Am up for a upgrade in a few days. I was looking at the 9550, as a consideration. Is it worth it, or not ??

Pros/cons ??

OR would you go to another device ??

Thanx
    I would in a heartbeat.
    11-07-10 02:26 PM
    I am currently on an 8330 that I got in Nov.2008 & my daught has the S2. Even with the possibility of Vzw coming out with a newer device for the S2(like S3), I am very much considering myself getting the S2 My daught looooooves hers! And I'm not the type that has to have the latest & greatest, so I'd be ok getting the S2 & if Vzw drops something newer aft a month I won't be upset. I can always wait for the next upgrade for that and so on. I've got patience
    So I'm glad to hear from those of you that would go for the S2 again I know my daught def would!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 03:53 PM
    if i had to do it all over again, I wouldn't. Considering the Droid only came out a month, or two later, I would have waited.
    11-07-10 04:20 PM
    I would go to another device. In fact I have. Droid is the way to go.
    11-07-10 07:08 PM
    Did you get your X, yet, Valace?
    11-07-10 07:21 PM
    No, can't say that I would. Loved the Storm, but it has outlived its usefulness for me.
    11-07-10 10:31 PM
    One of the 'cons' of the ANDROID platform is the requirement to run everything through GOOGLE's g-mail & calendar system. I prefer OUTLOOK, and don't even know if GOOGLE's PIM system is as good. From the little bit of research I've done, ANDROID does not easily sync to OUTLOOK.

I wish RIM would wake up....and really give their product line the horsepower, screen resolution quality and applications memory that is competitive with or exceeds the competition. Their incrementalist approach and arrogance will sink that ship....and take the BB devot�s with them. I'm a refuge from the PALM TREO world. I assumed that PALM really cared about its loyal customer base; I found out otherwise. Hooking up with RIM makes me think that I've now misjudged them. They appear to protect their margins...at the expense of being competitive. THAT, my friends, is SHORT TERM STUPID.
    11-07-10 10:44 PM
    android can sync with outlook pretty easily actually and you dont have to use gmail or calender if you do not want to
    11-07-10 10:49 PM
    To answer quickly about Google's PIM, there's plenty of potential, but being primarily cloud-based could turn off certain customers. If you have a gmail account, PIM management is a snap. Maintaining contacts is a little tedious if you have to input their appropriate information - numbers, email, home addresses; etc.
    11-07-10 10:51 PM
    You only need the Google account for setup.
    I use my Gmail for my contact sync.
    I don't use that email address for anything else.
    I manage 4 personal accounts and one corporate account.
    11-08-10 12:46 AM
    In my opinion, I wouldn't get a Storm 2. It is likely near end of life. Up until just recently I had great luck with mine, but it started to do some really odd things and my two replacements haven't been working right either. I think the idea of the screen that you press is great, but I am more and more thinking that RIM is suffering from a quality control issue with these. On the other hand, a lot of people on here seem to still be having pretty good luck with theirs. Your call, but I wouldn't mostly because it is pretty dated at this point.
    11-08-10 08:14 AM
    I echo dk21's sentiment. For me, it was how it was made dated. We touted things like Open GL, having twice the memory, improved click screen; etc. In the end, all that touting got the device nowhere in future plans.

I didn't any contingency planning on RIM's to make me say, "I'll slug it out with you guys, until the end." When it came to the OS6 S2 debacle, they didn't attempt to adjust their software accordingly. Sure, there are always better phones down the pipeline, but to have it outdated by the summer following its release, it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I understand every OS has a breaking point concerning system requirements. Since I'm on an original Droid, the chances of my being eligible for gingerbread, is pretty slim. But, it doesn't make my phone irrelevant, as apps are still being made for it, and what have you. Additionally, the ability to customize is still there for other Android phones.
    11-08-10 10:27 AM
    I echo dk21's sentiment. For me, it was how it was made dated. We touted things like Open GL, having twice the memory, improved click screen; etc. In the end, all that touting got the device nowhere in future plans.

I didn't any contingency planning on RIM's to make me say, "I'll slug it out with you guys, until the end." When it came to the OS6 S2 debacle, they didn't attempt to adjust their software accordingly. Sure, there are always better phones down the pipeline, but to have it outdated by the summer following its release, it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I understand every OS has a breaking point concerning system requirements. Since I'm on an original Droid, the chances of my being eligible for gingerbread, is pretty slim. But, it doesn't make my phone irrelevant, as apps are still being made for it, and what have you. Additionally, the ability to customize is still there for other Android phones.
    Wow.....You thought it was so nice you had to say it twice lol
    11-08-10 10:58 AM
    hahahahahah. I just caught that.
    11-08-10 11:16 AM
    In the beginning when it was EOL of the 9530, yes I would of bought the 9550 AGAIN. But as of right now, no way I would buy it again.
    11-08-10 03:53 PM
    New storm should be coming out soon... I would definitely wait or go for another device.

Just my opinion. Storm 2, with OS5.0 (and not upgradable to OS6) is already outdated...
    11-08-10 04:53 PM
    I gave it as long as I could just like I did with my treo before it. I just jumped ship to a Droid incredible. It's light years ahead of the storm 2. The browser is worth it alone. So no I wouldn't get a storm 2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 05:40 PM
    I'm noticing a lot of the Android version of the same apps, are better presented. Pandora was night and day. The facebook app, despite some quirks, is miles ahead! Not to mention, the Kindle app is just gorgeous on my Droid.
    11-08-10 05:50 PM
    the droid version of FB is actually lacking alot. the main issue with the storm 2 version is its very slow in comparison but it has better features with it.
    11-08-10 06:32 PM
    Matt, what is the Android version lacking? I'm curious. I just seem to like the presentation better
    11-08-10 06:36 PM
    notifications are a huge part of it and the app still relies on using the actual facebook website for certain things. on the BB version you got notifications for everything instantly and everything could managed within the app with no website needed
    11-08-10 06:45 PM
    OH okay, I see what you mean, now. Yeah, i did notice I had to use the website a little to share my tweets. The notifications part of it, yeah, I see it. But, I guess I'm willing to live with it.
    11-08-10 07:15 PM
    definitely go with another model. I would not recommend this phone to anyone.
    11-09-10 06:01 PM
    definitely go with another model. I would not recommend this phone to anyone.
    You talking about the 9530 or 9550? Like I said before... purchase (probably not at this point in time, because newer version is coming out soon) but a free upgrade due to a 9530 failure (sure, go ahead).
    11-09-10 10:10 PM
    I will not buy another Blackberry device until I can view a surveillance DVR native with no apps. But by then other phones will have built in ray guns.
    11-10-10 07:57 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD