So I finally figured out how to get the YouTube app to work with my O2 blackberry contract.

Installing YouTube from the App Centre always caused the YouTube app to freeze at "Connecting" and nothing ever happened. There was obviously some setting that wasn't letting it acces with my O2 sim. Maybe some vodafone lock?

Anyway, I tried an OTA install of the YouTube app via the Crackberry 3rd party OTA thread and it worked first time! Result!
    02-16-09 01:25 PM
    So I finally figured out how to get the YouTube app to work with my O2 blackberry contract.

Installing YouTube from the App Centre always caused the YouTube app to freeze at "Connecting" and nothing ever happened. There was obviously some setting that wasn't letting it acces with my O2 sim. Maybe some vodafone lock?

Anyway, I tried an OTA install of the YouTube app via the Crackberry 3rd party OTA thread and it worked first time! Result!
    wow...you really get your storm runs on O2? i was trying to get my storm ran on O2 ireland previously, and i was waiting a whole day to get the service book sent to my Storm, but to no avail. I later contacted their customer services...and suddenly they said to me O2 doesn't support BB storm. i was like...ahhhh!!!

i then cancelled my contract with them...just after one day of signing it

now i am back with Meteor Ireland...and enjoying my storm thru wap services (have to set up manually though )...so no BB email, no BB messenger, no BB browser. but luckily thru the wap serivces i can still have my gmail, gmap, opera mini, and viigo to work. So still happy!!

anyway...back to topic...good to hear you can enjoy your youtube now
    02-21-09 09:07 PM
    No... worked a treat. Logged into o2email.co.uk and hit resend service books and all hunky dory.
    02-22-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD