could be customized? When I use BBM, I often need to type a question mark--that's a pain because I have to switch to the number keyboard. I'd like it (question mark) to take the place of the period, since I can double space to get a period, and when I type numbers, THAT'S when I'd like a DECIMAL key.

Where is the suggestion box for RIM?
    06-24-10 02:55 PM
    You do know you don't have to switch to the numbers keyboard right? It can be done by just holding that key and hitting the number/symbol you want at the same time and keep it moving from there.
    06-24-10 03:00 PM
    You do know you don't have to switch to the numbers keyboard right? It can be done by just holding that key and hitting the number/symbol you want at the same time and keep it moving from there.
    ah, u mean simultaneously hit "B" and "!?123" ?
    06-24-10 03:12 PM
    could be customized? When I use BBM, I often need to type a question mark--that's a pain because I have to switch to the number keyboard. I'd like it (question mark) to take the place of the period, since I can double space to get a period, and when I type numbers, THAT'S when I'd like a DECIMAL key.

Where is the suggestion box for RIM?
    Here it is.
    06-24-10 05:53 PM
    Here it is.

hehe! thanks for the laugh!
    06-24-10 05:59 PM
    i type <?> and <!> frequently so set-up an auto text for each. if i type <q> and then <space> i get a <?> and if i type <e> and then <space> i get a <!>
    06-25-10 12:09 AM
    i type <?> and <!> frequently so set-up an auto text for each. if i type <q> and then <space> i get a <?> and if i type <e> and then <space> i get a <!>
    +1 for autotext, nice! I keep forgetting there's a ton of things I can shortcut with that, thanks
    06-25-10 01:57 AM
    Yes, customization would be good. I'd like to add arrow keys.

Also just like voice recognition can be trained I wish they would let us train the keyboard too.
    06-25-10 07:25 AM
    hmmm... I tried replacing "qq" with the question mark, but if I type "qq" at the end of a word, it leaves the "qq" there. the only way to get the auto replacement to work is if I have a leading space in front of the "qq". Is there another easy way to get the question mark when on the alpha keyboard??
    06-25-10 12:29 PM
    hmmm... I tried replacing "qq" with the question mark, but if I type "qq" at the end of a word, it leaves the "qq" there. the only way to get the auto replacement to work is if I have a leading space in front of the "qq". Is there another easy way to get the question mark when on the alpha keyboard??
    I didn't try double letters like that, but I don't think that'd make a difference. Did you set it to use Specified Case or SmartCase? I did just as described, and set it using Specified Case.
    06-25-10 12:44 PM
    I didn't try double letters like that, but I don't think that'd make a difference. Did you set it to use Specified Case or SmartCase? I did just as described, and set it using Specified Case.
    specified.
    06-25-10 12:57 PM
    specified.
    Dammit. I know what it is but not how to get around it, it's the double letters. I just tried mine - if I type e or q I get ! and ? respectively, but if I have any letter combination then it considers it part of a word and doesn't work.
    06-25-10 01:03 PM
    Dammit. I know what it is but not how to get around it, it's the double letters. I just tried mine - if I type e or q I get ! and ? respectively, but if I have any letter combination then it considers it part of a word and doesn't work.
    yeah. I tried using one q, but then I have to hit the spacebar before hitting enter, so it's too many keystrokes--a leading space, the q, a trailing space. I guess it's simpler just to touch !?123 & type "B" simultaneously.
    06-25-10 01:16 PM
    yeah. I tried using one q, but then I have to hit the spacebar before hitting enter, so it's too many keystrokes--a leading space, the q, a trailing space. I guess it's simpler just to touch !?123 & type "B" simultaneously.
    You're right on too many keystrokes, but what's that alt-B tip? When I do that it just brings up the alt keyboard in both views.
    06-25-10 01:22 PM
    You're right on too many keystrokes, but what's that alt-B tip? When I do that it just brings up the alt keyboard in both views.
    don't PRESS that button. Just TOUCH it, and CLICK the "B".
    06-25-10 01:22 PM
    don't PRESS that button. Just TOUCH it, and CLICK the "B".
    Yeah, that's what I did and then the alt keyboard pops up.
    06-25-10 01:24 PM
    Yeah, that's what I did and then the alt keyboard pops up.
    when I'm in BBM, and just touch and hold the !?123 key, the alt keyboard doesn't come up. while holding it, I then press "B". that types out the "question mark" for me.

EDIT: I think I see what u mean. the alt keyboard comes up momentarily, but I was looking at for the "?" to appear in the text box, so i wasn't focused on observing the keyboard.
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-25-10 at 01:34 PM.
    06-25-10 01:32 PM
    Interesting. Just went through all 26 letters hovering on the !?123 (alt) key, and some do nothing, others bring up the secondary (alt) keyboard. Also doing this gave me my first multi-clicks since I got this replacement back in March, it didn't like doing that.
    06-25-10 01:32 PM
    when I'm in BBM, and just touch and hold the !?123 key, the alt keyboard doesn't come up. while holding it, I then press "B". that types out the "question mark" for me.

EDIT: I think I see what u mean. the alt keyboard comes up momentarily, but I was looking at for the "?" to appear in the text box, so i wasn't focused on observing the keyboard.
    I got it to do it, but not by hovering - I clicked down but didn't release, just immediately pressed the next key and it works perfectly, actually faster then pressing the alt key and then the character like i was before.
    Storm2 - now with multitouch! >.<
    06-25-10 01:41 PM
    I got it to do it, but not by hovering - I clicked down but didn't release, just immediately pressed the next key and it works perfectly, actually faster then pressing the alt key and then the character like i was before.
    Storm2 - now with multitouch! >.<
    yup--that works.
    06-25-10 02:17 PM
    Also works with the caps button and the symbols button.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD