I would also like one I Sent you a PM. I have extra OEM doors I can send to you as well to help you somewhat make a stock.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-14-10 06:40 AM
    Looks awesome!!
    03-14-10 10:26 AM
    For those interested in doing it themselves...

Metrodecals.com sells the 3M di-noc for $9.99 for a 12x12 sheet. Shipping it comes out to like around $20. Worldwide shipping.

Carbonfibergear.com sells a 4" x 8" sample piece for $8 with FREE SHIPPING. That's the cheapest i've seen.

Somebody on the 3M di-noc facebook page did this to their Storm 1:

few more for the do it your selfers

this is the prep cleaner to use:
    eBay mobile you don't need hok but any good wax and grease remover to clean the surface.
    take off the factory coating with this:Item Detail

This to increase the effectivenes of the adsesive:eBay mobile
    03-15-10 11:25 AM
    Just did mine today. I'll throw up some pictures later. Really easy to do. i didn't cut the hole around the BB logo, but it looks cleaner without it. Texture is something to get used to. Took about 10 minutes (I cut REALLY slow, hehe)
    03-15-10 03:13 PM
    Just did mine today. I'll throw up some pictures later. Really easy to do. i didn't cut the hole around the BB logo, but it looks cleaner without it. Texture is something to get used to. Took about 10 minutes (I cut REALLY slow, hehe)
    I like the texture. You do anything else other then apply and cut? What did you do to clean and prep the metal? I'm having issues with it pealing on the corners with no prep after coming in and out of the pocket all the time. And where you put your nail to do a battery pull. Haven't had an issue when its prepped right.

I have 9530 doors already made up if anyone wants any of those. 9550 doors will be Here this week.
    03-15-10 03:27 PM
    3M does not recommend clear coating this as it does "drastically change the appearance." If you do they recommend 3M 1920DR gloss spray or Scotchgard paint protection film. Sadly, they don't have the wet CF look I wanted.
    clear costing it does give it that wet look. They don't reccomend it because it gives it that look. The point of the 3M stuff is that it has texture and has a subtle flat look. We clear them on cars all the time. Only issue is that its a pain to take off but that would just make it more durable for the phones. Plus the way I apply it its going to be on there for ever. You take it off and its bare metal underneith as I strip it all the way down for max adhesion.
    Last edited by sc3800gsx; 03-15-10 at 03:34 PM.
    03-15-10 03:31 PM
    Well after playing with the Battery door I got from sc3800gsx I have to say all went well. I got the door about 3 days after emailing him, he was in Cal, I was in NY. It really looks and feels good and the Carbon fiber adds zero bulk to the door. So far no peeling and it doesn't seem like it will happen. Its hard to describe the feel, its different but i like it. plus no worrying about the door getting scratched when set down or slid. It fits just like the stock door although the one i got had no padding on the inside but that isn't a problem for me. anything else you guys want to hear about it let me know.
    03-15-10 03:53 PM

Uncleared (left) - Cleared (right) - Cleared makes it look more "natural", more realistic like automotive carbon fiber, it hides the consistency of it. Uncleared looks to consistent to be real, but it on its on gives a cool look also. Just depends on what you want personally.

I only use the best of materials to make sure the product is quality. Thats why the price is up there. 3M vinyl, 3M adhesion promoter, House of Kolor wax and grease remover, 3M Scotch Scuff pad, and a ProSpray European automotive lacquer clear coat. There is no profit in this, started out just making a few to help the community and now everyone wants one. Just trying to get my name out there as I plan to have a bunch of BB related videos on my growing youtube channel.

Last edited by sc3800gsx; 03-15-10 at 09:47 PM.
    03-15-10 09:36 PM
    very nice! Makes me wish I didn't do the coveroo originally.
    I hope one of those cleared is mine ..checked on USPS my cover was delivered on Friday..
    03-15-10 10:08 PM
    very nice! Makes me wish I didn't do the coveroo originally.
    I hope one of those cleared is mine ..checked on USPS my cover was delivered on Friday..
    Whats your name? I only have one cleared one going out currently.

Joseph Singer Payed for a Non-Cleared one
    Nabeel Ali payed for a cleared one

Both will be going out tonight.
    Last edited by sc3800gsx; 03-15-10 at 10:32 PM.
    03-15-10 10:10 PM
    Hey, SC, the links you supplied for ebay items a couple posts back take you to iphone.ebay.com search page. No items there. Just FYI.
    03-15-10 10:48 PM
    Hey, SC, the links you supplied for ebay items a couple posts back take you to iphone.ebay.com search page. No items there. Just FYI.
    Sorry about that. I knew I shouldnt have tried to post using my iphone.
    03-15-10 10:51 PM
    I'd be interested if the bblogo was visible..
    03-15-10 11:03 PM
    your going to be rich soon off this. Good niche
    03-15-10 11:44 PM
    I'd be interested if the bblogo was visible..
    Working on that man. Within a week ill post up some with the BB logo
    03-16-10 12:07 AM
    Working on that man. Within a week ill post up some with the BB logo
    Hmm you're from SJ? I'm in hayward hook it up bro!!
    03-16-10 12:09 AM
    What are you using? Di-noc?
    03-16-10 12:10 AM
    What are you using? Di-noc?
    yes sir! but thats the easy part
    03-16-10 12:16 AM
    Hmm you're from SJ? I'm in hayward hook it up bro!!
    We should meetup when I get them in. No many people from this area huh?
    03-16-10 12:17 AM
    yes sir! but thats the easy part
    Oh, not knocking the process at all. I've heard nothing but good things about di-noc. Installation is about 90% of the final product. Lined up wrong or air bubbles and it will ruin the look.

I am really close to pulling the trigger and wrapping the roof of my car with the stuff. (Dodge Magnum)
    03-16-10 01:42 AM
    I like the texture. You do anything else other then apply and cut? What did you do to clean and prep the metal? I'm having issues with it pealing on the corners with no prep after coming in and out of the pocket all the time. And where you put your nail to do a battery pull. Haven't had an issue when its prepped right.

I have 9530 doors already made up if anyone wants any of those. 9550 doors will be Here this week.
    For prep, I just used rubbing alcohol to clean the surface. I don't use the adhesives 3M recommends. I spent a lot of time with the hair dryer on corners and it seems to work out fine. Straight razor to cut the edges. I keep mine in a case. Two days later, no problem with peeling. I would say just take your time. The more time you put in, the better it will look.
    03-17-10 03:00 AM
    So you just heat up the corners to make it stick better?
    What type of case do you use?
    03-17-10 03:33 AM
    So you just heat up the corners to make it stick better?
    What type of case do you use?
    Sorry, didn't mean case, I meant holster. I have a belt holster from Verizon used for an LG Voyager. Protects the entire back plate.

The 3M videos showed them heating up any sides when they were molding it around. I found it useful to leave about a 1/4" on each side while heating, then use a box cutter to trim it.

I still have yet to throw up some pictures, but it looks exactly like the first image.
    03-23-10 01:49 PM
    any pics of one cleared yet
    03-24-10 08:02 PM
    Damn those cleared ones look pretty good. I may have to clear mine so it matches my CF money clip better.

Would it be possible to get a shot of the cleared DiNoc next to real CF? I curious to see how close they look. I'm waiting on my 12"x48" roll to come in so I can wrap my laptop cover and build a new hookah hose haha
    03-25-10 01:48 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD