Just wondering when the S2 is launched will you be going to an actual VZW dealer or one of those third party dealers like wireless zone who carry Verizon??

I ask because I once bought from a 3rd party T-Mobile dealer at a kiosk in the mall and I had nothing but trouble with them when the phone had to be returned and when I finally got to return it they guy that did the return sent the check to his own house under his own name. Took me over a year to recieve my refund

Didnt know if the 3rd party Verizon dealers were as reputable as the actual corporate stores. Let me know. Thanks
    10-25-09 07:19 PM
    I would suggest always buying from the carrier itself and not from an authorized dealer or another 3rd party. Corporate stores are under pressure to perform and keep their customers happy whereas the others, not so much. Definitely go to a Verizon Wireless Corporate store and get your S2.
    10-25-09 07:22 PM
    I would just buy from a verizon store because you know if anything goes wrong you have customer service and its local.
    10-25-09 07:22 PM
    I always purchase from a company store. If I'm out of town and need a replacement phone, I can take care of business at any Verizon owned store. With resellers, you'll get referred back to them if you have problems.
    10-25-09 07:25 PM
    Related question. If you get one shipped from VZW and something goes wrong, can the phone be returned (exchanged) at the store?
    10-25-09 07:29 PM
    I will prob go to the corporate store. I have like 5 different places I can go to in a 2 mile area where they sell Verizon phones From Best Buy, to BJs to 2 VZW stores in the mall and the corporate store. I think I have a good shot at at least one of these places lol.
    10-25-09 07:33 PM
    Related question. If you get one shipped from VZW and something goes wrong, can the phone be returned (exchanged) at the store?
    If you get one shipped to you from Verizon's website you can return it or exchange it at one of their corporate owned stores.
    10-25-09 07:38 PM
    I've always bought mine at VZW online so I can get the instant Rebate. I always figured they would get stock before the stores. No lines, right from my easy chair, delivered right to my front door!
    10-25-09 07:39 PM
    I've always bought mine at VZW online so I can get the instant Rebate. I always figured they would get stock before the stores. No lines, right from my easy chair, delivered right to my front door!

Some of us could use the exercise of going to a store...
    10-25-09 07:48 PM
    I will be going to the Authorized Retailer in my town. They have really good customer service, and the closest Verizon Store is 30 miles away.
    10-25-09 08:20 PM
    I always buy direct
    10-25-09 08:33 PM
    I bought a phone from Wirefly and I don't think I would ever buy from another company like that again after what those troglodytes put me through.
    I canceled the line right before I moved and didn't realize I was gonna have to pay for the phone. After a couple of months they sent me a letter and claimed that they had been trying to contact me (They hadn't) because I had to pay for this phone. The fist time I had heard of this was when I got that letter. The letter was from Simplexity Wirefly's collection department. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and Simplexity agreed to give a number I could call so that I could arrange to pay for the phone. But when I called the number they gave me I got a recorded message saying that the number was a "non-connecting" number with something or other.
    If I get the S2 I will get it from Verizon or maybe Best Buy. All those other internet companies can go straight to **** as far as I'm concerned.
    10-25-09 08:41 PM
    like i tell most customers, buying from an authorized location is good and all, they can name their own prices.

however, most places cannot give NE2 credits, and returning the device can be a nightmare sometimes
    10-25-09 09:17 PM
    What about from retailers such as Best Buy, PC Richard, etc?
    10-25-09 09:18 PM
    I always buy from the Verizon Wireless Store.
    10-25-09 09:19 PM
    Curious if anyone has bought through Amazon - I'm assuming it's sales tax free which is not an insignificant amount?

Would the online route (Amazon or VZW) offer the same BOGO as the B&M Verizon store do you think.

I have to wait for BOGO anyway as I'm switching my wife and I from AT&T (finally!!!!) - so fingers crossed.
    10-27-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD