Weirdly, I just put my Droid up to trade for a blackberry. Fantastic phone if you use apps/browsing, but considering that 90% of my use is messaging and email, and that I really, really like the blackberry OS, I want to switch over.

Still, if I browsed more, I'd definitely stick with/trade for a droid.
    that pretty much sums up my feelings about the two platforms--one is great for web browsing and the other is a great cell phone/messaging platform. that's why I'm unclear why so many people come here with so much confusion in their minds about which OS they should choose--the two are like night and day. Surely a person knows what they primarily want a cell phone for????
    09-06-10 10:28 PM
    that pretty much sums up my feelings about the two platforms--one is great for web browsing and the other is a great cell phone/messaging platform. that's why I'm unclear why so many people come here with so much confusion in their minds about which OS they should choose--the two are like night and day. Surely a person knows what they primarily want a cell phone for????
    Well, not necessarily - I mean, look at the number of people who get an iPhone and never use it for anything but texting and calling. If you aren't a smartphone poweruser, you might not analyze your phone usage that closely. I sure didn't when I got the Droid, after all.
    09-06-10 10:35 PM
    Well, not necessarily - I mean, look at the number of people who get an iPhone and never use it for anything but texting and calling. If you aren't a smartphone poweruser, you might not analyze your phone usage that closely. I sure didn't when I got the Droid, after all.
    you know what I say to that?? "oh well!!" (shame on me for thinking that others have some inkling as to WHY they buy a product, or what they have been using it for, once they get it)
    09-06-10 10:37 PM
    I have been using a Droid 2 for about two weeks. I find may good things and some negatives. Overall, it beats my S2 which I love. I find the biggest draw back is the lack of Global communication when I am out of the country. Thus I will return the Droid and hope they correct this soon.
    09-07-10 08:26 AM
    I have been using a Droid 2 for about two weeks. I find may good things and some negatives. Overall, it beats my S2 which I love. I find the biggest draw back is the lack of Global communication when I am out of the country. Thus I will return the Droid and hope they correct this soon.
    What do you mean by "Global communication?" If you're referring to the fact that its not a world phone like the S2, then that will be corrected when the Droid Pro is released in the coming months, which is the world phone version of the Droid 2.
    09-07-10 10:13 AM
    You got it right, Global = World. Thanks for the info.
    09-07-10 07:30 PM
    update: DROID DOWN!! after really enjoying it for the past couple weeks, my droid has now been constantly switching between having no phone service to having no 3g service for almost 2 days. VZ says a refurb replacement is in the mail, so i'm hoping that will solve the issue. i guess i can thank BB and the S1/S2 for getting me accustomed to this process though.
    09-10-10 08:42 PM
    I did and glad I did. The only thing I miss how I could keep emails on server and delete off phone. My next phone will be droid x

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 06:05 AM
    update: DROID DOWN!! after really enjoying it for the past couple weeks, my droid has now been constantly switching between having no phone service to having no 3g service for almost 2 days. VZ says a refurb replacement is in the mail, so i'm hoping that will solve the issue. i guess i can thank BB and the S1/S2 for getting me accustomed to this process though.
    So let us get this straight - everything you complained about your BlackBerry (and more), is happening on the latest, greatest, Droid...but NOW you "laugh it off," and STILL put down RIM, all in one sentence. Simply amazing...
    09-11-10 07:09 AM
    So let us get this straight - everything you complained about your BlackBerry (and more), is happening on the latest, greatest, Droid...but NOW you "laugh it off," and STILL put down RIM, all in one sentence. Simply amazing...
    first of all, i never complained about my blackberry in this thread. if you re-read my comments here you will find that i took the most objective approach possible to making this decision. i enjoyed my S2, i mainly just wanted a faster web browsing experience which is something that BB simply could not provide. secondly, what else can i do but laugh it off? 3 refurb S1's and 2 refurb S2's definitely DID get me ready for this process, and i certainly can't be that upset on replacement #1 from Moto. ask me again on number 5, at least then i will have had to deal with the same amount of frustration from each manufacturer. if i wanted to give the droid more love than it deserves, i wouldn't have even come in here to update everyone. the only point that i was trying to convey is that NOTHING is perfect. RIM, Moto, HTC, and even the almightly Apple all have their flaws, and the grass is not always greener on the other side. would i make the trade again, YES! the droid's pros far outweigh the cons in my opinion, and like i said, 1 replacement is still far less than 5. this does not mean that it is the end-all, be-all of smartphones though.

side note: wow, restoring is SO much easier on Android. i did a factory reset last night to see if that would help (it didn't) but all of your contacts/e-mails/messages are stored in the google cloud, and all of your apps can be backed up on your SD card to be reinstalled on the first reboot. i went from factory fresh to having all my info/apps back on the phone in less than 10 minutes all without ever having to connect it to my computer.
    Last edited by SolidOrange; 09-12-10 at 04:46 PM.
    09-11-10 09:01 AM
    I'm in the process of testing out a Droid 2 in comparison to my Storm 2.
    Let's see how that goes ^^
    09-11-10 11:57 AM
    first of all, i never complained about my blackberry in this thread. if you re-read my comments here you will find that i took the most objective approach possible to making this decision. i enjoyed my S2, i mainly just wanted a faster web browsing experience which is something that BB simply could not provide. secondly, what else can i do but laugh it off? .
    YES, you did complain about BB, when you wrote, "i guess i can thank BB and the S1/S2 for getting me accustomed to this process though.". If that's not a slam against BB, I don't know what is. (not that I'm taking it personally, as I couldn't care less how you felt about your BB, but the point HERE is that Cory was 100% correct)
    09-11-10 12:01 PM
    whatever folks, i am done here. if i can't even post when i am saying something BAD about android without getting crap, i won't bother.
    09-12-10 12:41 AM
    whatever folks, i am done here. if i can't even post when i am saying something BAD about android without getting crap, i won't bother.
    I know what you mean. It seems like a number of people on this site are stuck in 7th grade...way too much emotion.
    09-12-10 03:43 PM
    NO!..................
    09-12-10 06:31 PM
    I know what you mean. It seems like a number of people on this site are stuck in 7th grade...way too much emotion.
    Yup ... Senior Citizens and haven't left middle school. But hey, it's the internet. What do you expect. LOL.
    09-12-10 07:25 PM
    I would hands down
    09-13-10 04:05 PM
    I am actually trying to get a moto droid as we speak. Its been pretty hard finding one for a decent price.
    09-13-10 04:40 PM
    I have to complain about my storm now. It crashed when I answered a phone call. sigh.
    09-13-10 08:16 PM
    I have to complain about my storm now. It crashed when I answered a phone call. sigh.
    DAVE, say it ain't so! Anything since then?
    09-13-10 08:24 PM
    DAVE, say it ain't so! Anything since then?
    I think this makes about the 5th crash since feb. Not that bad. certainly better than my 2-3 crashes per day on the S1.
    09-13-10 08:33 PM
    Would I trade? No.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 10:21 PM
    I'm actually debating on this now. I had the Storm 1 and now the 2. I went through 5 of the first one and am on my 2nd one of the 2. This most recent one has been great for like 6-7 months so far. Yesterday, out of the blue, I'm getting javascript errors. I answered a call and it just went to speaker for no reason I tried to get it off while I was at work, and got the javascript error and had to reboot the phone. My only thing keeping me with my beloved yet frustrating Storm 2 is the suretype. I absolutley LOVE it!!! I don't want that stupid slide out keyboard, but at the same time this thing frustrates me.
    09-14-10 12:15 PM
    Yup ... Senior Citizens and haven't left middle school. But hey, it's the internet. What do you expect. LOL.
    Rofl. This thread is a double whammy, leaving BlackBerry AND calling out Storm2 nothing gets the fanboys riled more!
    09-14-10 12:23 PM
    Rofl. This thread is a double whammy, bashing BlackBerry AND calling out Storm2 nothing gets the fanboys riled more!
    what are you? an "anti-" fanboy?
    09-14-10 12:24 PM
127 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD