View Poll Results: Would you switch to the storm 2?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes!

    66 63.46%
  • no!

    38 36.54%
05-18-09 05:53 PM
52 123
tools
  1. whyme4000's Avatar
    I don't see enough of a change to the pics I have seen to drop my storm (unless VZ offered some kind of great deal to ppl who bought the Storm 1, and can buy one at a discount in the middle of the contract).

    The addition of WiFi is not enough for me...
    05-15-09 02:00 PM
  2. Bigdaddy2009's Avatar
    Richmond Va STAND UP! haha
    D*MN right. LOL Representin V A
    05-15-09 02:03 PM
  3. cerob's Avatar
    I wouldn't give up my storm for storm 2. Now if I could get a storm 2 a a good price, then maybe, but I don't see me getting rid of my original storm.
    05-15-09 02:08 PM
  4. Martin030908's Avatar
    I love my Storm... love it. But it's not fully functional. Why is RIM even pushing Storm 2 without having Storm 1 fixed?

    I'm still waiting like the rest of you for an update that'll satisfy us. And reading through some posts I see a speculation of a July release for Storm 2? November was bad enough to hear.

    It's not a question of feeling "owed" something but I did not get what I paid for with the Storm. It's a question of integrity and RIM is failing MISERABLY.

    Without an impressive improvement very soon or some kind of assistance with the Storm from RIM/Verizon this will be my last BB simply because I refuse to pad the pockets of a company that treated it's customers as RIM/Verizon has with the Storm release.

    And yes the Storm was the 3rd best selling phone this past year... what figure I want to see is the one for customers who will again purchase a RIM product after purchasing the Storm. (first time buyers I'm figuring... as RIM does have other Blackberries that are top notch and anyone who has experienced these or owned one will surely just move on to another device)
    Last edited by Martin030908; 05-15-09 at 02:20 PM.
    05-15-09 02:18 PM
  5. briankeith513's Avatar
    For me, fix the os on the Original Storm that I have, and it's the Champ imo. But, also add wifi, and a thinner profile? It could be a winner, but again, it all lies on the os. THe newer input method is also supposed to be better, but I never had a problem with Surepress and liked it actually.
    05-15-09 02:19 PM
  6. tehBrad's Avatar
    yup will definately switch since most support and HOPEFULLY more updates will be on the newest device... Storm 2
    05-15-09 02:21 PM
  7. kingslaw's Avatar
    For me, fix the os on the Original Storm that I have, and it's the Champ imo. But, also add wifi, and a thinner profile? It could be a winner, but again, it all lies on the os. THe newer input method is also supposed to be better, but I never had a problem with Surepress and liked it actually.

    I tend to agree with BrianKeith513, 100%!
    05-15-09 02:23 PM
  8. jpyounis1's Avatar
    i choose yes, but its more like a yes with some conditions.

    Im all up for the newest tech and all that jazz (who isnt) but theres a few things id like with the storm 1 first.

    1. i love the storm 1 and with the leak im running i cant complain at all. But for **** sake fix the OS so individuals dont have to. .75 is pretty good imo but the scroll speed is slow and for me its unusable. Why run Win98 on a core2 (bad analogy but that's what i mean)

    2. some kind of discount should be applied. i mean lets say it really does come out in September or Q4 09, i just got my storm in may, are you serious?

    things like that. ill probably hang on to my storm for as long as i can since i have it for 2yrs due to my contract, i wont be shelling out the 500$ or whatever it is unless it has wifi, the OS is BETTER and i feel its worth it. judging by the pics i think its worthy.

    in the back of my mind tho and im sure a bunch of others are thinking about it, i think that verizon will update the storm 1 os once this year and i think thats it for good. better not be the case. but heh it is verizon
    Last edited by jpyounis1; 05-15-09 at 02:31 PM.
    05-15-09 02:28 PM
  9. SilverLight98's Avatar
    From they way it looks now, there's too little info for me to decide. Once the specs and a few reviews are released then ill make a decision. It needs some good reviews and wi-fi for me to upgrade.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 02:35 PM
  10. CROWNontherocks's Avatar
    Would I consider it? Sure.. But at the end of the day I doubt I will since 1) nothing wrong w/ my current 2) not much more to entice me 3) not the type to always have the latest/greatest 4) I'd rather spend the funds elsewhere...

    My Storm is still mint though.... Hmmmmmmm.... Lol.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 02:40 PM
  11. inspector_yoo's Avatar
    Not until the software becomes better. If the Storm 1 and Storm 2 finally have solid OS official upgrades (I'm talking at least .2x on 4.7 or 5.0) then I might consider the Storm 2 but there's definitely not enough information yet out on that.

    The fact that it still has 3.2 mp doesn't mean anything. It could take much better pictures even if the megapixel size doesn't increase. Like I said, there's not enough info yet.

    But if it has wi-fi support, 4g support, better camera, better touch screen, and makes use of the hardware accelerator for games and whatnot then that might be enough reason but only if it is finally rocking a decent OS.

    I wish I got a Bold instead but I went for the cool touch screen and now I'm suffering. AT&T isn't that bad in my area, and the smaller screen doesn't bother me too much since it has a qwerty keyboard which I am actually a big fan of. I chose the Storm on it's potential, and being the newest and latest I figured it would get all the good stuff. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

    I want Skyfire.....lucky Bold owners..(no plans of Skyfire coming to the Storm)
    05-15-09 02:42 PM
  12. z0diac's Avatar
    I really don't understand RIM and Verizon with the BB Storm 2. I mean it's been about 7 months since releasing the potential "iPhone killer" and they are already talking about a revision...

    I mean, in a sense, I feel like those who took the chance on the first Storm are being unappreciated, not to mention Verizon keeps passing on every OS update RIM throws at them.

    To be frank, I've been a loyal customer of Verizon's since 1999 and I'm seriously thinking of moving on to another carrier after this fiasco...
    05-15-09 02:47 PM
  13. lReef lKeeper's Avatar
    I personally don't see anything wrong with my 9530. I'm am running .75 stock with around 7-8 apps and all is well here. I'm aure a lot has to do with reading this sites threads on setting it up right, but I love my storm and have no desire to upgrade right now.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 03:01 PM
  14. TekNiKal's Avatar
    No way in **** I would buy the Storm 2. I'll take a complete overhaul of the OS. I like my Storm but it is a disappointment.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 03:16 PM
  15. yapkuen's Avatar
    I really don't understand RIM and Verizon with the BB Storm 2. I mean it's been about 7 months since releasing the potential "iPhone killer" and they are already talking about a revision...

    I mean, in a sense, I feel like those who took the chance on the first Storm are being unappreciated, not to mention Verizon keeps passing on every OS update RIM throws at them.

    To be frank, I've been a loyal customer of Verizon's since 1999 and I'm seriously thinking of moving on to another carrier after this fiasco...
    Is there any high-end portable electronic device that doesn't get rapid revisions these days with the pace of technology? The iPhone was released a little under two years ago and received incremental revisions one year later, and is rumored to possibly be getting more incremental revisions this summer. The G1 came out last fall, and the rumor mill is churning about the next generation of that phone as well. I'd be surprised if the Palm Pre didn't get incremental hardware iterations within a year of its upcoming release.

    The key to frequent hardware revisions is to make sure that the revisions occur in small enough steps that it's easy to support all the different iterations of the hardware at the same time. From the little information we have so far on the Storm 2, it looks like not very much is changed, which should make it easier to support both generations of the Storm without having to re-learn too many things. That's probably why it makes sense to keep the click screen as well (although BGR has a rumor from one of their "ninjas" that RIM is doing away with SurePress and going with just a straight capacitive touch).
    05-15-09 03:17 PM
  16. Ultrafied's Avatar
    Absolutely. Wouldn't miss the Storm 2. This time, I won't have to get the wifey one too so for me, it will be a lot cheaper then last time when the Storm came out! The Storm has been great for me.
    05-15-09 03:18 PM
  17. Penumbra's Avatar
    Ill definitely switching because I can't stand the ****ey front buttons, the dust in the screen and my bezels creak, and I want a stable OS because Verizon is ghey and wont release one for us users who can't upgrade our OS's for various ******** DM/Apploader reasons
    05-15-09 03:21 PM
  18. asylvia's Avatar
    if the price is right!!!1
    05-15-09 03:43 PM
  19. Arreat's Avatar
    I'll definitely buy one, but I'll still be using a Tour as my primary phone unless the storm two has some beastly hardware under the hood and is a significant performance upgrade over the storm1 or tour.
    05-15-09 05:06 PM
  20. juliankueh's Avatar
    Not if my storm continues running the way it has been all along and .131 has been very good

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 05:12 PM
  21. dberry74's Avatar
    I'm open to it, but too soon to decide. I'll wait for more info to be released.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dberry74; 05-16-09 at 09:32 AM.
    05-16-09 09:30 AM
  22. anon(1754793)'s Avatar
    It all depends on the price $$$
    05-16-09 09:31 AM
  23. blunt420's Avatar
    the real question is would you buy the storm 2 or the iphone when vzw gets it??
    05-16-09 10:56 AM
  24. m3grady2's Avatar
    Depends price , if they offer something on a trade in , and what the palm pre looks like.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 11:06 AM
  25. Morf32's Avatar
    This poll should also have a "maybe" option.

    I have another line with Verizon that is "hanging in limbo" that is eligible for an upgrade. Depending on the price of the new one when it comes out, I might just use the upgrade to get that phone... just to see what it's like.

    I'll also probably wait a few weeks, because I'm sure there are those on CB who will get it right away... then I will be able to see some feedback on it first to aid me in my decision.
    05-16-09 11:20 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD