The article is a little old, (a few days) but it got me thinking.

Android BlackBerry
    08-28-10 07:48 AM
    google can keep their nasty hands off my BB
    08-28-10 08:13 AM
    google can keep their nasty hands off my BB
    LOL ...nasty little hands!
    08-28-10 08:18 AM
    The best of both worlds? I think it would be awesome as long as I can still get my emails instantly and get to keep BBM.
    08-28-10 10:49 AM
    Since I've only had my BB S2 for only 3 months or so I am sure not an expert. I'd love to have a Blackberry Android or at least an OS for my Storm that was better than .713.

Wondering if RIM even cares about the non-business market? I mean they are pretty good at what they do corporate email and business applications. That market is not going to embrace playtime on the company dime, using your BB. They are going to need to decide what they want to do and be like 5 years from now... thinking the Storm was an answer to the IPhone and not really intended to be a full blown business phone for the Corporate world.
    08-28-10 11:34 AM
    The reason why I love BlackBerry is because of the OS, I hate Android, would rather have an iPhone.
    08-28-10 11:54 AM
    What good would Android do on RIM's hardware? They are behind in that area as well.
    08-28-10 12:02 PM
    Sorry, but I like my privacy where google can't peep at it.
    08-28-10 12:15 PM
    The reason why I love BlackBerry is because of the OS
    I think you kind of hit the nail on the head on that one, can't agree with the rest of what you said.

For a long time I could not put a finger on what exactly is it that attracts me so much on a BB device. The first thing that "wow-ed" me was when I turned out my phone straight out the box. I saw the bright red "Vodafone" splash screen and then the home screen. Within a few minutes I could get around almost all the functions in the phone.

Before I go on, let me just say that during normal usage I've never experienced a lock up or a problem so bad it required a battery pull. If you read some of my past posts you'd know that my phone bricked - that was because I was installing hybrid OSes and messing around with shrinking and what not. Since then, I loaded official OS only and not a single lock-up/brick. Smooth as a pebble.

Still, I do not know how to describe the Blackberry OS. I'd be most thankful and grateful if anyone would offer some suggestions. For me, iOS is incredibly simple and dull. It turns me off even though the OS runs fluidly in general.

Now how does Blackberry OS fare? Is it logical, efficient, productive, simple yet complex.. or what? What is that magical keyword or phrase?
    08-28-10 12:25 PM
    Interesting article. I don't know if I'd like blackberry to turn into a Motorola-like company making handsets only. Perhaps RIM should experiment with 1 or 2 Droid devices and see how that goes.

Also, I worry about Google's omniscient control of user information. Totalitarian nations like China would probably love their citizens having google phones so they can keep tabs on everybody.
    08-28-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD