Actually, I think the root of the problem lies with receiving a message when a bluetooth connection is active. I had this happen to me last night when I was on a call, got a message, then disconnected and turned off the headset. Even after reading the message and with the headset off, I was getting the flashing blue/red. I did a battery pull and that cleared it - since then messages have been working fine, and I also took a few calls on the headset and that was fine... But I haven't yet gotten a message with the headset connected to see if I can replicate the problem according to my theory.
    i agree with you tucker973.
    I was connected to my stereo headset via bluetooth listening to music. i then got a msg in bb messenger (the alert sounded from the phone speakers). When i disconnected my bluetooth after this, the led would switch between blinking red/blue/red/blue... even turning the Powering Down would not make the blinking stop. I had to do a battery pull to fix it.
    01-13-09 05:42 PM
    LOL at Electical tape. Would that not make my phone look cheap? LOL
    You could use the fancy kind. You know, the good stuff. Then people wouldn't think you cheap at all.

Or, you could slap a sticker from your favorite skate/shoe/car/computer/etc. company or something over it. Then people would think you had tons of money if you were being so cavalier with a $500 phone. (Fake Swarovski crystals could be used, for a girlier effect, I suppose).

Heck- you could even just go with it...tell people you downloaded the latest app: Disco LED. All the cool kids have it, you know.
    01-13-09 06:51 PM
    I had the same problem with the red light, blue light. I turned off the bluetooth indicator and did a battery pull. So far it seemed to work. Thanks for the tip.
    01-13-09 07:26 PM
    I had a similar issue, however, when I shut my phone off the devil LED continued its seizure.

Yes it was off.

2 battery pulls later and no reoccurrence.
    01-13-09 07:35 PM
    What did you do besides go back to .85? If nothing you're not too bright.

I have the same problem. Even with bluetooth off, it was flashing like crazy. Ended up going back to .85

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 07:49 PM
    just happened to me tonight while receiving a message while on my bluetooth headset. Same thing, did a battery pull and havent gotten it back yet, as i haven't been on my bluetooth since either.
    01-13-09 10:43 PM
    Thank you very much Albertdc. Your method worked great. I just tested it out and it works. Only on .86 did I ever experience this problem. My LED's would start to go crazy after I turned my BT off and disabled BT. Having the red msg indicator is much more valuable then having the blue LED on for BT.
    01-16-09 07:17 PM
    LED problem fixed, reinstalling the firmware 086. now, it work great...solve battery problem too. Is it coincidence??? or fact? Anyone try this method?
    01-16-09 08:13 PM
    i have my phone set on auto off, and when its charging the lights do not stop flashing after reaching 100%, and doesn't stop flashing after removing the charging cable, i have to do a battery pull to get it to stop.
    01-16-09 09:03 PM
    Turning off the BT notification and then a battery pull
    solved this problem for me. Not a big hardship
    because I always end up turning the BT LED off
    when I am in dark place anyway - much too bright.

Now if they could just get the audio back on my BT headphones when I
    am watching video I would be content.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 09:13 PM
    LED problem fixed, reinstalling the firmware 086. now, it work great...solve battery problem too. Is it coincidence??? or fact? Anyone try this method?
    I ended up doing a complete wipe with JL_Cmder and re-installing 86 and the problems also went completely away. Overall the performance, battery life, and camera change have been wonderful.
    01-16-09 09:22 PM
    At first I thought it was cool that now the LED would alternate between red and blue to let me know both bluetooth and email notification was working. But it then went haywire with the yellow and green going off too. Turning off Bluetooth LED and reboot seems to have fixed it for me too.

Update: I think there are 2 different LED problems. One with the bluetooth, and one with the yellow/green charging light (stays on even after unplug). Not sure how to fix the charging light problem without a battery pull.
    Last edited by vdiesel; 01-17-09 at 05:00 PM.
    01-16-09 09:37 PM
    I had this same problem too. But now it came back in a new way. Just now my Storm beeped at me that the battery was low, and the green LED began flashing. A minute later I received a message, and the LED alternated between red and green. I checked the message, cleared the new message alert, but the LED remained blinking red and green. Only a battery pull stopped the red from blinking, but I still have the green blinking due to the low battery.
    It would appear to be then, when an LED notification is active, and a second notification takes place, the LED keeps notifying of two events, even when one of the events is cleared. Hmmmm.
    Last edited by mightybrick; 01-16-09 at 11:39 PM.
    01-16-09 11:37 PM
    These flashing LEDs are driving me crazy...I guess I'll have no choice but to shut off the BT notification even though I constantly use it.

I had another flashing LED issue while charging my storm. I unplugged it while it was charging (and the device was off at the time). Even after unplugging it, the green led kept flashing and the Verizon Screen of Death came on. Only a battery pull resolved the issue.

While some things seem snappier w/ .86, I seem to notice more BB loading clocks, more required battery pulls, and non stop LED flashing. As far as I'm concerned, 86 has been a significant step down in terms of stability. I plan on downgrading to 85 later today.
    01-17-09 10:04 AM
    I noticed the crazy LED after installing .86 - it blinked incoherently blue and red even though there were no new messages. I did some testing and, at least for me, the bluetooth notification LED is the root of the problem. I turned off the notification under bluetooth options and THEN REBOOTED (won't fix the problem without the reboot). I then left the bluetooth LED notification OFF. This was yesterday - no crazy LED since then. The LED blinks red like it is supposed to when I get a new message, and then stops blinking red once the message is checked. (I also have the LED off while charging and OFF for within network).

So, yes, it sucks to no longer have the blue LED notifying that my bluetooth is connected, but you can see that it is by looking for the little double arrow next to the bluetooth symbol on the homescreen (Next to 1XEV in portrait, below 1XEV in landscape). BUT, at least this way the RED notifier LED works properly, and that is more important than having a screwy LED that tells you nothing. Hopefully this will get fixed with the next release.

How many people with this problem had the LED notification set to on for bluetooth? Better yet, has anyone had the crazy LED problem WITHOUT having the bluetooth LED notification set to on?
    Thanks, albertdc!
    This was driving me crazy!
    01-25-09 09:18 PM
    I noticed the crazy LED after installing .86 - it blinked incoherently blue and red even though there were no new messages. I did some testing and, at least for me, the bluetooth notification LED is the root of the problem. I turned off the notification under bluetooth options and THEN REBOOTED (won't fix the problem without the reboot). I then left the bluetooth LED notification OFF. This was yesterday - no crazy LED since then. The LED blinks red like it is supposed to when I get a new message, and then stops blinking red once the message is checked. (I also have the LED off while charging and OFF for within network).

So, yes, it sucks to no longer have the blue LED notifying that my bluetooth is connected, but you can see that it is by looking for the little double arrow next to the bluetooth symbol on the homescreen (Next to 1XEV in portrait, below 1XEV in landscape). BUT, at least this way the RED notifier LED works properly, and that is more important than having a screwy LED that tells you nothing. Hopefully this will get fixed with the next release.

How many people with this problem had the LED notification set to on for bluetooth? Better yet, has anyone had the crazy LED problem WITHOUT having the bluetooth LED notification set to on?
    I have that problem both WITH and WITHOUT Bluetooth installed. I will try a battery pull & see if that works, but I've done battery pulls in the past and the problem recurs regardless....
    03-02-09 01:56 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD