Although this may be premature!

03:47PM Monday Feb 23 2009 by Karl Bode

Apple actually approached Verizon with exclusive distribution rights to the iPhone first, though Verizon balked at the money Apple was asking for. AT&T was less shy, cutting a deal with Apple that was recently reworked to give AT&T iPhone exclusivity until 2010, though AT&T pays Apple about $300-$450 for each HSDPA-enabled iPhone sold. There were rumblings of a CDMA/EVDO-ready iPhone last fall, but ITExaminer is reheating the rumor by saying that anonymous sources at Apple will be announcing iPhone compatibility with Verizon Wireless "soon."

Verizon Getting iPhone 'Soon' - Though AT&T has exclusive contract until 2010 - dslreports.com
    02-23-09 07:29 PM
    Interesting...
    02-23-09 07:34 PM
    This has been a rumor since around august/september....mainly around iPhone and apple websites.

Still interesting though.
    02-23-09 07:42 PM
    So what? If I wanted an iphone, I would have bought one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-23-09 07:50 PM
    Old news....
    02-23-09 07:52 PM
    Ugh, this is annoying...
    I'm convincing myself not to obsess over it because I'm betting that a good VZW iphone won't be out until I can get a new phone... then I can decide if I want a BB or a iphone.
    And I'm betting that BB & iphone will try and fight each other to the death
    02-23-09 08:09 PM
    I will never get anything other than a BlackBerry. I don't give two shats for the iphone.
    02-23-09 08:12 PM
    iphone on vzw network ftw
    02-23-09 08:14 PM

these comments aare getting so old.

go buy and iphone, or you should have bought an iphone, or i would have bought an iphone are the most annoying comments here.

many people are stuck with verizon for some reason or another, or have choosen verizon because at&t sucks. so these people need to buy a verizon phone.

so i propose this.... if you ever find yourself wanting to say "go buy an iphone", first think, "can i make an iphone work on verizons network for this person?" if the answer is no, shut your fraking mouth.
    02-23-09 08:19 PM
    As already mentioned this is old news. The facts are AT&T not only pays Apple a lot for each phone, but they also share revenue on the calling/data plans. VZW wisely turned them down because it sets a terrible precedence. Apple should be like any other phone vendor and make their money on the sale of the phone. Although AT&T subscribers have increased since the introduction of the iPHONE, their profit has not. I guess it was a business decision that although they will lose money, they'd gain in the long run with customers moving their accounts. However, truth be known, VZW has been keeping up on new subscribers, and exceeding in profit. So, where has the new customers come from? Look at Sprint's quarterly earning!!
    02-23-09 08:25 PM
    02-23-09 10:00 PM

But yes, this is ancient news.
    Last edited by jeepguy_1980; 02-23-09 at 10:26 PM.
    02-23-09 10:20 PM
    For those who can't stand their Storms, stop suffering. Just choose the phone you want and sign up with AT&T. Their network can only be so bad, right?

Oops, I am sorry... on the second thought, it is bad.

I got a better idea, just move to some place where you won't have any problems and stop wasting our time on these Crackberry forums with your "AT&T's poor and inferior network" excuses.

Aren't there any websites for you iPhone fanboys? Go and try to mingle with them and pretend that you have an iPhone. They might let you in. Then your restless journey to the iPhone land will stop and you will feel right at home, but make sure that you continue to pretend that you have the iPhone otherwise you might get kicked out of there. I don't want that to happen because I don't intend on wasting my time reading your complaints even by mistake

The last time I checked this website was for us Blackberry fanboys.
    Last edited by nabitheking; 02-23-09 at 11:11 PM.
    02-23-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD