I bought the storm specifically because I wanted the full html browser without buying the iphone from another network in Canada.

I now realize I made a massive error in judgment. This phone's browser has set me back at least 3 years. Not only is it super mega slow, it is by far, worse than any other browser on a cell phone I have ever owned in the last 8 years.

I have no problems with the idea of clicking the screen, it is just too bad the screen is barely responsive 80% of the time. I attribute most of this to memory problems and not network speed.

I have now installed the unofficial OS update release verson 86.

OS 4.7.0.86 Leaked for the BlackBerry Storm 9530! | CrackBerry.com

There was some improvement but not much. The sites on the internet that I need to access the most don't work on the phone. They have worked on every previous lame *** cell phone I ever used.

Bottom line:

The storm has potential but how long is it going to take to get a real browser that works.

I am soooo ready to change to the iphone ASAP.

RIM - get the updates done and hurry up or I will defect within a few days.
    Last edited by bspoker09; 01-16-09 at 02:56 PM.
    01-16-09 02:53 PM
    I wonder if everyone with good experiences with the storm should start a thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 02:55 PM
    evil homer is the best , he is quite the character on phonescoop as well.
    Hey Godfather. Sup? :-)
    01-16-09 02:55 PM
    I wonder if everyone with good experiences with the storm should start a thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Try the search button.
    01-16-09 02:57 PM
    I bought the storm specifically because I wanted the full html browser without buying the iphone from another network in Canada.

I now realize I made a massive error in judgment. This phone's browser has set me back at least 3 years. Not only is it super mega slow, it is by far, worse than any other browser on a cell phone I have ever owned in the last 8 years.

I have no problems with the idea of clicking the screen, it is just too bad the screen is barely responsive 80% of the time. I attribute most of this to memory problems and not network speed.

I have now installed the unofficial OS update release verson 86.

OS 4.7.0.86 Leaked for the BlackBerry Storm 9530! | CrackBerry.com

There was some improvement but not much. The sites on the internet that I need to access the most don't work on the phone. They have worked on every previous lame *** cell phone I ever used.

Bottom line:

The storm has potential but how long is it going to take to get a real browser that works.

I am soooo ready to change to the iphone ASAP.

RIM - get the updates done and hurry up or I will defect within a few days.
    I thought that leaked ROM was a VZW only version? Could that be part of the issue if you are on Telus? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm not familiar with Telus.
    01-16-09 02:59 PM
    A friend told me about this beta release and said it worked fine and sped things up a little. I noticed some improvements. If anything stops working I will just reset to the original.

No Big Deal

The whole idea of doing all of this is kinda stupid though.
    01-16-09 03:06 PM
    I noticed a big improvement with .86 on mine, but if web browsing is one of your priorities then you won't do better right now than the iPhone. You can give the BB the blue ribbon on email handling but the gold definitely belongs the iPhone for web browsing.
    01-16-09 03:14 PM
    Hmmmmmm... I'm a Republican and I know the difference between "Torx" and "torque". The Torx screws have nothing to do with torque.

I'll bet you're going to attend the 'immaculation'....or at least drool while watching it from the floor in front of a rented TV.
    Last edited by Lightninrod; 01-16-09 at 03:24 PM.
    01-16-09 03:21 PM
    Hmmmmmm... I'm a Republican and I know the difference between "Torx" and "torque". The Torx screws have nothing to do with torque.

I'll bet you're going to attend the 'imacculration'....or at least drool while watching it from the floor in front of a rented TV.
    Yep, your a Republican alright... Sounded like you were trying to make a racially slandered joke there with that last sentence. I hope not. Hating on phones is one thing. Hating on races is another.

I guess you win the day though since you knew the correct spelling of Torx screws. What an amazing point you made. Kudos to you.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 01-16-09 at 03:30 PM.
    01-16-09 03:26 PM
    So I guess it's safe to say that the "certified like new" is actually a bad thing.

Perhaps they need to come up with a "not sure this is any better but give it a try"

this phone is so damnn entertaining.

Best ticket in town is right here.
    01-16-09 04:34 PM
    Wow, just WOW! Did I accidentally step into the iPhone forum?
    01-16-09 05:00 PM
    I noticed a big improvement with .86 on mine, but if web browsing is one of your priorities then you won't do better right now than the iPhone. You can give the BB the blue ribbon on email handling but the gold definitely belongs the iPhone for web browsing.
    Outstanding email capabilities + new, hot phone on the market + VZW network = why I chose the Storm.

It has been amazing
    01-16-09 06:06 PM
    a storms coming?
    01-17-09 10:33 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD