Within typing that thread title, before typing think again, it dropped to 123.8KB free application memory.

Only thing that are installed are one or two themes and they are not running/selected. Hahahaha, didn't know that a couple of themes are worse than TalkLock
    02-13-09 05:33 PM
    themes are memory killers, i posted about it in the theme forum.

once you unload the theme, it continues to suck memory. you need to batt pull and then memory suck will stop.

you can leave them installed. only if you load it, it will suck memory till the battery is pulled, even after you unload it.
    02-13-09 05:45 PM
    oh PS. bad news, if your mem is that low, it probably deleted your old emails and calendar entires and maybe other things.
    02-13-09 05:46 PM
    If u did any OS updates i would suggest you do ca CLEAN update.

I was having that issue with .90
    And then i did a clean install of .99 and things were a lot better!
    02-13-09 06:05 PM
    Damn, no themes are worth that kinda leakage... That leak is worse than a middle of the Atlantic at 2:00am, April 15th 1912 leak....
    02-13-09 08:21 PM
    I saw 0.0KB once. I assumed it was a fluke of the software (was running .99) and wasn't too sluggish (although I did a battery pull). Never saw it that low again.
    02-13-09 09:39 PM
    batt pull cleared it.

and for the first time I have installed some third party apps on the device, since mem usage sucks now anyways ;-)

But guess what... the slowness even wasn't that bad when so little memory was available.

No entries were deleted that I can see atm.

You know... I think memory should be used, not being left empty, but this.... hahahahah. Oh well, lets see what plazmic 4.7 delivers after beta. And the next offical os...

I might actually start doing something with the themes. As far as I have seen in the parts of code I have looked over it really isn't that bad. At least basics aren't. Of course, the head scratchers are in photoshop and probably composer where the coding gets done, but for most "adaptations" etc it looks easy enough. Writing new code such as a ring from ec.. that's something else....
    02-15-09 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD