Is it worth going to the Storm from the 8900? I am currently on AT&T and from what I've heard, the EDGE is faster on the 8900 than on usual EDGE devices, so the Storm would be slower at EDGE than my curve.

Will I miss the keyboard speed or will it take some time to get used to on the Storm?

Other than that, anything else that will change besides touchscreen/surepress?
    02-07-09 06:12 PM
    I suggest you go the Verizon store and experience it for yourself; those are questions we can't answer for you.
    02-07-09 06:18 PM
    I would stick with the Curve
    02-07-09 06:31 PM
    Well which do you think looks better aesthetically? I've tried the Storm but still need a second opinion on this
    02-07-09 10:08 PM
    If you want to give up your Wi-Fi.
    02-07-09 10:10 PM
    IMHO Storm looks much better but you are asking a biased group. I don't care much for the Curve.

If you've read the Storm forum much then you'll know if you're ready to have one. OS is still a little buggy but improving. I love the phone anyway. If you want something that is "perfect" out of the box then the Storm isn't for you.
    02-07-09 10:19 PM
    I have had a Curve and a Bold (not for much longer though) AND a Storm and each has its bonuses. The Storm looks excellent and I love the look, feel and weight. However having a keypad is always nice too...I would try it out first and then decide.
    02-07-09 10:28 PM
    i would take the 30 day no-worry guarentee from verizon...give the storm a go for awhile, if its not for you...then so be it....

i love the storm, i also love the curve. but the curve is old. the 8900 is very nice. So its tough, but i really love the touch screen. I would have to say its up to you. give it a try
    02-07-09 10:28 PM
    the curve is too small. the storm has the perfect size and weight.
    02-07-09 10:30 PM
    Storm is an excellent device. .99 is very solid so far and will only get better. i had an 8130, then an 8330, now the storm. Wi-Fi isnt all that, especially not if you will be using the VZW network. If you stick with AT&T, that may be different. The storm just has so much potential, i imagine it shaping up to be an excellent device. Ive had the storm since the verizon release, and wouldnt go back.

good luck with your decision
    02-07-09 10:31 PM
    I suggest you go the Verizon store and experience it for yourself; those are questions we can't answer for you.
    That may not be the best advice. Most of the Storms at Verizon stores are so abused, it's hard to walk away with a good impression.
    02-07-09 10:36 PM
    Really depends on what you use it for pleasure or work. The storm is a great phone and in time will become more of a work horse than the curve, but for right this moment the curve is the best work phone. IMO
    02-07-09 10:59 PM
    Let me clarify:

I have AT&T and do not plan on going anywhere for a test, run, or whatever.
    I use internet and text a whole LOT!
    I base phones more on form over function because I like the eye-catching type.
    02-07-09 11:05 PM
    I miss my curve. I type like. Beast with my cur w. I can stiLl type with why storm though but its a bit slower.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 11:07 PM
    Let me clarify:

I have AT&T and do not plan on going anywhere for a test, run, or whatever.
    I use internet and text a whole LOT!
    I base phones more on form over function because I like the eye-catching type.

you are posting on a BB storm forum, you are going to get a biased response from people telling you to get the storm. If you don't test it out for yourself, then your not being smart. You can't base your decision on what people who own and love the phones want. it has to do with what you need. The phone has its faults but it also has its greatnesses.

if your not willing or aren't planning on trying out the phone for yourself, then i don't know what to tell you.
    02-07-09 11:09 PM
    I have both. The 8900 is faster on EDGE than the 9530. I really like the size and weight of the Storm but its not a work horse IMHO. I clack out on my curve all day every day and it get the job done. The Storm for playing movie trailers, music and some calls and txts. I'm still babying the Storm but monday i'll leave my 8900 at home and see if the Storm can hack it.
    02-07-09 11:16 PM
    Let me know bajan how it holds out and also when I mean not going anywhere for a test, run, I actually mean I'm not going to sign a contract somewhere and do the 30-day thing. I'll still try the phone (I already have) but I need a second opinion from those that have used both extensively and text a lot!
    02-07-09 11:29 PM
    As said, it is still going to come down to personal preference. If you are looking for a phone to type 50 wpm on, the Storm isnt it. Its just not that fast YET.

Youve also contradicted yourself in this post. You said you are looking for form over function earlier, now you are looking for the better texting phone. Decide on what you are looking for in a phone. You want a phone that can spit out emails and texts all day as fast as you can type, stick with your curve. You want some "bling" and a big shiny touchscreen, then go with the Storm.

Everyone can give you their opinion, but none of it matters until youve tried both phones and see for yourself.
    02-07-09 11:36 PM
    Will do. Don't get me wrong the Storm is awesome but the 8900 is awesomer. LOL. The 8900 beats the Storm as a blackberry is every department. Faster EDGE, stable OS, NO lag. Solid keyboard. Man the 8900 is IT.
    02-07-09 11:40 PM
    Well I consider the 8900 to be a good formed phone too. Very nice chrome accents, better than the one on the Bold. Keyboards will always trump touchscreens so that answers one of my questions.
    02-07-09 11:44 PM
    I finally got my 8900 and my storm has hit the gutter somewhat, I've never been a fan of wi-fi because in all honesty it's useless, If I'm near somewhere with Wi-Fi I'll just pull out my MBP, speaking strictly on a EDGE network I'd go with the 8900 just because of the browser data compression changes to speed up web pages. But honestly I'd go with a Bold for 3G HSDPA network coverage, can't beat that if you're on AT&T.
    02-08-09 12:52 AM
    ATT bold for the win.
    02-08-09 12:56 AM
    I had a curve before the storm and I seriously can't go back to a curve. I type faster on my storm then on the curve or pearl.

02-08-09 01:54 AM
    Hmm. The bold is an option now I guess.

02-08-09 06:55 AM
    Stick with the 8900. Best cell phone decision you'll make.

02-08-09 08:22 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD