Ok so yesturday i downloaded .109. (which i forgot that i had done). This morning I pluged my phone into my laptop and it said that there was an update. So i accepted it. After about 20 minutes it finish. Then it hit me. I was wondering if i accidentally did the .109 upgrade? So I checked and sure enough my bb said it was .109. So for anyone that is wondering if it was easy to upgrade. IT IS!!!!!! I did it without even knowing it. Thats how easy it was. So now time will tell if it was worth it or not
    03-03-09 09:05 AM
    Ahhhhhh....never mind.
    03-03-09 09:06 AM
    Ok so yesturday i downloaded .109. (which i forgot that i had done). This morning I pluged my phone into my laptop and it said that there was an update. So i accepted it. After about 20 minutes it finish. Then it hit me. I was wondering if i accidentally did the .109 upgrade? So I checked and sure enough my bb said it was .109. So for anyone that is wondering if it was easy to upgrade. IT IS!!!!!! I did it without even knowing it. Thats how easy it was. So now time will tell if it was worth it or not
    It is really easy to upgrade from OS to OS. The tricky parts come when you want to replace specific non-working portions of a beta, ie, .86 mms or install a hybrid. But then again there are tons of threads on here that actually walk you through it as well as some damn nice people that are willing to help if you hit a wall.
    03-03-09 09:41 AM
    Sure it's this easy, but it's also very important to manually backup your device and apps before you upgrade. You never know if your power will flicker and hose the install.
    03-03-09 09:50 AM
    maaan i thought you were saying an official Verizon one was out
    03-03-09 09:54 AM
    Sure it's this easy, but it's also very important to manually backup your device and apps before you upgrade. You never know if your power will flicker and hose the install.
    Very true and save your backups because you'll never know when you'll need them. I was upgrading to Sith's Hybrid and my contacts and other info didnt come through. I went back to restore them from the backup I did and for some reason it didnt work. So i went to a backup I had did a week prior and it restored all my contacts and info I was missing. Over time those backups files can tend to add up but I just put them into a seperate folder so it doesnt clutter things up.
    03-03-09 09:57 AM
    .109 rocks so far
    03-03-09 10:15 AM
    maaan i thought you were saying an official Verizon one was out
    yeah me too. Back to sleep for me
    03-03-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD