk about a so called Storm 3 but that's all, just talk.
    06-08-10 11:05 AM
    True , but i'll keep rocking the Storm 1 until we know.
    06-08-10 11:26 AM
    When the Storm 2 came out I was sure that would be my next phone, but now I've realized that I'm pretty much done with BlackBerrys. I love my storm and think it's a great device. But ever since I bought my wife the Droid Eris w/ Android 1.6. I realized the BB Storm is very lacking. In some things it is much better, like notification and the SureType. The all in one message app rocks.

But that is all the Droid seems to do everything else better and continues to get better in a short period of time. The BB moves too slow. RIM seems to have lost it's focus and does not really know where to take itself.
    06-08-10 12:57 PM
    Don't waste your NE2 on the Storm 2. I'm in agreeance with others - pick one up on eBay if you must. It will cost you more but you won't be locked into a new 2 year contract.

The Storm 2 is 9 months old now. That's ancient in cellphone time. Do you really want to lock yourself into a phone that will be about 3 years old by the time you're looking to upgrade again?

I don't know what you'd wait for if you're want to stick with BBM. Outside of the slider RIM isn't really releasing info on any new devices, and the slider isn't terribly compelling. And, while the Storm could compete decently with devices upon launch, it feels so terribly dated by now, and sadly all the current RIM devices operate almost identically (the internet is miserable to use on these things.)

I'm thinking there has to be a killer device on the horizon for the holidays, though, one that will show off whether OS6 is truly competitive with iOS and Android.
    06-19-10 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD