I have my Storm for a week now and love it. (While I just registered here today, I did check this forum out before pulling the trigger; I switched from a Motorola Q and was a member at everythingQ.com)

I installed the Blackberry Desktop manager so I can synch my contacts and it's working fine.

I don't know what I gain if I install the VZ Access Manager. I'm hesitating for 2 reasons.

1. My laptop has a wireless PC card that was configued with VZ Access manager and I don't want to cause a conflict.
    2. I don't trust Verizon and I suspect that I'll end up getting charged for vCast if I install it. From reading the Storm guide, it appears that vCast is the only feature I'd gain.

Am I just paranoid? Is there any value to me to install it?
    02-28-09 11:32 AM
    Very paranoid, my friend. None of this actually has the slightest thing to do with VCAST. I set these up for a living, and all VZAM is going to do is allow your device to be tethered (used as a modem). If you've configured VZAM to be used with a wireless card, well then, unless you're paying for Mobile Broadband Connect on your BlackBerry, there's no need to install it. if you do want to do want to use Mobile Broadband Connect, you'll want to check with us first to determine pricing/provisioning options on the account/network side, then we can help you install and configure VZAM for your BlackBerry.
    02-28-09 12:13 PM
    Very paranoid, my friend. None of this actually has the slightest thing to do with VCAST. I set these up for a living, and all VZAM is going to do is allow your device to be tethered (used as a modem). If you've configured VZAM to be used with a wireless card, well then, unless you're paying for Mobile Broadband Connect on your BlackBerry, there's no need to install it. if you do want to do want to use Mobile Broadband Connect, you'll want to check with us first to determine pricing/provisioning options on the account/network side, then we can help you install and configure VZAM for your BlackBerry.
    truth.. only does tethering
    02-28-09 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD