So I went to the VZW store this evening and got to play with a Storm for a little while and I loved it. I also found out my local store has 10 to sell tomorrow morning...I can get up early if I need to and wait in line but based on what I've read the only reason for the shortage is because they have to be loaded with the new software. The guys at the store told me they were expecting a 2nd shipment as soon as Friday afternoon.

Which leads me to my question...why stand in line if lots more storms will be coming in the very near future. I would feel silly if I stood in line at 6am when its 15 degrees here in Wisconsin and by Sunday the Verizon store is stocked up with them. But my fear is what if there is a prolonged shortage...I know there isn't a way to know for sure but what do you all think? Worth it to wait in line or hope for more stock over the weekend?
    11-20-08 08:53 PM
    I think the shortage was unplanned and due to them having to upgrade software for a security issue. I do not expect a prolonged shortage
    11-20-08 08:57 PM
    15 degrees... order it from tele-sales and let FedEx brave the cold to drop it on your doorstep. Just don't leave it outside for too long.
    11-20-08 09:32 PM
    6am? ill be at mine at 5am. haha.
    than again itll only be about 65degrees here in wonderful cali haha.
    11-20-08 09:35 PM
    The local store here admits they only got 6. They say its because RIM couldn't supply in time with an update. They will go first come-first served.

They are hoping to get *some* more during the day. They don't know how many, they're hoping enough to cover the 30 people that had signed up in advance, but they will take orders, make the mail-in rebate immediate, and get Sat shipping (for $20). Orders have to be taken by 3pm to make the Saturday ship.

The store is on my way to work, so I'll stop in to see if there are less than 6 in line. ...okay, maybe I'll be there a bit earlier than normal...
    11-20-08 09:39 PM
    yeah, im starting to wonder if shooting for the $20 next day shipping charge is worth it if they will have more instock by saturday... im not gonna camp out but id be pretty mad if on saturday they get a fatty shipment.
    11-20-08 10:16 PM
    go to your local store. if they dont have them then they can ship one to you with no shipping cost. tell them that you need to dfill a storm. they'll know what you mean
    11-20-08 11:15 PM
    yeah, im starting to wonder if shooting for the $20 next day shipping charge is worth it if they will have more instock by saturday... im not gonna camp out but id be pretty mad if on saturday they get a fatty shipment.
    If you read these forums there are several people that have mentioned Saturday shipments are already planned from the dist warehouses.
    11-20-08 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD