Guys,

I a wanted to see other peoples feed back. I am a Sprint user and I am contemplating moving to Verizon just for the Storm. Would you guys say that its worth it? I have read a lot of mixed reviews on the phone. I would also like to know how is the service/customer service with Verizon?

Thank you in advanced for all your feed back.

Javi
    03-01-09 08:17 AM
    Of course it's worth it! Just stay away from the original 0.75 OS. Download the latest leak - .109. I LOVE my Storm. It beats my iPod Touch in almost everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 08:44 AM
    Should I try the new software bc I make my decision ? Is it a huge difference

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 08:51 AM
    I didn't have success with the Storm, but that doesn't mean you won't. Lots of members don't have return-worthy issues and are happy with it.

Can comment on VZW tho, have been with them since 1995 or so. I've found them to be very accommodating and helpful. For cell service, I have zero complaints. (Which is why I'm waiting for Bold or new Curve to come to VZW, won't switch carriers because I'll probably be let down.) I go back home a lot (very rural area, lots of farms). Have to drive through two states to get there and in all that travel only hit one minor dead zone when getting closer to home that all users, no matter the carrier, experience. But once I'm there I've always received a great signal on VZW in areas that are dead zones or sketchy-at-best coverage on other carriers that local friends/family use. I will note I did see sketchier signal strength on the Storm once at the farm, which I've not encountered on any prior phones. (However Storm was first smartphone, all prior phones were just standard issue flip phones.) Often had to stand near a certain window in the house, or certain spot in the yard to get more bars. But out and about in hilly woods or fields, no problems.

Oh, and they might have improved it a lot since, but I signed up for share plan when it first came out years ago and billing was a nightmare, costs on secondary line went through the roof because of the way they shared minutes. So unless that's not the case anymore, I'd steer clear of that plan. We just keep each of our phones on their own individual plan, no billing issues.
    Last edited by periwinklemoon; 03-01-09 at 09:35 AM.
    03-01-09 09:31 AM
    I have had mine since mid January. I am still running .75 and have had not issues todate. I did some the tips and tricks listed on this site and have great success.
    03-01-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD