So now I need to twist the phone to get the backlight to turn on, it blinks when I type etc... I have the insurance, but $50 to get another Storm does not sound like a great deal to me? I wanted to wait and see if VZW was going to get any of the Dell platforms like the Mini5 or any other large screen handset and then use my new every two thing...

So I am in limbo, what to do, what to do...get another Storm for $50 and wait till something better comes out or just deal with ole "blinky"?
    05-08-10 01:32 PM
    getting a storm for 50$ not a good deal...WOW...are you guys really that spoiled in the states?
    05-08-10 01:46 PM
    Spoiled how?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 03:53 PM
    Rider-on-the-storm,

I understand your dilema. Myself, I would go ahead and get another Storm, but only you can decide whether it's worth 50 bucks to you to rid yourself of "ole blinky"...

getting a storm for 50$ not a good deal...WOW...are you guys really that spoiled in the states?
    shankeith,

Yes, as a matter of fact, we really are that spoiled in the states (and we prefer it that way)!

Riding the Storm Out
    05-08-10 03:54 PM
    $50bucks is not that bad. I have to pay 80bucks for mine. Idk if vzw will allow you to exchanges the bb s1 for different phone model. If I complaint enough (valid complaint enough I would be able to get different model).

05-08-10 04:00 PM
    Well, does anybody know if it could be a cable connection or plug that I can fix myself?

I am going to warranty it I guess, I have a 3rd party insurance and I guess they will want to know if the phone was dropped etc? (?)
    05-08-10 04:00 PM
    So you haven't tried fixing it? If not then wipe the bb OS and reinstall the OS. If your bb is covered with lost/stolen, for same amount then report it as lost/stolen and you get to keep the battery ect...

05-08-10 04:03 PM
    Certainly sounds like it could be a connection of somekind but I haven't heard of one affecting the backlight. Are we talking about the light behind the buttons or the screen itself. If it's just the buttons then it most likely is a connection...simple to fix.
    05-09-10 01:43 PM
    If your bb is covered with lost/stolen, for same amount then report it as lost/stolen and you get to keep the battery ect...
    What if he has a conscience and would feel bad about committing insurance fraud, even if he isn't caught?

If you'd sell your soul for a BlackBerry battery and charger, what would your sister do for fifty bucks?
    05-09-10 08:21 PM
    What if he has a conscience and would feel bad about committing insurance fraud, even if he isn't caught?

If you'd sell your soul for a BlackBerry battery and charger, what would your sister do for fifty bucks?
    She would drive me to your sister house

05-09-10 08:24 PM
    I would go for the new storm for 50 bucks. Well at least until the S3 comes out. If you can hold out that would be my best solution. I personally think the S2 isn't much better than the first one. I'm holding out for the S3.

Or you can get the new storm from insurance and then sell it when the 9650 or the 9100 comes out.

05-09-10 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD