Hi. I have a Tour now but i used to have the Storm which I loved but had to replace multiple times. I want to know if I should get the Storm2 now or wait for the next Storm. Please Help
    08-31-10 12:42 PM
    Wait for the next one.
    08-31-10 12:43 PM
    isnt the next one only going to be a refresh tho?
    08-31-10 12:48 PM
    Skip the refresh too (Storm 2.5); I'm sure it'll be just as underwhelming as it's predecessor.
    08-31-10 01:05 PM
    I really loved the surepress/suretype thing and I hear that the next one won't have it
    08-31-10 01:07 PM
    I really loved the surepress/suretype thing and I hear that the next one won't have it
    you've just been listening to the wrong people.
    08-31-10 01:13 PM
    The Storm2 is a fairly solid device, much better than S1 IMO. If you can get one for cheap and don't want/need the latest glitz and glamor, then go for it. That being said though, November (the usual launch time of new Storms) isn't too far away. If you're current device isn't busted, might want to wait and see what gets released.
    08-31-10 01:40 PM
    Do what you want, but the S2's EOL (end of life) at Verizon is 10/10/2010 (reportedly). The device is all but forgotten by RIM now anyway. I wouldn't waste your time, unless you find one used, very cheap, and not waste an upgrade for an already antiquated device.

That's what I did. I wanted to try out the Android OS, but didn't want to burn my upgrade, so I bought a used Droid A855. If I like it, I can use my upgrade later for a better Android device. If I don't like, I sell it, no loss. Thats the only scenario in which I would buy an S2 today.
    08-31-10 01:58 PM
    does anyone know if i buy the storm1 and call verizon to replace it if its "not working", then they will send me a storm2?
    08-31-10 02:47 PM
    My reply from another thread:

And its this type of "logic" that's wrong with this country and the younger generations. Lying is lying, and stealing is stealing. The value doesn't really matter. And its not a matter of being "terrified of the law," it's a matter of having a high moral character, and a respect for the law.

And you think they don't care about one device? That it doesn't matter, won't really affect anyone else? Then answer this: Why do you think the ETF for smartphones on Verizon just went from $175 to $350? People were scamming the system. Why do you think the new Verizon policy is if you get insurance on a phone, you must keep it the length of the contract, rather than being able to cancel it when you want? Because people were scamming the system.

When enough people scam the system, and it hurts a company's bottom line, they will re-coup the costs by passing it on to the consumer, thus affecting everyone. Its the same reason why taxing businesses/corporations doesn't help the economy: Because they pass those costs onto the consumer.

$500 is chump change to Verizon and Assurion, sure. A quarter means nearly nothing to me, but If I give one quarter to a million people, I would be in debt for the rest of my life. Those corporations are no different.

Now THAT'S logic.
    08-31-10 03:14 PM
    does anyone know if i buy the storm1 and call verizon to replace it if its "not working", then they will send me a storm2?
    Why would they?
    08-31-10 03:26 PM
    well didnt they stop producing the original storm?
    08-31-10 10:24 PM
    Definately wait for the next storm and i would wait for the new LTE devices coming to Verizon next year!!!!!
    09-01-10 01:42 AM
    Wow that's messed up. You shown yourself to be a dishonest person and a bit dim all in one sentence. Bravo!

First, why would you try lie to get something your not entitled too? Basically that would be stealing. Did you steal your bike also?

And why would you think that VZW would be ignorant enough to allow you to do such a thing?

Like Mr Orange put it, People like you force company's to recoup their losses by passing them on to people like me. Please read his post a few times and reevaluate your priorities. It's a phone your talking about, not food to feed your hungry family. Is it really worth being a liar or a cheat to get a slightly better phone?
    09-01-10 08:16 AM
    Wow that's messed up. You shown yourself to be a dishonest person and a bit dim all in one sentence. Bravo!

First, why would you try lie to get something your not entitled too? Basically that would be stealing. Did you steal your bike also?

And why would you think that VZW would be ignorant enough to allow you to do such a thing?

Like Mr Orange put it, People like you force company's to recoup their losses by passing them on to people like me. Please read his post a few times and reevaluate your priorities. It's a phone your talking about, not food to feed your hungry family. Is it really worth being a liar or a cheat to get a slightly better phone?
    A bit harsh, but so very true! Verizon isn't going to give away anything for nothing, so the cost of all those returns are passed on to everybody else!
    09-01-10 08:52 AM
    I would get a driod u can. As soon as my contract is up I leaving BB. To many problems and RIM is just behind the curve.

The driod does so much more and better.
    09-01-10 10:12 AM
    Droid phones are too big for me.. Ive played with my friends Droid and it was too large and I wouldnt be used to it.. Also, i would miss BBM too much
    09-01-10 11:06 AM
    Droid phones are too big for me.. Ive played with my friends Droid and it was too large and I wouldnt be used to it.. Also, i would miss BBM too much
    The Droid Incredible is thinner, lighter, and more compact than even your Curve is now. If it were me I would get the Incredible, better hardware and better software.

Pingchat and Google Talk are both suitable replacements for BBM and don't count as text messages either.

I would not under any circumstances pick up a Storm 2 right now. It can not even run OS 6 properly.

The Storm 3 will have the 5MP camera, and 512MB of app memory but basically be the same device the Storm 2 is. It should be out before Xmas. If you stick with a Blackberry go with the S3.
    09-01-10 11:19 AM
    I was a bit harsh and I apologise.

As for the recommendation of getting a droid- I wouldn't advise it. If you really desperately want one then buy a s3 and pick up a used droid. Literally every single android phone I can think of will work as an entire phone on wifi. So you can pay $100 a month and have a s3 and a droid or pay $100 a month for a droid. The s3 has mobile hot spot and with google voice you have SMS and voice calls over wifi. I personal don't see a reason to have one on contract when you can have the exact same phone and features without a contract. But I also live in a college town with wifi everywhere I go.

Even if you only have wifi in your house then use your android as a home phone. Its what a few of my friends and family members are doing. If your gonna pay for a phone on contract might as well make it a phone that actually requires one to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 11:37 AM
    the apology is accepted and i have decided to wait for the S2 refresh to come out and if i feel that it is not worth the upgrade then i will wait for the S3 thats supposedly an LTE device
    09-01-10 02:12 PM
    I think you'll be happy with that choice.

I am probably going to do the same thing. I have an upgrade the first of Oct. And some reports are saying it might be March before we see the LTE storm. So if I don't hear proof that the LTE is coming in Nov. By the time the refresh comes out then I'm gonna forget it and use my upgrade on the refresh. My wife wants my S2 to replace her S1 any way.

Also I can't picture them releasing 2 storms a month apart from each other.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD