I just installed the Blackberry Desktop Manager on a new computer - and tried to back up my Storm to the computer. It keeps on crashing at "WordToGoPrefs", and then I get an error message that "Error Backing up databases" and it stops and will not complete the backup. I have upgraded and reinstalled Documents to go - no help. Any ideas? Thanks.

Lou
    05-13-09 11:05 PM
    I just installed the Blackberry Desktop Manager on a new computer - and tried to back up my Storm to the computer. It keeps on crashing at "WordToGoPrefs", and then I get an error message that "Error Backing up databases" and it stops and will not complete the backup. I have upgraded and reinstalled Documents to go - no help. Any ideas? Thanks.

Lou
    It's most likely not the word to go prefs that are corrupt. Clear your browser cache and try again. If that doesn't work, try backing up each item manually. Do a search for more info on how to do this (if clearing the cache doesn't fix it).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 11:14 PM
    The easiest way I've found to remedy this issue is to do an advanced backup, clear the specific database titled "Browser Data Cache" and then attempt to do a back up again. This has worked EVERY SINGLE TIME, as I have been getting the backup failed error every time I attempt a backup. Now, I don't even bother to backup until I've cleared the Browser Data Cache database first, lol.
    05-13-09 11:29 PM
    Clearing the Browser Data Cache worked - thank you!!
    05-14-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD