With .103 just recently being released I wonder when .106 (we know it exists for 9530) will leak? I'm hoping it fixes allot of the small issues that plagued .99 and .103 (MMS issues along with the dreaded keyboard lag. They also need to finally have BT audio when watching a film/mov file... ).

I've had to retreat three times from newer leaked OS (.90 .99 & .103) will .106 finally sow up some of the outstanding issues (which i feel are just being flat out ignored)?

Discuss, and please keep it CLEAN & ON TOPIC!
    02-13-09 10:53 PM
    c'mon, really?
    02-13-09 11:05 PM
    c'mon, really?
    Yes, really.

Go back to curve land please if you don't want to hold an educated conversation. TIA!
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 02-13-09 at 11:19 PM.
    02-13-09 11:10 PM
    It almost feels like RIM is focusing on speed/performance before fixing the smaller glitches. There are a few problems that most don't notice that have been around since .8x releases. I doubt .106 will have these fixed. Regardless, if it came put this week, it may be next week. The file stamp on .103 was a week old before it landed in public hands.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:10 PM
    It almost feels like RIM is focusing on speed/performance before fixing the smaller glitches. There are a few problems that most don't notice that have been around since .8x releases. I doubt .106 will have these fixed. Regardless, if it came put this week, it may be next week. The file stamp on .103 was a week old before it landed in public hands.

Ive noticed the same, there recent builds have all been performance UI geared. Its become the sacrifice for a fully functioning phone though. Your probably right on .106 still not tying up loose ends that have been more then apparent in previous leaked builds...

And the sacrifice of resolution to enhance snappiness and responsiveness is IMHO unacceptable. This is the one major area that separates it from all competitors, its beautiful resolution/sharpness in its overall appearance.
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 02-13-09 at 11:18 PM.
    02-13-09 11:16 PM
    Ive noticed the same, there recent builds have all been performance UI geared. Its become the sacrifice for a fully functioning phone though. Your probably right on .106 still not tying up loose ends that have been more then apparent in previous leaked builds...

And the sacrifice of resolution to enhance snappiness and responsiveness is IMHO unacceptable. This is the one major area that separates it from all competitors, its beautiful resolution/sharpness in its overall appearance.
    Actually, if RIM doesn't fix the color resolution issue, I believe enough people will be ticked to the point of class action. I don't suggest they take that route.

02-13-09 11:30 PM
    Im predicting Valentines day night....
    02-13-09 11:45 PM
    Wow that would be a lovely Hallmark Holiday gift (if it were any good and non-problematic)! Though my hopes are not set high as the past three major leaks have all been duds (nothing but progress indicators, no real solid OS's).

Actually, if RIM doesn't fix the color resolution issue, I believe enough people will be ticked to the point of class action. I don't suggest they take that route.

Do you really think people would be that T'd off? I know I'm a bit bitter about it, but I wouldn't think of trying to go Class Action over it (though i do see the angle on how it could be). I'm in agreence with you though on it being the wrong route if they want to keep users. Hopefully the Bold coming to Verizon might be my ship jump...hate to say it!
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 02-13-09 at 11:51 PM.
    02-13-09 11:48 PM
    Its averaging about 8 to 10 days between leaks. So next weekend is a better bet. Unless of course Sith builds another hybrid (with fingers crossed he does).

02-13-09 11:53 PM
    Its averaging about 8 to 10 days between leaks. So next weekend is a better bet. Unless of course Sith builds another hybrid (with fingers crossed he does).

Have not toyed around with Siths Hybrids, but have read that some like it (V3). Don't know if i want to venture down "mix matched, pieced together OS's (and thats no knock to Sith). Even his OS has functionality issues.
    02-13-09 11:56 PM
    Hybrid smybrid. No offense to Sith because I like what he's doing with those projects, but in reality if he's breaking rules by giving out even one COD that's from a newer unreleased OS by including ir in his hybrid builds, we might as well have the whole enchilada. . I know, I'm evil. Lol

02-14-09 12:03 AM
    Hybrid smybrid. No offense to Sith because I like what he's doing with those projects, but in reality if he's breaking rules by giving out even one COD that's from a newer unreleased OS by including ir in his hybrid builds, we might as well have the whole enchilada. . I know, I'm evil. Lol

Yum enchiladas!!!

I doubt he's got any source codes/.cod in his hybrids that are from future unleaked OS's.
    02-14-09 12:17 AM
    I thought one version had .103 files in it before 103 was out. I could be wrong, it's what I read on here. Either way, both leaks and the hybrids have given us the means to bring out the best in this phone. I welcome 106 when it comes out. Heck, I might even try to use the 9500 106 CODs with the 9530 sfi file and see what happens.

02-14-09 12:31 AM
    I bet it will be out on Wends!
    02-14-09 12:34 AM

Do you really think people would be that T'd off? I know I'm a bit bitter about it, but I wouldn't think of trying to go Class Action over it (though i do see the angle on how it could be). I'm in agreence with you though on it being the wrong route if they want to keep users. Hopefully the Bold coming to Verizon might be my ship jump...hate to say it!
    Ya I'd think the masses would be a little t'd off. considering all those who are clueless and don't know of the leaks and crackberry, when they see an "official update" and the color gets worse, they're gonna be ticked, I know I would be.

Sorry if this makes no sense, I just got home from the bar and words are not being nice to me!
    02-14-09 01:32 AM
    I almost feel like there should be a thread for Storm owners that's more along the lines of "I'd like to just post random threads about whatever I'm thinking about at this very moment. I wonder about the homeless kids in Africa and whether they'll ever get a Storm."

Sigh.
    02-14-09 02:08 AM
    this is what would happen...
    Me: hey baby um, i'm gunna be like an hour late for dinner tonight.
    Her: why what happened please don't tell me your work is making you come in on saturday again
    Me: [pause] um yeah thats exactly it
    Me [in my head]: no um, new operating system duh!!

haha sorry this was to good to pass up!
    02-14-09 02:21 AM
    I almost feel like there should be a thread for Storm owners that's more along the lines of "I'd like to just post random threads about whatever I'm thinking about at this very moment. I wonder about the homeless kids in Africa and whether they'll ever get a Storm."
    This belongs in the storm lounge that is what its for. I'm still waiting on .111 or higher

Sigh.

02-14-09 07:28 AM

Evil nothing. You make an excellent point
    02-14-09 08:18 AM

Honestly, I can deal with the current speed of .103 if they would just fix some of the annoyingly unsmooth transitions in the os. For instance, when the keyboard is open and you switch from portrait to landscape it glitches and you see the box for a sec, also the fact that there really is no transition at all between landscape and portrait, it just moves. Now I have heard that the cpu in this thing is more powerful than the iphones, if that is true why does the OS and UI look so primitive compared to the iphone? I mean, at launch iphone had a beautiful UI (more bugs than even the storm though). I am beginning to think that they should have held back on releasing this phone as a whole for another six to eight months and developed quite a few things alot better first. None-the-less, I like my storm and Im gonna hang in there and hope that RIM does not let us down.
    02-14-09 12:04 PM
    It seems like they have separate people or teams assigned to each module. This would explain a lot of the "two steps forward, one step back" we have seen over the history of this OS.

One team fixes or improves upon their little corner of the OS, puts it in the test build, while another teams fixes don't pan out. Plus the unknown interactions between revised modules.

That being said, it seems like they're all finally homing in on a workable complete build. .103 has been solid for me. .99 and .103 seem to be builds aimed at "lets stabilize this thing before improving it", and if so, thats what is needed.

1. Make what is there useable / stable
    2. Tune what is there to make it faster / use less memory.
    3. Add to what is there (new features, major changes).
    4. Rinse, repeat.
    02-14-09 01:07 PM

I agree, I don't want to see the resolution of the phone sacrificed as the easy way for them to speed up the OS.
    02-14-09 02:01 PM
    Honestly, I can deal with the current speed of .103 if they would just fix some of the annoyingly unsmooth transitions in the os. For instance, when the keyboard is open and you switch from portrait to landscape it glitches and you see the box for a sec, also the fact that there really is no transition at all between landscape and portrait, it just moves.
    OMG you gotta be kidding. Your upset because you see a box for a second?

Arn't there more serious things to worry about? And what do you mean "there is no transition at all between landscape and portrait, it just moves." That is the transition.

Hope you don't lose sleep over that "sec" at night.
    02-14-09 02:33 PM
    I agree, I don't want to see the resolution of the phone sacrificed as the easy way for them to speed up the OS.
    well I suppose there is no point in having a cake if you do not intend to eat it.
    02-14-09 02:56 PM

Interesting to see someone with your number of posts make a statement like that. Usually it's a newbie who hasn't yet learned to "love" playing with the leaks and hybrids and trying to come up with some workarounds of their own for things.

Personally, I think RIM's CEO shot himself in the foot when he basically said this thing doesn't work like it should and don't expect a smartphone to ever come on the market working like it should. I'm sure some lawyers are already drawing up documents based on that alone.
    02-14-09 03:04 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD