with all this talk of iphones coming to Verizon. i was wondering if the storm users out there would switch.
    04-23-10 06:02 AM
    I'd take droid incredible

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 07:25 AM
    Yes. I would consider A DROID. My Storm2 is but my long term device. This is number 6 for me due to quality and reliability issues. The platform has improved and has capabilities.

04-23-10 08:54 AM
    No way. Will wait until next year and evaluate the options then.

04-23-10 09:02 AM
    I'm waiting until July for my NE2 and we'll see what's out there then, or what's out on the horizon, (hopefully something pretty sweet for the holiday) I'll wait a bit if I have to. But I'm leaning towards either the iPhone if it comes to VZW or an Android device but I'm starting to lose faith in RIM and BBs unfortunately.
    04-23-10 11:30 AM
    Waiting on my November NE2, would think of an iPhone if VZW has it, see what Android devices are out, or move to something like the 9650.
    04-23-10 11:52 AM
    I have the Storm....I Also have had every iPhone that's come out.... I won't go back to iPhone. My storm is user friendly, fast, and very functional. Not to say iPhone isn't user friendly but, iPhone ear pieces are crap. Storm speakers, as everybody knows are LOUD!!! That's just one reason though... Still staying with Storm.
    04-23-10 12:00 PM
    My storm is my first BB and I love it. Incredibly, I've had virtually no problems with it even though I've heard that others have had continuous problems. I will admit that the Droid and the iPhone have faster operating systems and better multi-tasking capabilities but for the moment I will be sticking with RIM. Plus, I'm waiting to see what kind of improvements 6.0 will bring to the table.
    04-23-10 12:02 PM
    No switch for me.
    04-23-10 06:27 PM
    NEVER NEVER NEVER oh hold on, let me check this email.

Now where was I?
    Oh right. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER.
    04-23-10 07:52 PM
    While I'm not on Verizon, I use a unlocked Storm on T-Mobile. The truly odd thing is that my Storm has a higher screen resolution than most of the phones they have aside from the HTC WinMo handsets and sure that Bold 9700 is purday...

There is just something about the Storm that called out to me. I used to have a Motorola Cliq which decided to take a dive in the pool. So much for my new Android phone so it's back to the Storm.

Now if something new came along on the retail shelves (a possible T-Mobile iPhone or the rumor of the Nexus One being carried on retail shelves, I'd be all over them. I'm tired of my Storm randomly giving me the WSOD during a call.
    Last edited by ungibbed; 04-24-10 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Typoes! :p
    04-24-10 07:49 AM
    Switch, absolutely. Device probably depends on timing of what is available when someone's upgrade is due. Those eligible to upgrade in the next couple of months will probably be very tempted to get the HTC Incredible. I know I am. The best BB has to offer now is the Storm 2. If the iPhone hits VZW later this summer or fall, I'm sure a lot of people will switch, especially if there are new features to increase the wow factor (in addition to being on a better network). It seems like RIM is behind the competition. I also own a Tour and have been waiting and following the release of the Tour 2 (Bold) for awhile now and it still isn't available. In reality, all it will really do is add a trackpad and WiFi. So the rumored Storm 3 won't keep many people from switching away from RIM if the others make it to market first.

I still contend that for non-enterprise users, the superior email features of BB's will not be enough to keep users from switching to other platforms.

04-24-10 08:48 AM
    If I had a Storm, **** YES!

But since I have a Droid, No thanks.
    04-24-10 08:59 AM
    I tried the htc Eris, and the battery life sucked and I didn't like the OS. I have had the Storm for almost a month now, and LOVE it. I have had no problems even though that's all you read about. I would consider switching to the iPhone if or rather when it comes to VZW, BUT I would also be considering the Storm 2 and maybe even the Storm 3 if it comes out.
    04-24-10 07:50 PM
    I won't switch or upgrade. On the eve of LTE, I suspect there will be numerous changes over the next 18-24 months. The first iPhone on VZW may or may not be what everyone expects. I don't know; I'm not an engineer.
    04-24-10 08:17 PM
    My NE2 discount will be available this July and I will be giving an Android device a try.

Having BB Storm for nearly 2 years, the device has worked very well according to RIM's vision. However, I want to explore the rest of the smartphone world and Android is next.
    04-24-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD