Okay so this is my fourth storm.. My previous three having random restarts, the clear/menu key not working, and my last storm having a problem of hearing me on the phone

With the first two I called in and they mailed me what I think were refurbished but my last phone I went into the store and I saw them take a new box out...but what do ya know I have dust under my screen.. Quite a big clump in the middle which is pretty noticeable

The thing is when I went to the store the lady offered me to get another phone and this is the last replacement they will offer.. I feel like its a bluff and if I call in they would send me a new phone
    The only thing I don't want is a refurbished phone though... Thoughts anyone please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 09:28 AM
    I don't know how they can deny you a new phone if the issues you are having with them are not user error.

And IMHO, sometimes refurbished is better. Usually the issues with a refurb have been repaired beforehand which may reduce your chances of having to return it again. I do however, understand wanting a new device as well since that is what you originally paid for.

I would not hesitate to return it if I was not happy with it.

03-23-09 09:36 AM
    Hmm that's a good point...thanks!

03-23-09 09:39 AM
    You are welcome ashineh.

03-23-09 09:42 AM
    Keep in mind alot of it could seriously just be Software related issues in which no matter how many You go through you are going to run into the same problem...

in the Retail channel of Verizon they have very strict rules with what they can do for you... They aren't trying to be difficult, they're just not going to risk they livelihood for you....

If anyone blame BlackBerry for Poor QA and Poor Software...

But just be optimistic it will be getting better...

Good Luck
    03-24-09 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD