I've only had my S2 a couple of months. With an EOL of 10/10/10, could I get an S3 or S2 Refresh via warranty after that? How does that work? I've never had to replace a fone through VZW, only through Asurion. But if I told them my S2 was having problems after they scrapped it, wouldn't they be obligated to give me the new device? Or an unlocked Torch?
    08-30-10 04:07 PM
    Nope gonna get a refurbed storm2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 04:15 PM
    Assuming they still have them.

BTW, they wouldn't just take your word for it, kid; they'll try to figure out what wrong with it. They would have you send whatever they sent you back and you would receive your old phone, or simply charge you for the new one.
    Last edited by CASH; 08-30-10 at 04:31 PM.
    08-30-10 04:29 PM
    I've only had my S2 a couple of months. With an EOL of 10/10/10, could I get an S3 or S2 Refresh via warranty after that? How does that work? I've never had to replace a fone through VZW, only through Asurion. But if I told them my S2 was having problems after they scrapped it, wouldn't they be obligated to give me the new device? Or an unlocked Torch?
    If there was something wrong with your S2, and Asurion was out of refurb S2's, then yes. You would get a S2R or a S3 (whichever was out at the time). When VZW replaced my S1 for the 3rd time (after phasing them out) they upgraded me to my brand new, in box, S2 free of charge. Then when i shattered the screen on my S2, Asurion replaced it with another brand new, in box S2. To further this argument, my brother lost his Tour at Disney by us here in Orlando. We called Asurion, they sent him a brand new Bold 9650 (as they were out of the Tour) in a brand new box. One was a free upgrade from VZW then a brand new replacement, and the other was a free upgrade through Asurion. So in other words, if they're out of em, you'll probably get a bump up to the newest release phone.

Now, to make a claim that your phone is broken through Asurion when it isn't is insurance fraud and a felony (I believe...Pretty sure it's not a misdemeanor).

The only way it would be considered insurance replaceable is if it is lost/stolen/screen shattered/dropped in water, etc. Please don't make me :facepalm: you when you send back a perfectly good phone and get arrested for insurance fraud lol....
    08-31-10 03:15 AM
    Penalty level depends on the state in which you live. In Missouri, Stealing is a felony when the value of the property or service exceeds $500. There are some exception to this, but $500 is the general rule.
    08-31-10 03:47 AM
    All I would have to do is drop the fone in water for the insurance to kick in. The only issue would be what they have available. This is all hypothetical BTW, and half joking. I'm not sure I'm ready to dump my S2 anyway after all the time and effort I've put into personalizing it. Especially not with that type of risk involved (destroying my baby to possibly get only a refurb).

But seriously, insurance fraud on a cell fone? Wireless providers give away millions of devices for FREE every year. They're making their money off the contracts and the insurance company is making theirs off the $5.99 every one of their customers is paying per month. I doubt they would make a big fuss over one device, especially if there is obvious water damage and no proof of anything else. I know some people are absolutely terrified of the law, but come on, this is America. And its a $500 or less electronic device not a $100,000 life insurance policy.
    Last edited by Jaji_vzw8330; 08-31-10 at 05:20 AM.
    08-31-10 05:17 AM
    Do you have a conscience? LMAO

08-31-10 09:08 AM
    I would expect a flood of warranty and insurance "claims" when a refresh is available. Very similar to the Storm2 hardware revision back in March, and Tour owners trying to get the Bold 9650.

I'm guilty, I was trying to hold out on a valid warranty claim hoping for a refreshed device, but finally couldn't take it anymore last week.
    08-31-10 10:24 AM
    Just unplug halfway though an OS upgrade, brick it, and play stupid with the rep. It will still be fixable for you if you want
    08-31-10 12:09 PM
    Assuming they still have them.
    Thy'll have them. Tours are still being swapped out with Tours.
    08-31-10 12:11 PM
    All I would have to do is drop the fone in water for the insurance to kick in. The only issue would be what they have available. This is all hypothetical BTW, and half joking. I'm not sure I'm ready to dump my S2 anyway after all the time and effort I've put into personalizing it. Especially not with that type of risk involved (destroying my baby to possibly get only a refurb).

But seriously, insurance fraud on a cell fone? Wireless providers give away millions of devices for FREE every year. They're making their money off the contracts and the insurance company is making theirs off the $5.99 every one of their customers is paying per month. I doubt they would make a big fuss over one device, especially if there is obvious water damage and no proof of anything else. I know some people are absolutely terrified of the law, but come on, this is America. And its a $500 or less electronic device not a $100,000 life insurance policy.
    And its this type of "logic" that's wrong with this country and the younger generations. Lying is lying, and stealing is stealing. The value doesn't really matter. And its not a matter of being "terrified of the law," it's a matter of having a high moral character, and a respect for the law.

And you think they don't care about one device? That it doesn't matter, won't really affect anyone else? Then answer this: Why do you think the ETF for smartphones on Verizon just went from $175 to $350? People were scamming the system. Why do you think the new Verizon policy is if you get insurance on a phone, you must keep it the length of the contract, rather than being able to cancel it when you want? Because people were scamming the system.

When enough people scam the system, and it hurts a company's bottom line, they will re-coup the costs by passing it on to the consumer, thus affecting everyone. Its the same reason why taxing businesses/corporations doesn't help the economy: Because they pass those costs onto the consumer.

$500 is chump change to Verizon and Assurion, sure. A quarter means nearly nothing to me, but If I give one quarter to a million people, I would be in debt for the rest of my life. Those corporations are no different.

Now THAT'S logic.
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 08-31-10 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors.
    08-31-10 02:26 PM
    Do you have a conscience? LMAO

Does RIM??? "We know the fone just launched less than a year ago, but so what? Screw you guys!"

But seriously, who would that be hurting?
    08-31-10 02:27 PM
    Does RIM??? "We know the fone just launched less than a year ago, but so what? Screw you guys!"

See my post above yours.
    08-31-10 02:35 PM

Read: Mr. Orange 645's post.
    08-31-10 02:50 PM
    ...Or an unlocked Torch?
    To run on...? You're profile says verizon.
    08-31-10 03:55 PM
    To run on...? You're profile says verizon.
    Yes I'm with Verizon. Obviously that was a joke. Maybe I should get an Android fone for the simple fact BB users are waayyy too uptight .
    08-31-10 04:09 PM
    And its this type of "logic" that's wrong with this country and the younger generations. Lying is lying, and stealing is stealing. The value doesn't really matter. And its not a matter of being "terrified of the law," it's a matter of having a high moral character, and a respect for the law.

And you think they don't care about one device? That it doesn't matter, won't really affect anyone else? Then answer this: Why do you think the ETF for smartphones on Verizon just went from $175 to $350? People were scamming the system. Why do you think the new Verizon policy is if you get insurance on a phone, you must keep it the length of the contract, rather than being able to cancel it when you want? Because people were scamming the system.

When enough people scam the system, and it hurts a company's bottom line, they will re-coup the costs by passing it on to the consumer, thus affecting everyone. Its the same reason why taxing businesses/corporations doesn't help the economy: Because they pass those costs onto the consumer.

$500 is chump change to Verizon and Assurion, sure. A quarter means nearly nothing to me, but If I give one quarter to a million people, I would be in debt for the rest of my life. Those corporations are no different.

Now THAT'S logic.
    Hmmmm, seems like the "older generation" forgot their history. Is this not America? Was this ENTIRE COUNTRY not stolen? After all the natives were killed off and the slaves built the country, now we need to implement morals? Gimme a break. This is satire anyway, but if a multi billion dollar corporation lost out on a couple hundred bucks, no I wouldn't care at all. Does that make me a bad person? If so, what does that make the multi billion dollar corporation that has a headquarters in a city where people go hungry every day. I have morals. They may not coincide with the hypocrites who make our laws but they're there. Even stronger too.
    08-31-10 04:14 PM
    While I do not condone cheating in any shape or form, I take issues with the statement that cheating and moral laxity is a 'new generation's' problem. People of different ages have moral scruples.

Now THAT'S logic.
    08-31-10 06:34 PM
    Well, Jaji, at least I know I can never trust you. You're justification for defrauding a company is 2 wrongs = 1 right? Seriously? Show me a hypocrite, and I'll show you a photograph of yourself. And you should really go back and read my post...stealing from even a multi-billion dollar company hurts everyone else. Think about that the next time you complain about how expensive the phones and phone plans are getting. Or the next time Verizon implements a more restrictive policy, or they're a little less open to "trusting you."

Brown_storm...uh...thanks for taking one line out of context, being insulted by something that was in no way directed at you, and missing the entire point of my post. But to explain my statement, I have witnessed a degradation in the morality of this country. It was not a statement directed at any one person or group, but was meant as an observation of how this country's moral center is shifting.

I was raised and taught that stealing, by any means, no matter who the victim is, is wrong. I'm not saying I'm perfect: I've lied, I've stolen, I've cheated. The difference is, I felt guilt afterwards. I regretted it. It has become more and more acceptable with each generation to lie, steal, and cheat. Maybe I should have said "NEWER" generations, rather than younger. I think most adults here with common sense understood what I was saying, though.

Thanks for replying though.
    08-31-10 10:44 PM
    I see, it's okay to lie, steal and cheat as long as you feel guilty afterward. Never mind making amends. I'm talking about a hypothetical situation where I'm basically asking if Asurion will replace S2s with the newer Storms once the S2 reaches its EOL while you're sitting here confessing crimes and have the nerve to point the finger at me? Okay . God bless America, home of the brave (Native Americans), land of the free (slaves).
    08-31-10 10:58 PM
    theres a phrase that comes to mind while reading all of this...i tihnk that yes they will give out the new storm when the s reaches EOL or shortly after just as with the tour and bold...but the phrase you all remind me of and i in no way suppport or say that i live by this phrase but illigal doesnt mean you cant do it it just means you cant get caught doing it...but yea this was a funny debate but dont defraud your cell company its bad
    08-31-10 11:08 PM
    Assume the answer is no. Asurion will continue to replace with Storm2 devices as long as they can get their hands on them. To think they might give you a new Storm3 is the same as gambling. And just like in gambling, the house usually wins, meaning you'd likely just be sent a S2.

Now then, be happy you got the phone you got and stop thinking ahead. Relax. Enjoy life. And if you really want a S3, then cough up the extra dough and buy it yourself. And don't forget that as soon as you buy the S3, the rumors for the S4 will start.

So seriously, don't worry about it. If something happens to your phone, that's one thing, but if it doesn't, just be happy that your phone is functioning correctly. And remember Murphy's Law, your next phone could be a lemon.
    08-31-10 11:54 PM
    I see, it's okay to lie, steal and cheat as long as you feel guilty afterward. Never mind making amends. I'm talking about a hypothetical situation where I'm basically asking if Asurion will replace S2s with the newer Storms once the S2 reaches its EOL while you're sitting here confessing crimes and have the nerve to point the finger at me? Okay . God bless America, home of the brave (Native Americans), land of the free (slaves).

I never said it was okay that I did those things. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. I was pointing out that I'm not perfect, but realize that my actions were wrong and learned from them. You on the other hand (hypothetical or not) encourage this type of behavior.

And the Native American/Slave argument does not apply here. I'm part Cherokee, and I never owned a slave. The fact that there are some dark parts in the history of this country (Less this one than others), does NOT give you the right to cheat people now.

Again, your actions affect us all. Try reading ALL my posts, and stop gleaning what you from it. I'm done with this argument. You are an overtly dishonest person, I can tell, and obviously speaking common sense to you does no good, because rather than recognizing your poor behavior, you would rather point your finger and make weak excuses to justify it. Good luck. I'll enjoy paying higher prices for everything, because of people like you.
    09-01-10 11:41 AM
    I never said it was okay that I did those things. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. I was pointing out that I'm not perfect, but realize that my actions were wrong and learned from them. You on the other hand (hypothetical or not) encourage this type of behavior.

And the Native American/Slave argument does not apply here. I'm part Cherokee, and I never owned a slave. The fact that there are some dark parts in the history of this country (Less this one than others), does NOT give you the right to cheat people now.

Again, your actions affect us all. Try reading ALL my posts, and stop gleaning what you from it. I'm done with this argument. You are an overtly dishonest person, I can tell, and obviously speaking common sense to you does no good, because rather than recognizing your poor behavior, you would rather point your finger and make weak excuses to justify it. Good luck. I'll enjoy paying higher prices for everything, because of people like you.
    You don't know a thing about me. I, on the other hand, by your own admission, know that you're a liar, a thief and a cheater. I think you need to read my opening post again and see that you owe me an apology. What are you talking about "encouraging this type of behavior?" What type of behavior am I encouraging? I asked if VZW or Asurion would replace S2s with the new Storms. So what am I encouraging? An inquisitive nature? Don't get mad at me because you jumped on here confessing all your sins like a Catholic on his death bed. My post was completely hypothetical and satirical on top of that. Why would VZW give us a Torch when they don't even carry it, oh wise Buddha? Or did that go completely over your criminal head?

And another thing, I doubt very highly that you're part Cherokee. Not only are you an admitted liar, but that is the most used cop out ever anytime someone brings up Native Americans. "I'm part Cherokee." Don't you liars know any other tribes? It's always Cherokee. Yeah right, you and Andrew Jackson are both part Cherokee .

You wanna talk about cheating? How about you cheating me out of 5 minutes of my life to respond to your nonsense? Now go illegally download a copy of the song "Kumbaya", you confused soul.
    09-01-10 01:51 PM
    Awesome

09-02-10 01:27 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD