I called a total of 5times, all reps had the exact same sh*t to say about codes not being available
    11-21-08 11:24 PM
    Here's some more proof.. I had posted earlier that I had done it, but couldn't get the pics up cause I was at a wedding....
    11-21-08 11:26 PM
    Out of place question but a VZ Storm is 500 out of pocket, how much is a unlocked Vodafone Storm?
    11-22-08 12:16 AM
    Out of place question but a VZ Storm is 500 out of pocket, how much is a unlocked Vodafone Storm?
    I saw one on E-bay for $1150. That was a "Buy Now" deal.
    11-22-08 03:16 AM
    Girlfriend would kill me and grind my bones to make bread if I spent that much
    11-22-08 03:26 AM
    its on and I just placed a call, can someone tell me where to get a screen shot app
    CaptureIt.com - or somthing similar to that. Great app.
    11-22-08 04:24 AM
    are there different codes per each phone or can one code be used multiple times?

What info did they ask you for when you called? Did you just tell them your situation(traveling) and they sent u the number or u had to verify who you were with them and so on
    11-22-08 04:40 AM
    are there different codes per each phone or can one code be used multiple times?

What info did they ask you for when you called? Did you just tell them your situation(traveling) and they sent u the number or u had to verify who you were with them and so on
    Different codes for different phones. The unlock is based on the individual IMEI of your phone.
    11-22-08 05:31 AM
    have the account holder call and ask for global support and tell them you don't want to use verizon's international sim, but your own european one, these where my original intentions as I have a trip planned for the holidays, the att and tmobile sims working is a plus.
    11-22-08 06:09 AM
    have the account holder call and ask for global support and tell them you don't want to use verizon's international sim, but your own european one, these where my original intentions as I have a trip planned for the holidays, the att and tmobile sims working is a plus.
    Tried this multiple times, even with your exact wording. They wont give it out. They say we dont have them yet.
    11-22-08 08:30 AM
    I KNEW it would work. Glad someone did it! thats for all the people who said it wouldnt. not that hard , get unlock code , set the data settings on phone , pop in sim card , resend serice books .... good to go
    11-22-08 09:48 AM
    Wouldn't Vodaphone 3g work for tmobile customer's here is the US?
    11-22-08 10:20 AM
    i called global support earlier today. The guy told me that the codes weren't available yet, but to call back in 2-3 weeks. this was the same department that helped me unlock my 8830 last month. i guess i'll have to be patient
    11-22-08 10:28 AM
    Hmmm it seems even if you were able to get it to work on AT&T you can't take advantage of all the features?
    11-22-08 10:32 AM
    I was able to get it unlocked, here is the proof on my thread :

TMO on Storm
    11-22-08 11:40 AM
    Hmmm it seems even if you were able to get it to work on AT&T you can't take advantage of all the features?
    It looks like others have done the samething and its working only on EDGE
    11-23-08 05:17 PM
    Anyone who knows anything about cell phones knows that it's complete BS when they tell you they don't have the codes. It's just a mathematical formula. The unlock code is derived from your ESN. All they have to do is put the ESN into a converter and it spits out the unlock code. It's so simple a monkey could be trained to do it. VZW wants to stall as many customers as it can from getting the code until they are locked into contract and unable to back out. Just like every service provider, VZW does not want to lose revenue by unlocking your phone so you can go to another carrier. It's one of the best measures of control they have over you. Andm, just so you know, this code can be used to make the phone work on other CDMA networks as well if you know what you're doing.
    11-24-08 10:09 AM
    when i purchased my phone fri morn, the rep offered to unlock my phone if i was going over seas anytime. i told her no, because i don't travel but she said i could call back any time and have her unlock it. so i don't know why they won't give you the unlock codes...
    11-24-08 10:52 AM
    when i purchased my phone fri morn, the rep offered to unlock my phone if i was going over seas anytime. i told her no, because i don't travel but she said i could call back any time and have her unlock it. so i don't know why they won't give you the unlock codes...
    She probably meant "unlock it to Vodaphone" which is Verizon's European partner. This is what they will offer to do for you first. It's unlocking it for ALL carriers that they are pushing back against.
    11-24-08 11:24 AM
    I would rather get the Vodafone 9500. That version is 100% GSM plus CDMA and has been proven to work 100% unlock with the carriers here.
    11-24-08 11:36 AM
    Could you not get it unlocked using some other online source?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 12:27 PM
96 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD