I have a 8320 thats pretty beat up and an upgrade available. I've been looking into getting the storm 2 and when I went to best buy yesterday to pick one up because they were offering it for FREE they told me that they were out of stock in all stores and that it had been deleted out of their systems. Could this mean that it is going to be discontinued soon and if so is it still worth using my upgrade to get one since its been out so long now?
    05-14-10 12:02 PM
    It amazes me how short the life cycle is on smartphones when just over 6 months = "it's been out so long now". You may want to see what the new Bold is like. I went to S1 from Storm, and while it's definitely better, I wasn't wowed.
    Last edited by plkcable; 05-14-10 at 12:09 PM.
    05-14-10 12:06 PM
    Well if Best Buy isn't carrying it anymore then I'm going to assume its been out pretty long.
    05-14-10 12:07 PM
    it was released in Nov 09... how is that long?

anyway.. I called my local BestBuy and they have lots of them in stock... and its also online. So your store may have been out of them, but he was being lazy and didnt feel like checking anywhere else.
    05-14-10 12:20 PM
    it was released in Nov 09... how is that long?

anyway.. I called my local BestBuy and they have lots of them in stock... and its also online. So your store may have been out of them, but he was being lazy and didnt feel like checking anywhere else.
    Hmmmmm, Thanks for the research Static
    05-14-10 12:26 PM
    The Blackberry Storm2 is a great phone. The reason why I got it was because I can browse the web better and I can watch movies on the go. Not many people are touch screen fans. Yes, you do get used to it but I couldn't wait for the 9700 any longer and in Los Angeles, verizon is the best route to go reception wise. Only problem I have is that the battery life is not that good but what do you expect, 3g, huge screen will drain it compared to other blackberries. I recommend for you to play around with the Storm2 and the Tour 9650 if you want to be loyal to RIM. Based on how comfortable you are with the phones you will know what to get.
    05-14-10 12:28 PM
    np... I have had my fair share of ***** salespeople. One guy AT Verizon near me got fired because the crap he was doing.

I wanted to renew and get new phones (years ago) he insisted that we HAD to get NEW contracts and could not just re-sign. Well i was like now way... (we had good prices). so we kept our phones.

4 months later circuit-city called and asked if we wanted new phones... we were up for a renew. I explained what that VZ guy said and CC guy said um no... that was a lie. I Know who you are talking about - he was fired.

Since then I do NOT trust the first place i call when it sounds fishy like that.

@luke - My S2 battery is quite good after the .607 update. I can go a few days on regular use before a recharge. (Web browser, some calls, some emails, some texts, twitter, facebook... etc)
    05-14-10 12:30 PM
    Ok now I'm confused, I called best buy mobiles 800 number and they told me also that the storm2 was disabled in the system and it's not on their website anymore either....
    05-14-10 12:48 PM
    Ok now I'm confused, I called best buy mobiles 800 number and they told me also that the storm2 was disabled in the system and it's not on their website anymore either....
    I just checked bestbuy.com as well, and I only see the Curve 8530 black/violet
    05-14-10 12:51 PM
    Verizon is still carrying the S2, and I don't really think it'll be discontinued too soon...a lot of people really love the S2, and it'll probably be awhile before the rumored S3 shows up for purchase. I feel like the S2 was well worth the $50 I paid.

I love my S2; I came from a BB Pearl 8130 to the S2 when I was eligible for New Every 2. It only took me a couple days to get used to the touchscreen, and I love having a much larger screen that I can use vertically or horizontally. The browser on the S2 is so much faster than my Pearl 8130. On my old 8130, I downloaded the Opera Mini browser because the native browser was just too slow on some things. I haven't even bothered to download Opera Mini on my S2, because the native browser is quite speedy in comparison to my Pearl. I used to have to do a lot of battery pulls with my Pearl also; with the S2 I haven't needed to do that at all yet. I'm very impressed with this phone. I'm running .607, and haven't even had any issues with it thus far.

I know VZW offers a 30-day return policy if you end up not being happy with the phone you get. If you get it and don't like it, just return it within that 30-day period, and choose another phone.

Also, right now on wirefly.com, you can upgrade to the S2 for only $19.99 with a contract renewal.
    Last edited by stang.girl; 05-14-10 at 01:01 PM.
    05-14-10 12:55 PM
    I feel like the storm 2 is a good upgrade 4 anybody. But that's just my opinion.
    05-14-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD