Am up for a upgrade in a few days. I was looking at the 9550, as a consideration. Is it worth it, or not ??

Pros/cons ??

OR would you go to another device ??

Thanx
    10-31-10 08:55 AM
    Go with another device. A year ago it was a consideration, but it is out dated now. No BB6, no webkit, low res scree, slow processor, etc.

If you want a full touch screen, go for the Torch or an Android device. That is my opinion.
    10-31-10 09:17 AM
    I wouldn't waste an upgrade this late in the game. At least wait another month and see what the Storm 3 has to offer, then buy that if you want one. Right now, the S2 is nor guaranteed to get OS6 just like the 9700 isn't. Because of that, you will be short changing yourself. The only worthwhile way to get an S2 now is if you have an S1 and truly have an issue with it. If VZW was to send a replacement, it would be a 9550.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 09:20 AM
    O.K., thanx for the input. I was looking at the Torch, BUT, from what I have read, it is NOT available on Verizon.
    10-31-10 09:44 AM
    Go with another device. A year ago it was a consideration, but it is out dated now. No BB6, no webkit, low res scree, slow processor, etc.

If you want a full touch screen, go for the Torch or an Android device. That is my opinion.
    The Torch and Storms have the same screen resolution and proc speed is debatable.

10-31-10 10:18 AM
    Just remember that just because you can upgrade doesn't mean you need to right away. Spend a little time to look around and see what you can find out. Like Civic, I'd suggest waiting for a Storm3 over getting a Storm2 (although I'm perfectly happy with my S2, don't get me wrong). Hopefully we'll get real confirmation soon as to whether the Storm3 is coming or not.

10-31-10 10:46 AM
    My wife has an upgrade due in about 9 months. Will probably wait, and see if I/we can get a 2 for one deal.
    10-31-10 12:12 PM
    I wouldn't waste an upgrade this late in the game. At least wait another month and see what the Storm 3 has to offer, then buy that if you want one. Right now, the S2 is nor guaranteed to get OS6 just like the 9700 isn't. Because of that, you will be short changing yourself. The only worthwhile way to get an S2 now is if you have an S1 and truly have an issue with it. If VZW was to send a replacement, it would be a 9550.

So you think the odds are good as in 85/15 that I will get an S2 if I have to have mine replaced? Because if I'm just going to get an S1 again I won't bother.

Last edited by Razymashean; 10-31-10 at 09:26 PM.
    10-31-10 09:23 PM
    So you think the odds are good as in 85/20 that I will get an S2 if I have to have mine replaced? Because if I'm just going to get an S1 again I won't bother.

i can 100% tell you those are not the odds
    10-31-10 09:26 PM
    Yeah I know smart *** thanks for the ******* help. I don't know what I'd do without you telling me that instead of answering the question.

10-31-10 09:29 PM
    I obviously meant 85/15 but, thank you for your informative answer.

10-31-10 09:39 PM
    No need for name calling. A simple search would have netted you this. http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...rm-1-a-540798/

10-31-10 10:23 PM
    holy ****...do n00bs not have their sense of humor stolen when they sign up?
    10-31-10 10:29 PM
    You forgot the winky face. He took it seriously. lol

10-31-10 10:52 PM
    I would buy another Storm 2 if it was called the Storm 3.

10-31-10 11:55 PM
    There's no control on how dumb a user can be!
    11-01-10 07:17 AM
    There is no reason to get a S2 at this time. So No. I await the S3 and it better be awesome.
    11-01-10 07:28 AM
    There is no reason to get a S2 at this time. So No.
    +1

the frustration of being a Storm2 owner will do that to ya!!!!
    11-01-10 07:36 AM
    There is no reason to get a S2 at this time. So No. I await the S3 and it better be awesome.
    I feel, based on recent history, that awesome is setting your expectations too high! Barely adequate and 2 years out of date might cut it.
    11-01-10 07:10 PM
    Would you purchase another 9550 ??

No.
    11-01-10 09:02 PM
    You forgot the winky face. He took it seriously. lol

Yah, Cmon Matt. How you expect someone to not take YOU serially without the winky, smiley, tounge sticky outtie, freekie outtie, eye rollie face on yer posts?
    11-02-10 05:01 AM
    I just got my S2 a week ago, and can't say enough about how well I like it. Haven't played with a device with o/s 6 on it yet though. So, if S3 does make it to the streets and comes with webkit and o/s 6, I'll stick with my S2, and my Bold 9000 back up!

11-02-10 05:15 AM
    So you think the odds are good as in 85/15 that I will get an S2 if I have to have mine replaced? Because if I'm just going to get an S1 again I won't bother.

I just had my S1 replaced and they replaced it with the S2. I will upgrade when and if the S3 comes out.

Good Luck!
    11-02-10 11:13 AM
    Also just had my S1 with a S2 due to high power drain and reboot during talk time, browser and Google Map.

Likes: New buttons, cleaner aesthetic design with gunmetal bezel and black side buttons, more memory, new placement of On/Off, multi-touch Surepress, non-wobbly screen and internals.

Dislikes: stiff screen (possible refurb or multouch design; my OG S1 was smooth like butter making it much easier to type in Portrait or with one finger), browser limited to Bing sucks the big one, S1 accessories no longer fit.

Overall, not much of an improvement over a S1 and one I could do just fine without as S1 owner. It's still just a touchscreen BB where the next S3 is speculated to me more media friendly and hopefully competitive with Droid/IPhone. If you are either looking to jump into a BB Storm or a old S1 owner, best approach would be to wait, as mentioned. S1 and S2 is a fine phone, IMO, just a bit dated, particularly if looking into one now.

Gotta say I am one of those that have repeatedly said I would never be a Apple adopter, but those IPhones are really impressive in functionality and versatility. I really hope RIM catches on to the market before IPhones acquires it's own servers for emails.
    Last edited by wentouch; 11-07-10 at 02:25 PM.
    11-07-10 02:04 PM
    Thats awesome!
    11-07-10 02:05 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD