View Poll Results: Would you switch to the storm 2?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes!

66 63.46%
  • no!

38 36.54%
05-18-09 05:53 PM
52 123
tools
    At first i was not very impressed my with 9530 but now after the latest software upgrades and applications it runs very smoothly and i can only see it getting better in the future. I would not give up my storm so easily anymore, would you?
    05-15-09 11:13 AM
    Nah. I'm sure they will be on the same Os. It would not big me to have this one until I can upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 11:16 AM
    Might be useful to have a third choice "maybe". Because I will be in that camp.
    05-15-09 11:27 AM
    I like the emphatic answer choices. No, I would not switch to a Storm 2. Once my contract is up I will never buy a Storm again. This one has completely spoiled my experience...
    05-15-09 11:28 AM
    Anyone who votes on this thread has WAAAAAAAAY too much interest in the latest and greatest. It seems like you would simply want it just because its the latest IMO.

All we've seen is photos as of yet. We dont have any specs (other than the fact that you can see that the camera will remain 3.2 MP autofocus). We have great speculation that it will have Wifi, but no proof on anything. Get some specs and a video review within the next few months, then this thread might be a lil more relevant.

Not enough info for me to vote...wouldnt be fair to my Stormie
    05-15-09 11:38 AM
    The side of me that loves my Storm says "NO WAY!"
    But the side of me that likes "Keeping up with the Jones'" side of me says "Bring it On!"
    05-15-09 11:51 AM
    i would switch but not at the moment since I just got the storm in January so Ill wait till i see it on craiglist haha and then ill get it
    05-15-09 11:55 AM
    I am a latest and greatest freak and like to be the guinea pig for new technology...so I would switch, BUT I will nit be in line like I was fo Storm 1...no reason a few days is ok to wait...

05-15-09 11:58 AM
    Yes, when it comes out I will pick one up and my current one is going straight to eBay.

05-15-09 12:01 PM
    Ill switch if storm 2 have Wi-Fi
    05-15-09 12:04 PM
    im not going anywhere near that thing until its clear that RIM has sorted out the software for their touchscreen endeavors.

i love my storm and i can make it work for me, but theres no reason i would run out to buy the second iteration of RIMs worst product ever.
    05-15-09 12:04 PM
    Too soon to say.
    I will definetly consider it.. after i find out about wi-fi and a few other modifications.

Also depends on the telus store.. if they'll let me buy a new one for the plan price.
    05-15-09 12:10 PM
    I like the emphatic answer choices. No, I would not switch to a Storm 2. Once my contract is up I will never buy a Storm again. This one has completely spoiled my experience...
    +1

This thing needs a complete re-do including hardware and a new touch interface UI, not an adapted trackball UI.
    05-15-09 01:16 PM
    +1

This thing needs a complete re-do including hardware and a new touch interface UI, not an adapted trackball UI.
    Just to be fair and balanced, I'm putting in a -1 here.

I do agree that the software UI could be touched up, but the hardware interface for me is gold. I much prefer it over any other touch interface I've used, including the iPhone/iPod Touch and the pressure-sensitive dumbphones from LG.

That said, I'd switch to a Storm 2 only if I could get it on the cheap. I wouldn't drop my current Storm and pay full retail for one, but certainly I'd consider getting one (or whatever iteration they're up to by the time my NE2 is available) when I can get it at discounted pricing.
    05-15-09 01:21 PM
    LOL the first one doesn't even run right..
    05-15-09 01:23 PM
    Just to be fair and balanced, I'm putting in a -1 here.

I do agree that the software UI could be touched up, but the hardware interface for me is gold. I much prefer it over any other touch interface I've used, including the iPhone/iPod Touch and the pressure-sensitive dumbphones from LG.

That said, I'd switch to a Storm 2 only if I could get it on the cheap. I wouldn't drop my current Storm and pay full retail for one, but certainly I'd consider getting one (or whatever iteration they're up to by the time my NE2 is available) when I can get it at discounted pricing.
    yea, I like the build of the current Storm. Cant really tell from the images, but the up and coming looks a lil thinner and longer. I actually like bulky devices (thought about switching to AT&T for the Bold before using a Storm other than the horrible display model), and while a lot of ppl complain about the Storm being too big, w/o any type of case or anything on the phone its PRETTY SMALL in my opinion!

Maybe thats just me tho...
    05-15-09 01:24 PM
    yea, I like the build of the current Storm. Cant really tell from the images, but the up and coming looks a lil thinner and longer. I actually like bulky devices (thought about switching to AT&T for the Bold before using a Storm other than the horrible display model), and while a lot of ppl complain about the Storm being too big, w/o any type of case or anything on the phone its PRETTY SMALL in my opinion!

Maybe thats just me tho...
    The Storm is actually not even that big. No bigger than the 8820 and 8830, if my eyes are not mistaken (I have an 8820 sitting next to mine right now).
    05-15-09 01:30 PM
    I wouldnt, i have no use for Wifi, Browser is more than enough for me
    05-15-09 01:35 PM
    No I want a hardware keyboard

Plus the iphone OS and pre OS and android OS all look superior

05-15-09 01:36 PM
    Yes, I have always keep with the latest BlackBerry. The one thing I am unsure of is when I would buy one, not sure if I would get a launch day one, too many variables.
    05-15-09 01:46 PM
    Depends...don't know enough about it yet. I think this poll is a bit early
    05-15-09 01:50 PM
    If with more information and time the II turns out to be a big step up? I will definitely buy one and my storm will either be used by someone in my family or sold. I love my storm and it does everything I ask but I love new toys. Besides... If I love the first one so much II will be better...maybe.....we will see.

05-15-09 01:51 PM
    Never did like touch screens!

just gotta have that *new car smell* mentality... so yeah, i'll switch only after checking it @ verizon store
    poll failure...need a "maybe" choice considering we have no info at all on the actual release.
    05-15-09 01:56 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD