would this be stupid to think that the reason we haven't gotten an official os since .113 supposedly failed, would be that rim was to busy with app world to worry about anything else at this point in time ?
    04-01-09 01:36 PM
    Kinda... the programmers that work on the Storm won't be the same ones working on App World. It would be different departments
    04-01-09 01:39 PM
    would this be stupid to think that the reason we haven't gotten an official os since .113 supposedly failed, would be that rim was to busy with app world to worry about anything else at this point in time ?
    .113 ... official?
    04-01-09 01:40 PM
    RIM is constantly working on the OS's for all of their devices. Some take longer to get to their users than others. That and carriers release the software. RIM builds it tests it for a bit an then passes it on to their carriers for additional testing. VZW/Bell/Tellus/Vodafone are the reasons we don't have a newer OS.
    04-01-09 01:40 PM
    RIM is constantly working on the OS's for all of their devices. Some take longer to get to their users than others. That and carriers release the software. RIM builds it tests it for a bit an then passes it on to their carriers for additional testing. VZW/Bell/Tellus/Vodafone are the reasons we don't have a newer OS.
    Welcome back Valace!! Good to see you!
    04-01-09 01:41 PM
    ya i figured it would be im just trying to justify my insanity for waiting for something i already have
    04-01-09 01:42 PM
    Kinda... the programmers that work on the Storm won't be the same ones working on App World. It would be different departments
    agreed. thats like saying if wal-mart is putting out a new product today i wont be able to get my film developed because they are too busy. there are many departments i can assure you of that. so no one working on the storm os was doing the app world.
    04-01-09 01:43 PM
    Ya its been awhile. Haven't given up on the Stormlounge, just don't have the time to properly commit to it. That an Freewebs kinda bites.

Thanks for noticin.
    04-01-09 01:44 PM
    An ta think my grades had been a tad bit higher and the wife was starting to like me again over the last three weeks.

Maybe I shoulda stayed on the wagon
    04-01-09 01:46 PM
    How many "welcome back Valace" threads do you think will pop up??
    04-01-09 01:54 PM
    YES. see below.

welcome back, Valace
    04-01-09 01:56 PM
    I dunno about all that. Gotta keep a low profile for a bit .
    04-01-09 01:59 PM
    agreed. thats like saying if wal-mart is putting out a new product today i wont be able to get my film developed because they are too busy. there are many departments i can assure you of that. so no one working on the storm os was doing the app world.
    thanks for clearing that up with the world's worst analogy...and RIM has multiple departments? Frankly, I'm shocked!
    04-01-09 04:38 PM
    here's another

welcome back
    04-01-09 04:40 PM
    thanks for clearing that up with the world's worst analogy...and RIM has multiple departments? Frankly, I'm shocked!
    glad you enjoyed it! it really makes my day brighter!
    04-01-09 04:43 PM
    I'll guarantee you RIM is not working on .113, but Verizon is probably playing with it a lot.
    04-01-09 04:49 PM
    HEY WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!.. lol had to Chime in
    04-01-09 04:51 PM
    HEY WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!.. lol had to Chime in
    I would have to assume that, that was aimed at me. Thanks.
    04-01-09 04:54 PM
    simple answer, no.

RIM isn't testing .113 for approval, VZW is. so app world and testing for .113 are two separate companies. one is in canada, one is in NJ.
    04-01-09 05:36 PM
    would this be stupid to think that the reason we haven't gotten an official os UPDATE since .113 supposedly failed, would be that rim was to busy with app world to worry about anything else at this point in time ?
    Fixed. We ALREADY HAVE AN OFFICIAL OS..... It's called 4.7.0.75 - it's just that most of us tend to use a later non-official leak. Like it or not, .75 IS an OFFICIAL OS.

Sorry to rant, i'm just getting tired of people implying that the current .75 OS is in some way NOT OFFICIAL...
    04-01-09 05:38 PM
    Fixed. We ALREADY HAVE AN OFFICIAL OS..... It's called 4.7.0.75 - it's just that most of us tend to use a later non-official leak. Like it or not, .75 IS an OFFICIAL OS.

Sorry to rant, i'm just getting tired of people implying that the current .75 OS is in some way NOT OFFICIAL...
    ur srsly my new CB idol...you're a breath of fresh air after sucking the hose stuck in my exhaust after reading all the threads asking when .113 will be offical....
    04-01-09 05:40 PM

RIM is WAAAAAYYYYY ahead of this release. It was compiled a whole month ago. It's in VZW's hands now.
    04-01-09 06:55 PM
    To be completely honest, yes, its stupid

RIM has nothing to do with an OS release.
    04-01-09 07:00 PM
    RIM is WAAAAAYYYYY ahead of this release. It was compiled a whole month ago. It's in VZW's hands now.
    well, in and out as of last week. onward and upward!
    04-01-09 07:04 PM
    no im not tryin to say rim is responsible for these releases im talking about getting something else in vzw hands i know there not responsible for it ive read that plenty of times i just didn't word it right sorry for the confusion.
    04-01-09 11:04 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD