I bought a Storm on Dec. 15 and have been happy with it, except for the last month or so there has been a lot of "creaking" in the screen in its lower left corner. By creaking I mean that I press the screen in and it squeaks and creaks a bit rather than making a sharp "click" sound. The phone is still functional but the creaking is very annoying and I'm afraid it will lead to further screen click issues in the future.

What are the chances that I can go into a VZ store this weekend and ask for a replacement? This is my first Storm so I don't know what the replacement procedures are for hardware issues after 30 days out.
    02-06-09 10:13 AM
    Well you would still be covered by warranty I am assuming? If they accept it as a problem they can just replace it I would say.
    02-06-09 10:14 AM
    Well you would still be covered by warranty I am assuming? If they accept it as a problem they can just replace it I would say.
    Yes I think so ... I don't see any reasons why I would not still be covered by the warranty.
    02-06-09 10:20 AM
    You might check(very carefully and thoroughly) for a screen protector that is overhanging the screen slightly in that area. This could be one you installed or one of the ones that came on the phone. It can be very difficult to see.

An overhang like that can create friction between the screen and its border.
    02-06-09 10:25 AM
    I would check for the stock screen protector, if they was previously removed then I would just return it.
    02-06-09 10:28 AM
    There is a known issue (though less known than the dust, or poorly clicking screen issues) that some folks call crunchy screen, that is similar to what you are describing. They HAVE replaced phone for it. Give it a shot.
    02-06-09 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD