I'm really liking this look man. Pretty unique. Def gonna get with you about them. Nice job!!
    03-08-10 07:54 AM
    To the people calling it a scam...it's simply a case of getting what you pay for. There is a difference between what someone linked to and what this guy is selling. Also, even if it was a scam, I can't think of anyone going through this much effort for the sake of making a $12 profit on these things compared to what you might find on eBay.

Sounds like a case of people trying to find something to complain about. Sure, I don't like the look of the product, but that doesn't mean it's not worth the money for the people that do. He even went so far as to explain how the process is worth that kind of money. Anybody who is a car enthusiast and is familiar with how they will often do this very process with fiberglass hoods to sell them as carbon fiber replicas will tell you that it's not a simple process at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 09:11 AM
    To the people calling it a scam...it's simply a case of getting what you pay for. There is a difference between what someone linked to and what this guy is selling. Also, even if it was a scam, I can't think of anyone going through this much effort for the sake of making a $12 profit on these things compared to what you might find on eBay.

Sounds like a case of people trying to find something to complain about. Sure, I don't like the look of the product, but that doesn't mean it's not worth the money for the people that do. He even went so far as to explain how the process is worth that kind of money. Anybody who is a car enthusiast and is familiar with how they will often do this very process with fiberglass hoods to sell them as carbon fiber replicas will tell you that it's not a simple process at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1 sent a bbm request to order.
    Think someone needs to get their eyes checked if they couldn't tell the difference of the quality. sent BBM to order
    03-08-10 09:23 AM
    lol what an ***** with those links to that fake *** cf sticker bs. do you know how expensive even small pieces of something carbon fibered up are? $20 for a true cf battery cover is great. im into the car scene myself and just a cf lip is more expensive then an entire bumper
    03-08-10 01:54 PM
    I would buy it! How can I order one of those? :]
    03-08-10 02:00 PM
    I'm not sure how much business this guy wants but I can tell you so far he has been nothing but perfect to work with. He sent out my order within an hour of our first contact. These covers look awesome and the ordering process with him has been flawless. I'll be sure to let everyone know how good it looks, feels, and all when I get it. I'm guessing Wed or Thursday.
    03-08-10 02:31 PM
    did you get it cleared? waiting to see pics of a cleared one to make a decision
    03-08-10 05:11 PM
    nope, just the regular. Ask him to post some of the clear coated ones.
    03-08-10 05:13 PM
    that looks damn nice!
    03-08-10 05:16 PM
    I'm not sure how much business this guy wants but I can tell you so far he has been nothing but perfect to work with. He sent out my order within an hour of our first contact. These covers look awesome and the ordering process with him has been flawless. I'll be sure to let everyone know how good it looks, feels, and all when I get it. I'm guessing Wed or Thursday.
    looking forward to your review man.
    03-08-10 05:23 PM
    bump i'd like to see pics of the clear coated version before i make a final decision..
    03-08-10 06:42 PM
    i WOULD LIKE TO ORDER ONE..PLZ CONTACT ME... O ALSO THEY SELL THE BLACKBERRY LOGO STICKERS ON EBAY
    03-08-10 07:04 PM
    Man SC3800, business seems to be really picking up. Glad I got my order in early.
    03-08-10 07:24 PM
    I might have to put this on hold, everyone im currently dealing with we can finish up but I want to do this a little better. I honestly didnt think there would be this much interest in it, I was going to just try to help a few people out but I dont even have any battery doors to send out unless I get some sent to me.

I also found these on ebay, Blackberry 8520 8900 9630 logo sticker battery cover - eBay (item 200428842518 end time Mar-17-10 07:35:31 PDT)

It would bring the price up another $5 (my cost) but it would give it that finished look. I can even apply it under the clear so it never comes off and stays in good condition. Im going to stop taking orders for now, order some doors, get some BB decals, post up new pics of gloss and flat next to each other. Then I will do this over again. Thanks guys!
    03-08-10 10:01 PM
    Awesome! Can't wait to see some cleared covers. You definitely have my interest.
    03-08-10 10:39 PM
    Great idea to add the BB logo, makes it look more official. Can't wait to see the new covers!
    03-08-10 10:48 PM
    Yeah, I think you might be on to something here. I'm not that big of a carbon fiber fan, but if done right (which it looks like they will be), these could be very nice looking. Especially clear coated with the BB sticker. These are very tempting as a matter of fact, except for the fact I use an Epik case, and no one would ever see the neat battery door.
    03-08-10 10:57 PM
    I'm definitely interested; though I don't know if I could send you my cover. I would, however, be willing to pay more for you to get a cover, do the conversion, and send it to me. PM me with a quote?
    03-08-10 11:11 PM
    I'm definitely interested; though I don't know if I could send you my cover. I would, however, be willing to pay more for you to get a cover, do the conversion, and send it to me. PM me with a quote?
    Sending yours would be best, as it would ensure the same exact fitment as before.
    03-08-10 11:23 PM
    For those interested in doing it themselves...

Metrodecals.com sells the 3M di-noc for $9.99 for a 12x12 sheet. Shipping it comes out to like around $20. Worldwide shipping.

Carbonfibergear.com sells a 4" x 8" sample piece for $8 with FREE SHIPPING. That's the cheapest i've seen.

Somebody on the 3M di-noc facebook page did this to their Storm 1:

03-09-10 11:06 AM
    Yeah, I think you might be on to something here. I'm not that big of a carbon fiber fan, but if done right (which it looks like they will be), these could be very nice looking. Especially clear coated with the BB sticker. These are very tempting as a matter of fact, except for the fact I use an Epik case, and no one would ever see the neat battery door.
    3M does not recommend clear coating this as it does "drastically change the appearance." If you do they recommend 3M 1920DR gloss spray or Scotchgard paint protection film. Sadly, they don't have the wet CF look I wanted.
    03-09-10 11:16 AM
    pmed and am interested!
    03-09-10 10:51 PM
    3M does not recommend clear coating this as it does "drastically change the appearance." If you do they recommend 3M 1920DR gloss spray or Scotchgard paint protection film. Sadly, they don't have the wet CF look I wanted.
    What if I want to "drastically change the look?"
    03-09-10 10:59 PM
    For those interested in doing it themselves...

Metrodecals.com sells the 3M di-noc for $9.99 for a 12x12 sheet. Shipping it comes out to like around $20. Worldwide shipping.

Carbonfibergear.com sells a 4" x 8" sample piece for $8 with FREE SHIPPING. That's the cheapest i've seen.

Somebody on the 3M di-noc facebook page did this to their Storm 1:

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs438...._8017893_n.jpg
    Would look about 1000 times better if the hole was actually centered on the BB logo.
    03-09-10 11:05 PM
    Got the battery door today and it is awesome. Adds zero bulk and looks awesome. this thing is awesome.
    03-13-10 08:16 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD