... if Storm users could assign a convenience key to close applications?

I really dont get some of the 'restrictions' verizon puts on there phones. I mean, why cant I choose to dump the sample folders and it's contents?
    11-30-08 03:12 PM
    That feature would definately be worth having.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 03:15 PM
    No, that would be a bad idea.
    Did you notice the number of people complaining that the Camera app was opening at random? It was because they were pushing the Convenience Key without realizing it. I'm just imagining a hundred new Storm owners coming on here claiming they found a new "bug" that their apps close randomly.
    Ugh.
    11-30-08 03:19 PM
    While they're at it, it'd be nice if they allowed wi-fi on the Storm too.

The recent HCT Touch Pro and the Samsung Optima both have unrestricted wi-fi, GPS and Bluetooth on the VZW network, from what I understand.
    Why not the Storm?
    11-30-08 03:26 PM
    No, that would be a bad idea.
    Did you notice the number of people complaining that the Camera app was opening at random? It was because they were pushing the Convenience Key without realizing it. I'm just imagining a hundred new Storm owners coming on here claiming they found a new "bug" that their apps close randomly.
    Ugh.

Not that it might not be true, but I havent read anything like thos nor have I had a problem with it. Besides, closing apps inadvertently seems to be less of a problem, no?

Just thinking that it would make the speed of the phone better if it was more convenient to close apps is all.
    11-30-08 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD