as im fumbling around on my replacement blackberry storm, it crashed. just said device error and a number too quickly i couldnt read it and then it reset...great. i will get as many new phones in my 30 days as they send me...can't wait to tell verizon this one crashed, TOO.
    12-11-08 05:00 PM
    Mine just did that too, while I was typing on the AIM application - I hit the ?!123 key to get into the punctuation symbols, but I did it immediately after finishing up a word and the Storm had the little menu popped up (I was using SureType) that lets you choose which combination of letters you want. The blue glow stuck on the ?!123 key for a few seconds even after I removed my finger and then it flashed the device error with the small number that I couldn't read. I probably freaked it out by trying to feed it too many inputs at once (it was trying to select a word in the SureType offerings automatically when the menu came up and also trying to select the !?123 key because I had selected that key)...
    12-11-08 10:35 PM
    What version are you guys running? Have you updated to the latest software?
    12-11-08 10:36 PM
    as im fumbling around on my replacement blackberry storm, it crashed. just said device error and a number too quickly i couldnt read it and then it reset...great. i will get as many new phones in my 30 days as they send me...can't wait to tell verizon this one crashed, TOO.
    why don't you try wiping the device and installing the OS fresh..

if you have good hardware and can get good software on your phone there is no sense in returning it you should get used to doing maintenance on a smartphone anyway ... these things are like pc's
    12-11-08 10:42 PM
    I'm running .75, just wiped over the weekend. This is actually only the first or second time I've gotten on the AIM app since the wipe and reinstall. It's also the first occurrence of this crash, so I'm not too concerned yet.
    12-11-08 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD